Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 355

Thread: Body found at Motel - Megan Touma, Fort Bragg Pregnant Soldier

  1. #201
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/

    ~bump~

    For anyone just reading, the above linked blog, by Steve Huff, is a great read with many links (thinking of you, Celt :-)

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    1,593
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/

    ~bump~

    For anyone just reading, the above linked blog, by Steve Huff, is a great read with many links (thinking of you, Celt :-)
    I love Steve's blog and was an avid reader back when he was updating a lot. He really has such a way of detailing the crimes, and the perps. HIGHLY recommend his blog to any true crime lover. Good stuff over there.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    "Man has two supreme loyalties - to country and to family...So long as their families are safe, they will defend their country, believing that by their sacrifice they are safeguarding their families also. But even the bonds of patriotism, discipline, and comradeship are loosened when the family itself is threatened.
    - General William T. Sherman

    I think I found something to help explain how indirect care of family members (my heading an family readiness group of six hundred soldiers' family members...and that is just my example but trust me...it is the same throughout all branches of service) serves this country. General Sherman said it best. I apologize in advance to all on this thread for such a horrid violation of OT conversation. No more on the matter from my camp.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    IMO, the letter was written by a soldier. The date is written in military style to start with and then he switched back to civilian style date. I think he was attempting to throw LE off of his trail with the Zodiac crap. Furthermore, don't all killers basically think that they are above the law? They wouldn't kill (which is breaking the law) if they didn't have this thought. Killing is not something that LAW ABIDING citizens generally do anyhow...military or civilian.
    Totally agree. It just seems extraordinary to me that the official website of the Engineering Tract of the Special Forces of the US Army at Fort Bragg (Green Berets, yes?) which the POI soldier apparently belongs to would still be featuring on their front page an article attacking North Carolina civilian Law Enforcement over an incident which happenned in 2002. Where would one bad apple get his ideas? It is more than a little bit disconcerting to think that this attitude might be drilled into his head.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    official website of the Engineering Division of the US Army at Fort Bragg
    that page is the ENGINEERING TRACT of the SPECIAL FORCES SCHOOL at Fort Bragg. If you read both links it describes all of the different specialties within the school. I posted the engineering tract link d/t the 54th eng btn tipster.

    ~however~ linked earlier here was the fact that the POI is enrolled in psyops, which is also part of special forces division.

    http://www.bragg.army.mil/psyop/school_information.htm
    http://www.bragg.army.mil/psyop/ ...lifications.htm

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    42
    Thanks for the link! I hope they get this guy soon.
    did you see where on "Bonnies Blog" there is a new guy from NBC17 wanting to talk to Anibal? has to be the guy.
    it's also now on CNN's front page(finally).. Fellow GI SOUGHT-thought that was interesting.is he AWOl or just a bad choice of words?!-

  7. #207
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    did you see where on "Bonnies Blog" there is a new guy from NBC17 wanting to talk to Anibal?
    yes, Celt, I did! Read the updates on Steve's blog. Very interesting things he has to say on the hits his site got today and where they came from! I also dangled a twinkie there LOL....
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 06-29-2008 at 02:14 AM. Reason: one more thing

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    42
    LOL Good Job! hope he comes back and replies
    see you were overseas for a long time! me too!! Military BRAT!

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,875
    Just catching up here....wow...a lot happened while I was gone! Thanks for all the great links.

    One other thing....God Bless our military and their families!!
    IMO

  10. #210
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    see you were overseas for a long time! me too!! Military BRAT!
    Which parts? Mannheim, GE.........Geissen, GE.........Heidelberg, GE..........and Langoens, GE for us. Loved it and miss it terribly.

    My neighbor, here on post at Fort Leavenworth, is actually German and from Bamberg. She cannot believe it. Believe it or not, the number of violent criminals in the military is WAY LOWER than that of mainstream America in terms of ratio.

    Here at Leavenworth is the USDB...the prison for all military criminals from all branches serving a sentence of more than 10 years....

    Out of all 547,000 troops from all branches of service including active duty, guard, and reserve, there are only `515 prisoners here with a sentence of more than 10 years (speaks loudly on number of violent offenders/murderers/etc)

    http://usacac.army.mil/CAC/usdb.asp

    I believe the rapt attention in this case also has something to do with its' rarity. IMHOO

  11. #211
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    HEY AMSTER!!!! Did you bring the foil? I need to wrap my head lol


  12. #212
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,875
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    HEY AMSTER!!!! Did you bring the foil? I need to wrap my head lol

    ROFL! I keep a roll handy at all times!
    IMO

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    Which parts? Mannheim, GE.........Geissen, GE.........Heidelberg, GE..........and Langoens, GE for us. Loved it and miss it terribly.

    My neighbor, here on post at Fort Leavenworth, is actually German and from Bamberg. She cannot believe it. Believe it or not, the number of violent criminals in the military is WAY LOWER than that of mainstream America in terms of ratio.

    Here at Leavenworth is the USDB...the prison for all military criminals from all branches serving a sentence of more than 10 years....

    Out of all 547,000 troops from all branches of service including active duty, guard, and reserve, there are only `515 prisoners here with a sentence of more than 10 years (speaks loudly on number of violent offenders/murderers/etc)

    http://usacac.army.mil/CAC/usdb.asp

    I believe the rapt attention in this case also has something to do with its' rarity. IMHOO
    Lived In Lakenheath England for 24 years Dad was in the AF.. never got to Germany
    I agree about the crime being low in the military,The GI's can lose a stripe if they/or their kids get in to trouble. Overseas if any of the kids got into trouble they were sent back to the United states ...
    So to the person who said that the Military thinks that they can get away with anything they want...THATS Not the Military I know

  14. #214
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169

    I agree about the crime being low in the military,The GI's can lose a stripe if they/or their kids get in to trouble. Overseas if any of the kids got into trouble they were sent back to the United states ...
    So to the person who said that the Military thinks that they can get away with anything they want...THATS Not the Military I know
    Agreed Celt! When I worked as a new parent support home visiting nurse in mannheim, GE we had one teen pregnancy in the three years I worked there. Talk about a comparative ratio!

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    42
    lol I know what you mean! my mouth still drops when I watch "COPS"
    well have a great night and Thank You for the warm welcome!
    (and hopefully when we wake up we have someone in custody!)

  16. #216
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169

    pcsing from OCONUS

    PCSing from Oconus (permanant change of station) from overseas http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/OCONUS is exhausting and very busy for active duty and their families doing it. Just for a little background for the timeline I have typed up my own personal experiences to understand perhaps, in a small way, what Megan was going through.

    ~4-6 months before moving stations (pcs) we have an idea of where we go next. SUPPOSEDLY MEGAN REQUESTED BRAGG... SEVERAL ALLEGED FRIENDS MENTIONED HER FIANCE' OR BOYFRIEND, OR BABYDADDY BEING STATIONED THERE. THE TIPSTER MENTIONS THE PREGNANCY, PATERNITY, AND THE FACT THAT THE ALLEGED FATHER IS MARRIED

    ~1-2 months before we move we finally get confirmation of where we are going via a RFO (request for orders). We can arrange transportation (movers scheduled to pack you up and move you out) with these in most cases. In other cases you need hard orders. After the RFO the hard copy is there in four weeks or so

    ~in between continuing to work, changing command or responsibility and training incoming person into your current job you are outprocessing post, closing out german phone bills, german internet bills, and cleaning and scrubbing your quarters. This takes weeks of long and hard work. You are also coordinating flights to the states and researching next duty station

    ~the last week before flying is grueling! You try to clear everything before the flight. You have shipped your car already and have to rent a car...and it is EXPENSIVE. If you are lucky you have friends willing to drive you around and take you to the airport...so you don't have to spend 800 euros on a car for the week (about one thousand us dollars). But lots of times friends are deployed or working. You don't get reimbursed for a rental on the other side...it is out of pocket.....but we military know this and are prepared for it

    ~you've turned everything in and paid everything off in Germany...including your cell phone. All you have on the plane are your two checked bags...stuffed full of everything you could possibly need for the next 30 days until your "hold baggage" gets there, and a caryon with important papers, and the rest of what you need for the next few months. ON HER TRIBUTE PAGE MANY OF MEGAN'S FRIENDS DESCRIBE HUGGING HER BEFORE SHE LEFT. SHE HAD MANY FRIENDS AND COWORKERS THAT TRULY CARED ABOUT HER AND WOULD CONTINUE, MOST LIKELY, FRIENDSHIPS AFTER THE PCS TO FORT BRAGG

    ~you get on the plane sometime in the morning...usually btwn 7-11 am. You walk through at least two (sometimes four or more) scanners to pennetrate the international flight area...and almost miss your flight because of it.

    ~you fly 8 hours to 'transportation approved' airport (they only pay to land in certain regions....so Megan may have had to land in Charleston or some other place, and rent a car and drive the remainder of the way). DID SOMEONE PICK HER UP AT THE FINAL DESTINATION OR DID SHE RENT THE CAR THERE AND DRIVE ON TO FORT BRAGG?

    More, continued

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:


  18. #217
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    ~you get off of the plane...endure the customs lines, get all of your bags, and stagger with jet lag to the rentacar counter most international flights from germany land in the noonish time frame which gives a 12 ish hour window from landing until reporting at bragg

    ~you drive as far as you can to new location before succombing to a cat nap or two or three or eight at any gas station or rest stop along the way

    ~you make it there and sign in no matter what hour she signed in at 2 am and was also at 0600 formation. she was a RESPONSIBLE SOLDIER. She was not only jet lagging but also able to keep everything else in check...
    ~you are up and at it for formation right away..even if you haven't slept for days she reported in around 2am...but where was she inbetween flight and sign in and how did she get there and was anyone with her?

    ~you follow commander's instructions and begin to inprocess the new facility while looking for a place to live, a cell phone, new cable, internet and phone service, and getting to know the base and where the heck to find all the offices that you need to check off on your inprocessing sheet that needs to be turned in, to the first sergeant, completed.this could be one reason why she was not reported awol by the replacement detachment...as they have a lot of legwork to do/driving around and waiting in lines..to inprocess the post... You have to go to travel to arrange delivery of household goods (and have an address to do so) and process your travel pay at finance. There are long waiting lines in every place. You sign in the book and wait to have your name called. with the long weekend she most likely didn't have much time (while offices were open) to inprocess fort bragg. She got in at 2am, was at morning and afternoon formation, turned barracks key back in (again a very responsible and mature decision..most would forget about it until first sergeant reminded them), and stated she was looking for off post housing and poof she is gone! This does not keep with her character....Could perp have gotten her on the eve of that thursday???

    ~you end the day, like a good soldier, with formation. she was at 1500 formation

    ~you take the next three day weekend to catch up on jetlag (as it sucks coming from europe to the states) and sleep at funky hours of the day and night for a few weeks. there was a three day weekend

    @MONDAY COMES AND YOU MISS FORMATION
    @AND YOU MISS IT TUESDAY
    @AND YOU MISS IT WEDNESDAY
    @AND THURSDAY AND FRIDAY

    ~and you are not awol. And no one from the replacement detachment has even come to see where you are or what you are doing or if you need help.

    ~and then you are found dead


    AGAIN...THIS IS HYPOTHETICAL BASED ON MY OWN YEARS OF EXPERIENCE DOING THE OCONUS MOVE

  19. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    153
    Nursebeeme this depresses me just thinking about it......six months to go and we start heading back to the states.

    Just dread the move, but can't wait to get back home!
    Every man...should periodically be compelled to listen to opinions which are infuriating to him. To hear nothing but what is pleasing to one is to make a pillow of the mind.
    - St. John Ervine

  20. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    PCSing from Oconus (permanant change of station) from overseas http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/OCONUS is exhausting and very busy for active duty and their families doing it. Just for a little background for the timeline I have typed up my own personal experiences to understand perhaps, in a small way, what Megan was going through.

    ~4-6 months before moving stations (pcs) we have an idea of where we go next. SUPPOSEDLY MEGAN REQUESTED BRAGG... SEVERAL ALLEGED FRIENDS MENTIONED HER FIANCE' OR BOYFRIEND, OR BABYDADDY BEING STATIONED THERE. THE TIPSTER MENTIONS THE PREGNANCY, PATERNITY, AND THE FACT THAT THE ALLEGED FATHER IS MARRIED

    ~1-2 months before we move we finally get confirmation of where we are going via a RFO (request for orders). We can arrange transportation (movers scheduled to pack you up and move you out) with these in most cases. In other cases you need hard orders. After the RFO the hard copy is there in four weeks or so

    ~in between continuing to work, changing command or responsibility and training incoming person into your current job you are outprocessing post, closing out german phone bills, german internet bills, and cleaning and scrubbing your quarters. This takes weeks of long and hard work. You are also coordinating flights to the states and researching next duty station

    ~the last week before flying is grueling! You try to clear everything before the flight. You have shipped your car already and have to rent a car...and it is EXPENSIVE. If you are lucky you have friends willing to drive you around and take you to the airport...so you don't have to spend 800 euros on a car for the week (about one thousand us dollars). But lots of times friends are deployed or working. You don't get reimbursed for a rental on the other side...it is out of pocket.....but we military know this and are prepared for it

    ~you've turned everything in and paid everything off in Germany...including your cell phone. All you have on the plane are your two checked bags...stuffed full of everything you could possibly need for the next 30 days until your "hold baggage" gets there, and a caryon with important papers, and the rest of what you need for the next few months. ON HER TRIBUTE PAGE MANY OF MEGAN'S FRIENDS DESCRIBE HUGGING HER BEFORE SHE LEFT. SHE HAD MANY FRIENDS AND COWORKERS THAT TRULY CARED ABOUT HER AND WOULD CONTINUE, MOST LIKELY, FRIENDSHIPS AFTER THE PCS TO FORT BRAGG

    ~you get on the plane sometime in the morning...usually btwn 7-11 am. You walk through at least two (sometimes four or more) scanners to pennetrate the international flight area...and almost miss your flight because of it.

    ~you fly 8 hours to 'transportation approved' airport (they only pay to land in certain regions....so Megan may have had to land in Charleston or some other place, and rent a car and drive the remainder of the way). DID SOMEONE PICK HER UP AT THE FINAL DESTINATION OR DID SHE RENT THE CAR THERE AND DRIVE ON TO FORT BRAGG?

    More, continued

    ....so Megan may have had to land in Charleston....

    Doesn't the ex-husband live in Charleston? Could he have given her a ride? (IF that was where she landed of course)

    ETA: Thanks for all your hard work in gathering info and sharing!

  21. #220
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Up on the A1, by Scotch Corner
    Posts
    16,410

    We want those.

    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    hey jaded...thanks for that earlier comment...about soldiers. There are a few bad apples in every bunch...including the military bunch...no doubt about it..... but we are typically a good bunch of folks (although after 17 years of it I tend to be a little biased)
    I have the utmost admiration for those who put their lives on the line to protect and insure the safety of my family. Thank you for your service.
    Μολὼν λαβέ


    "I'll put it this way: I certainly wouldn't want her behind me in a knife fight." -- me

    Email me

  22. #221
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,608
    Tsunami we PCS in 5 weeks. We ship our truck out tomorrow. Thank God we have a hooptie that we can drive around until the day we leave..We live about 2 hours from Bamberg where Megan was stationed. I have friends who are stationed there I should call and see what's being ''said'' on that side. Good luck on your move! I am so excited to be moving back to the USA that I could just SCREAMMMM! (ps I got your email about Guam..very interesting!)




    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Nursebeeme this depresses me just thinking about it......six months to go and we start heading back to the states.

    Just dread the move, but can't wait to get back home!

  23. #222
    Since I would think they would have some fingerprints from the scene if the person is in the military I will be surprised if an arrest is not made very soon. They need to tie up the lose ends, but I think they have a pretty good idea of who the perp is ..if they collected evidence from a home of someone from Fort Bragg.

  24. #223
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,939
    People in Fayetteville take Zodiac note with a grain of salt.

    http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=297982

  25. #224
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    Surely you don't think that the military is above the citizens? In America? You're just kidding around...right?
    Perhaps you've selected the wrong adjective. Just because citizens choose to serve in the military does not make them subservient. Surely, you don't think you are better than people who chose careers in law enforcement, military or as elected officials, do you?


    Main Entry:
    sub·ser·vi·ent Listen to the pronunciation of subservient
    Pronunciation:
    \-ənt\
    Function:
    adjective
    Etymology:
    Latin subservient-, subserviens, present participle of subservire
    Date:
    circa 1626

    1 : useful in an inferior capacity : subordinate 2 : serving to promote some end 3 : obsequiously submissive : truckling
    — sub·ser·vi·ent·ly adverb
    synonyms subservient, servile, slavish, obsequious mean showing or characterized by extreme compliance or abject obedience. subservient implies the cringing manner of one very conscious of a subordinate position <domestic help was expected to be properly subservient>. servile suggests the mean or fawning behavior of a slave <a political boss and his entourage of servile hangers-on>. slavish suggests abject or debased servility <the slavish status of migrant farm workers>. obsequious implies fawning or sycophantic compliance and exaggerated deference of manner <waiters who are obsequious in the presence of celebrities>.

  26. #225
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Up on the A1, by Scotch Corner
    Posts
    16,410

    We want those.

    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    ...Just because citizens choose to serve in the military does not make them subservient. Surely, you don't think you are better than people who chose careers in law enforcement, military or as elected officials, do you? ...
    That is the meaning of the word and that's how I read it. FWIW.
    Μολὼν λαβέ


    "I'll put it this way: I certainly wouldn't want her behind me in a knife fight." -- me

    Email me

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NC - Eastburn murders, Fort Bragg NC, 1985
    By crimson3 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 381
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 04:28 PM
  2. Baby's body found in freezer of motel
    By barb0301 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 12:08 AM
  3. conditions in a barracks at Fort Bragg
    By Linda7NJ in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 09:07 PM
  4. Fort Bragg Soldier Molested 2 yr Old Girl
    By teonspaleprincess in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 08:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •