New Posters & Long Time Lurkers

Littledeer

Former Member
Reaction score
Welcome to WS!!!! :clap:

Please sign in and share your feelings on the following:

Out of all the hundreds of cases that are here at WS, what is it about this case that compelled you to make your first post?

A friend of mine gave me the WS link. This case hooked me because two young girls were murdered in cold blood, on a country road...in the middle of nowhere.

I've not posted anything but, I have tried to read everything. It just hit me hard as I have children near this age. It could happen to absolutely anyone, anywhere, anytime and it (quite frankly) ticks me right off. That there are people out there who believe they have the right to snuff out a child's life because they can...makes me lose faith in human race.

That's why I'm here. :crazy:

I am not a new poster or a lurker. What got me interested in this is that I was raise in a small town in Okla. about 1 1/2 hours south of Weleetka I also live in Tulsa for a few years.

I'm a long time lurker thanks to SuziQ although she has no idea. I've been reading Huff's Crime Blog for years and saw Websleuths mentioned in the comments more than once so decided to check it out one day. I honestly don't know why I all of a sudden decided to come out of my shell and start posting. There's something about this case and these poor girls. I think about them a lot. The Amy Giordano case did this to me as well.

I think this is a wonderful community filled with diverse and interesting people. I hope to be a part of it for a long time.

I'm a long time lurker thanks to SuziQ although she has no idea. I've been reading Huff's Crime Blog for years and saw Websleuths mentioned in the comments more than once so decided to check it out one day. I honestly don't know why I all of a sudden decided to come out of my shell and start posting. There's something about this case and these poor girls. I think about them a lot. The Amy Giordano case did this to me as well.

I think this is a wonderful community filled with diverse and interesting people. I hope to be a part of it for a long time.
Well, welcome January, good references..............SQ is a keeper!

Hey everyone! I haven't been lurking for too long, maybe a couple of months. I don't know exactly why I decided to start posting with this case, I just know that this has really gotten to me...it seems like if it happened to these innocent girls it could happen to anyone. There is nothing in the world they could have done to deserve what happened to them, and this/these sick SOB need to be brought to justice.

I actually found WS through a link when I was reading about Nicole Morin, a girl who went missing when I was 9 or so from close to my Dad's house. I was following links and came here about the same time as the Kelsey Smith story was happening so I started reading those threads. I realized I could register in the winter, and did, but I don't have anything helpful to add, so I mostly just read.

I've posted a few times in these threads, because I happened to catch the AMW that mentioned (briefly!) the case. I'd say this story resonates with me because those girls were just starting out and inexplicably had their lives taken away. Its frustrating and scary. I have a 12 year old son who wants me to stop babying him and he wants to hang out with his friends and not me. I also have a 3 year old daughter who is just an angel and I can't even imagine how Skyla and Taylor's families feel. I guess it just hit home somehow.

I hope to have more time to post here in the summer. I'm working on my PhD and I'm in the middle of some crazy exams so don't have much time. I shouldn't even be on the computer right now!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Welcome and please, don't stop posting. All theories, thoughts, information, etc. is welcomed!!

:blowkiss:

I've been a longtime lurker and finally got an address that WS accepted. My first post was about these poor girls. I think what interested me is that they seem to come from such wonderful immediate families who were doing their best to protect them... but their extended families have a diverse criminal element.

I don't know something about this case intrigues me because of the dynamics between all the families. And of course, as the mother of a daughter (mine is still a baby) my heart just breaks for these families. No family should ever have to go through this, EVER. Children are the innocent and deserve our protection at all costs.

It seems SuziQ has quite a following! I too, following Huff's Blog (The legend that is Steve Huff), found my way over here some time ago after reading a comment from SuziQ and have been lurking for a year or two.
My first post was in the Neil Entwistle thread (as I'm in the UK) but this is the other thread I have been following intently for the past few weeks.

Our media carried the story initially but nothing since so I come here for updates.

This story reminds me of one we had here about five years ago-the murder of schoolgirls Holly Wells & Jessica Chapman- and even though that turned out to be someone indirectly linked to them it was the same in respect of two young girls just out minding their business on a sunday afternoon/eve and their lives just snuffed out suddenly.

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone for their chat and updates and the great work you do at this fantastic forum.

I hope the families of girls get justice soon.

Welcome to WS busters_mummy!!

Unique nick........... :)

Yes, SuziQ is quite a person. I also followed her posts for a while before I joined. (Although, like you, she doesn't know this).

I'm glad to hear that LE was able to catch the killer of the two girls in the UK. Like you, I also am praying that the families get justice for these beautiful angels.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts!!!!

I also found Websleuths through Steve Huff's blog. I've posted here and there on other cases, but mostly just lurked. Posters here have taught me a lot with the way they think and analyze cases. Usually I'm two steps behind and have nothing to add.

I think what grabs me about this particular case is that it doesn't make a lot of sense, but at the same time it doesn't seem to be a senseless, random crime. It's a real mystery, in the deepest sense. Most of the other cases that receive a lot of attention on the board seem to have a much clearer motive, even if the perpetrator can't be found.

But on the other hand, I can only read so much about this. I can't go look at the pictures of the two little girls. It would make me too sad. It's bad enough that things like this happen to adults, but kids......There are just no words.

I think what grabs me about this particular case is that it doesn't make a lot of sense, but at the same time it doesn't seem to be a senseless, random crime. It's a real mystery, in the deepest sense. ...

This is probably the best summation I have read of this crime.

It doesn't make sense but it doesn't appear to be senseless.

And you know what, I think that is a clue. But where does it point us?

I have been a member for awhile. My first post was made since there is a first time psychic thread. I usually would check to match up information to intuitive info I was getting.

Welcome to WS!!!! :clap:

Please sign in and share your feelings on the following:

Out of all the hundreds of cases that are here at WS, what is it about this case that compelled you to make your first post?

I've been a member for awhile but just don't post that much. This story grabbed me because it is so horrific. I will never understand murder but to kill these two harmless girls just bothers me. I can't even get close to why this killer or these killers felt compelled to do this. This is a death sentence case if I have ever seen one. I keep rolling over in my mind if it was one or more killers. It will be more telling if & when the type of ammunition was used. If they both were handguns, it still could be one shooter who wanted to fire both weapons for some sick reason. It's just a horrible tragedy.

I've been a member for awhile but just don't post that much. This story grabbed me because it is so horrific. I will never understand murder but to kill these two harmless girls just bothers me. I can't even get close to why this killer or these killers felt compelled to do this. This is a death sentence case if I have ever seen one. I keep rolling over in my mind if it was one or more killers. It will be more telling if & when the type of ammunition was used. If they both were handguns, it still could be one shooter who wanted to fire both weapons for some sick reason. It's just a horrible tragedy.
It certainly could be ONE shooter JP, with two seperate firearms.

It certainly could be ONE shooter JP, with two seperate firearms.

I posted in "The Weapons" thread on more of my thinking on one shooter. You can check there & give me your thoughts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back