CA CA - Colusa Co., WhtFemale HC409, 20-26, surgical repair to femur, Oct'82

I'm officially embarrassed - when I was looking into the missing persons case further I see that they are looking into this Jane Doe already.

SORRY! :)

I'm officially embarrassed - when I was looking into the missing persons case further I see that they are looking into this Jane Doe already.

Well see...it WAS a good match!

No need to be sorry, looks like you made a good match !! :clap::clap:

Estimated age: 20-26 years old

Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1"-5'4"

Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair. Fracture of lower left leg; pin through right femur. Plate screwed to right femur with the words "VITALIUM 3 3/4".

Clothing: Red/white/blue blouse; brown cord pants; brown lace, leather, rubber-soled shoes size 5 - 5 1/2.

Personal Effects: Silver ring; silver pendant necklace with Hebrew writing; pair of crescent shaped earrings, 3 1/2 inches, 1 white and 1 brown; round pin-brooch; gold color frame sunglasses.

Dentals: Available
DNA: Available​

Charlotte Heimann had medical hardware in her right leg also. I doubt this is Charlotte though.

heimann_charlotte.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/heimann_charlotte.html

So does Carol Jean Fillion Aungst Clark Pierce, but she is too old.

pierce_carol.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pierce_carol.html

Has anyone ever seen the Hebrew writing? I can ask my husband if anyone at the seminary can transcribe it....they would have tried that, right? Maybe whatever it says they are keeping close to the vest.

Was wondering about Paulette Jaster, missing from MI in 1979. Brown hair, right height, only a year above age estimate, was known to be in Arizona at some point, so the west coast is not out of the realm of possibility.

Paulette's Charley Project page says she liked "animals, unique jewelry, and natural items." It also says that she showed up to work at a diner in Arizona one day with an engagement ring on. This UID also would seem to enjoy unique jewelry.

Not exactly a slam dunk, but maybe worth a look?

IrishEyes, you would think that after 30 years someone might have bothered to transcribe the Hebrew writing, but if they did, they have chosen not to let anyone know what it said.

also I do not see this UID at Namus so we are left with just the DN profile to work with.

I submitted Charlotte Heimann as a possible match to the Colusa County Sheriff's Office. I kept coming back to the similarity of medical hardware and time frame... then I found this thread and that she caught other's eyes as well. I received a pretty quick response from a very nice detective who said they will be talking to Rochester about a DNA comparison and will update me. Keeping my fingers crossed! I know Charlotte's daughter has been looking for her recently - according to her Facebook page she was only 3 when her mother disappeared. :( Hopefully there will be closure soon. I'm so glad they kept trying and trying to get this unidentified woman's DNA.

I submitted Charlotte Heimann as a possible match to the Colusa County Sheriff's Office. I kept coming back to the similarity of medical hardware and time frame... then I found this thread and that she caught other's eyes as well. I received a pretty quick response from a very nice detective who said they will be talking to Rochester about a DNA comparison and will update me. Keeping my fingers crossed! I know Charlotte's daughter has been looking for her recently - according to her Facebook page she was only 3 when her mother disappeared. :( Hopefully there will be closure soon. I'm so glad they kept trying and trying to get this unidentified woman's DNA.

I think Charlotte looks like a great match! I don't know how she got to CA from NY but if the man she was afraid of killed her he may have travelled across the country and dumped her remains in CA. Do you know how long it would take to drive from NY to CA? It's possible she went with him and he didn't kill her until they reached CA, otherwise he would be travelling with her remains.

Do we know whether Charlotte was Jewish? I noted the pendant with the Hebrew symbol, although you wouldn't have to be Jewish to want to wear something with Hebrew on it.

I think it would take days to get across the country. I wondered also if this were Charlotte, if she may have gone to Cali on her own. I figure... if I were in a position I was so scared of someone I'd check myself in to a mental hospital, I'd probably be scared enough to leave the state furtively.

I don't know whether or not Charlotte was Jewish. It did come to mind though that the school she was attending, University of Rochester, has a particularly high Jewish population compared to many other schools.

On a name origin search "Heimann" seems to be of German origin, possibly German Jews? It looks like some of the earliest Heimann settlers in the US had Jewish-sounding first names.

names that end with double N are typically but not exclusively non-Jewish German names.

Crazy, I can't find Colusa Jane on NamUs. Was she identified?

This one is probably a long shot, but I thought it was worth running by you guys anyway: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6910/38/

Judy Worrell, she fits the age and height range, and disappeared from a bar in North Highlands in October 1981, which was the estimated date of death for Jane Doe. North Highlands is north of Sacramento, so it's not an enormous distance from Colusa County. Judy's last known clothing doesn't match, and there's nothing about her having medical hardware, but she did have past injuries to her legs including at least one break, as well as broken arms. And while Judy has auburn hair and Jane Doe has brown, a lot of times that's subjective.

What do you guys think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back