1284 users online (247 members and 1037 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
    I think what grabs me about this particular case is that it doesn't make a lot of sense, but at the same time it doesn't seem to be a senseless, random crime. It's a real mystery, in the deepest sense. ...
    This is probably the best summation I have read of this crime.

It doesn't make sense but it doesn't appear to be senseless.

And you know what, I think that is a clue. But where does it point us?

I have been a member for awhile. My first post was made since there is a first time psychic thread. I usually would check to match up information to intuitive info I was getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    Welcome to WS!!!!

Please sign in and share your feelings on the following:

Out of all the hundreds of cases that are here at WS, what is it about this case that compelled you to make your first post?
    I've been a member for awhile but just don't post that much. This story grabbed me because it is so horrific. I will never understand murder but to kill these two harmless girls just bothers me. I can't even get close to why this killer or these killers felt compelled to do this. This is a death sentence case if I have ever seen one. I keep rolling over in my mind if it was one or more killers. It will be more telling if & when the type of ammunition was used. If they both were handguns, it still could be one shooter who wanted to fire both weapons for some sick reason. It's just a horrible tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by JP76ER View Post
    I've been a member for awhile but just don't post that much. This story grabbed me because it is so horrific. I will never understand murder but to kill these two harmless girls just bothers me. I can't even get close to why this killer or these killers felt compelled to do this. This is a death sentence case if I have ever seen one. I keep rolling over in my mind if it was one or more killers. It will be more telling if & when the type of ammunition was used. If they both were handguns, it still could be one shooter who wanted to fire both weapons for some sick reason. It's just a horrible tragedy.
    It certainly could be ONE shooter JP, with two seperate firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    It certainly could be ONE shooter JP, with two seperate firearms.

I posted in "The Weapons" thread on more of my thinking on one shooter. You can check there & give me your thoughts.

long time lurker...jsut a few posts
    not sure, maybe benjam kyle
    lurk serveral pet cases though, 2 in sc unidentified, kyle fleshamn, randy marion ...
    2 OK angels murdered....several others...
    bluestarzz

I don't think I can articulate what it is about this case that drew me back to WS after a long absence.
    I think it has something to do with being the mother of a 13 year old daughter and trying to make sense of the senselessness of this crime.
    It is the nature of the truth to struggle to the light.

Hi, everyone.

I had been lurking for awhile, then decided to join. This is a great group, by the way.

Anyways, I have also been following this story since it happened. Trying to find ANYTHING that could be of help.

My personal feeling is that it was some of the kids from the bridge, since they would go there to shoot their guns. But how they've kept it a secret for so long is a mystery to me. Kids love to brag.

I just can not see it being drug or gang related. Unless the two girls saw some of the boys smoking pot or doing something else illegal.

Anyways, that's my two cents for the day.

Glad to be here.

Robin

I've been a lurker since beautiful, sad little Rowan went missing.
    I was unable to post until I had an email account from the right type of provider, so I was forced to remain a lurker.
    Now I have an account, but don't post often.
    What intrigues me about this case was well expressed in someone else's reply: it appears to be too creepy to be random, yet it's hard to believe anyone could find a reason to shoot these little girls.

innocence shattered

Actually, this is in fact my first post. I confess, I've been a lurker for about two weeks. When my registration was approved last night after having problems because of my ISP, the top of my head almost came slam off! LOL. I was positively thrilled. Finally...a site with a moderator.
    I really can't explain why THIS case is important to me, other than the obvious, but it's what led me here after following the story from the time the news broke. I was just 'digging' into this case before I knew I was..and here I am, still praying to God that justice will come for Taylor and Skyla.
    Obsessed? Perhaps. I just can't get it out of my head and I don't know why. It's like leaving home and having this nagging feeling all day that you forgot something important. I've always LOVED true crime shows and such but I never got 'hooked' on a case until now. I'm just one of those people who love trying to figure things out. "I've always been intrigued by puzzles" as Dale Hinman always says.
    Anyway, I'm thrilled to be here. I just hope I can bring something positive to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
    I think what grabs me about this particular case is that it doesn't make a lot of sense, but at the same time it doesn't seem to be a senseless, random crime. It's a real mystery, in the deepest sense. Most of the other cases that receive a lot of attention on the board seem to have a much clearer motive, even if the perpetrator can't be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert18 View Post
    This is probably the best summation I have read of this crime.

It doesn't make sense but it doesn't appear to be senseless.

And you know what, I think that is a clue. But where does it point us?
    Yes, Aleph captures it there. And so do you, Albert. I think that what seems to be a meaningful, analyzable mystery in this led me to post about it myself. I read the other cases here and there but for me, this is like the Elizabeth Smart case--something unusual is going on.
    TAPU'S BLOG
    Murder in the Hills

I have been reading this board for some time, but this case has hit me hard emotionally and inspired me to begin posting. This case, to me, is second only to that of Carlie Brucia for making an impact on my life. Thank you everyone for this forum!

I am a sometimes lurker. For weeks after Taylor and Skyla's death, I checked the OK news sites hoping for an arrest and justice. When the news fell off the headlines, I had to look further and found this site.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of the girls. It hit me hard because they reminded me so much of my best friend and myself when we were that age. We walked the back country roads of Louisiana and spent many a happy, carefree summer. My heart breaks that Taylor and Skyla were taken so brutally and so young. This case has tugged at my heartstrings. I want to see justice and I want those little girls to have peace.

I don't have much insight into the possible scenarios, but I appreciate that you let me come and consider yours. I just want, like all of you, to hear the words 'We have the suspect(s) in custody.' I will also be waiting to hear the guilty verdicts. I will follow this case to the end. As long as someone cares, its not cold.

Quote Originally Posted by arbor View Post
    I am a sometimes lurker. For weeks after Taylor and Skyla's death, I checked the OK news sites hoping for an arrest and justice. When the news fell off the headlines, I had to look further and found this site.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of the girls. It hit me hard because they reminded me so much of my best friend and myself when we were that age. We walked the back country roads of Louisiana and spent many a happy, carefree summer. My heart breaks that Taylor and Skyla were taken so brutally and so young. This case has tugged at my heartstrings. I want to see justice and I want those little girls to have peace.

I don't have much insight into the possible scenarios, but I appreciate that you let me come and consider yours. I just want, like all of you, to hear the words 'We have the suspect(s) in custody.' I will also be waiting to hear the guilty verdicts. I will follow this case to the end. As long as someone cares, its not cold.
    Hi arbor, very well said. It bothers me daily that Taylor and Skyla are gone, and that the case seems to be slowing down in terms of new leads and information. I can't remember the last time I heard about it on the news here in northeast Ohio, it has been several weeks at least. Very heartbreaking.
    Cheers
    In loving memory of Skyla Whitaker (1997-2008) and Taylor Paschal-Placker (1995-2008).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast