GUILTY NY - Teresa Barrera, 42, stabbed to death, New Cassel, 11 Dec 2007

csds703

Former Member
Reaction score
Husband convicted of stabbing wife to death

BY ANN GIVENS | ann.givens@newsday.com The fact that Jose Toxtle's wife admitted having an affair -- and blamed it on her husband's small penis -- still was not enough to help him beat a murder rap Tuesday.

It took a Nassau County jury less than three hours to convict Toxtle, 42, of killing Teresa Barrera, 42, his wife of five years. The mostly male jury rejected a defense lawyer's claim that the affair and subsequent insult would have caused Toxtle extreme emotional disturbance, which would have resulted in a conviction for manslaughter rather than murder.

Prosecutor Anna Acquafredda said Toxtle, who was a lawyer in Mexico before leaving his job and family to marry Barrera, did not commit the crime in the heat of passion. Instead, she said, he suspected for days that his wife was cheating, and concealed a knife behind his back for about 30 seconds while he was waiting to kill her.

"She believes they're having a conversation about their marriage, but he has a knife behind his back," Acquafredda said.
Defense lawyer David Haber of Woodbury said he was disappointed that the jury did not see the distress his client was under.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-listab0625,0,5689945.story:eek:

Isn't this a strange story and defense. :confused:
it sure is! and it is even funnier that he had a "mostly male jury". don't you think the defense wanted that?
i sometimes wonder how these people got through law school!

The lawyer probably had a small penis too. I guess he was projecting what he would do.

Glad the jury did the right thing.

Did he have to show his manhood to prove he had a small one in his defense?

If so, the defense probably had to hand out magnifying glasses to the jurors! lol Just to make a point. :)

But you're right...how do we know that what the defense is saying is true?

Ah, another version of the Twinkie Defense?

BAHAAAAAAA :crazy::clap:
24.gif
24.gif

:D Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seems like penis size is a hot topic around here lately! David Beckham and all.

Sure is.....
10.gif

Your :laugh:twinkie defense comment did me in. I woke the dog up laughing.

what did i miss... does david beckham have a small one?

I always heard....

scaredcartoon.gif
"It's not the size of the pencil....it's how well it writes."

I can't believe he didn't plead out. I would think a man would admit to murder before telling the whole world he has a small penis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back