772 users online (107 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    They say there is power in numbers...With all of us feeling the way we do about "Our Girls" I have no doubt this will be solved. I have such a love for these 2 girls..it is so hard to explain. Y'all can see how long I have been a member and I have never been on a case as much as this one.
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
    They say there is power in numbers...With all of us feeling the way we do about "Our Girls" I have no doubt this will be solved. I have such a love for these 2 girls..it is so hard to explain. Y'all can see how long I have been a member and I have never been on a case as much as this one.
    You and me both, GS... I often think about the fact that if this hadn't happened, I would probably have never heard of Taylor or Skyla in my lifetime. But personally I would rather have never heard of them than to remember them because of this tragedy. This is NOT how the girls should have made their mark on the world.

Cheers!
    In loving memory of Skyla Whitaker (1997-2008) and Taylor Paschal-Placker (1995-2008).

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Boots-OK View Post
    Hello everyone...

Well, I guess this means I'm official now. It's nice to join all of you good people.
    Hi AKA "Just Nanny", good to see you here!

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardPlayer View Post
    You and me both, GS... I often think about the fact that if this hadn't happened, I would probably have never heard of Taylor or Skyla in my lifetime. But personally I would rather have never heard of them than to remember them because of this tragedy. This is NOT how the girls should have made their mark on the world.

Cheers!
    Well spoken.

Post brought over from discussion thread

Quote:
    Originally Posted by adielphia
    Hello all I am new to websleuths. This is just horrible what happened to these beautiful babies, I hope and pray they find the killer/killers!

It just hits so close to home, I have a child around the same age and I would not know what to do it something happened to him. I also help my parents raise my neice and she is not far from their age.

Adielphia

what I say is my opinion only and does not reflect anyone elses feelings or opinions. all opinions are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by adielphia View Post
    It just hits so close to home, I have a child around the same age and I would not know what to do it something happened to him. I also help my parents raise my neice and she is not far from their age.
    Yes, this case has touched the hearts of many.

For me personally having lived in, or near large cities all my life I daily hear of innocent children being gunned down for one reason or another, usually dealing with their family gang affiliations. Other times it's due to some crazy nut unknown to the families.

I know bad things happen anywhere, but somehow the vision of a tiny town with dirt roads where kids walk made this all more sad to me. So many people would love to raise their children in that type of atmosphere, but as we've learned, not everyone in small towns are good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    Yes, this case has touched the hearts of many.

For me personally having lived in, or near large cities all my life I daily hear of innocent children being gunned down for one reason or another, usually dealing with their family gang affiliations. Other times it's due to some crazy nut unknown to the families.

I know bad things happen anywhere, but somehow the vision of a tiny town with dirt roads where kids walk made this all more sad to me. So many people would love to raise their children in that type of atmosphere, but as we've learned, not everyone in small towns are good people.
    I am learning that there is no safe place to live any more and it is very sad. As being a kid I remember walking everywhere and never worrying, now I will not even let my son ride his bike up and down the road unless I am there to watch.

Adielphia

what I say is my opinion only and does not reflect anyone elses feelings or opinions. all opinions are welcome

Why has this case gone COLD?

I mean FROZEN in time....

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

I actually wondered about the FATHER'S involvement....

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

I have a dog in this fight. This case became my concern because some ahole walked into my corner bar up here in Gladwin, Michigan, right on the heels of these two girls murders. Straight from Oklahama. With a crazy guy with him. No one is more dissapointed then me that these cases aren't solved.

I sitll love you boots.

I have come to learn there are a number of aspects to this case. Skyla's brother had testified in court against some one just months before these killings. Peter Placker discovered the two girls and huddled over the dead bodies for at least fifteen minutes before calling the police. The crime scene was tampered with.
    Yes, the deaths of these two girls is a terrible shame, but what is worse is that they were surrounded by drug dealing bikers. Sooner or later someone is going to die.

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by sameole View Post
    I have come to learn there are a number of aspects to this case. Skyla's brother had testified in court against some one just months before these killings. Peter Placker discovered the two girls and huddled over the dead bodies for at least fifteen minutes before calling the police. The crime scene was tampered with.
    Yes, the deaths of these two girls is a terrible shame, but what is worse is that they were surrounded by drug dealing bikers. Sooner or later someone is going to die.
    Sadly, someone has already died, Skyla and Taylor..............

Last edited by Ruflossn; 02-02-2010 at 08:29 AM.

samole, Can you please pm me with a description of your corner bar? I hope this is not too intrusive for me to ask and I'll explain why I'm asking thru pm as I wish to stay on topic on the thread. thanks, wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

I have not left the fight.... just sitting back and waiting for our MIRACLE !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast