Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5268227&page=1

6:45 PM today
    "ABC News: Person of Interest in Pregnant Soldier Death
    A soldier has been named a person of interest in the death of pregnant soldier Spc. Megan Touma, a military spokesman said today, the same day a newpaper released an anonymous letter in which the writer claimed responsibility for the young woman's killing. Military spokesman Lt. Col. John Clearwater told The Associated Press the Ft. Bragg soldier is training at a special operations school, and he has not been charged with any crime.... snip... "

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    What and where is the database where the info is coming from? I want to see the ex- husband's info and possible photo. He set off my hinky meter with a few statements.
    Is this accessible to the general public or a military-restricted site?

Thank you!!
    Maria
    I have just begun following this story. She was found in the bathtub, right? and reports said she was,"decomposing." Which likley means she had been dead for at least a couple of days. I know there were no obvious signs of trauma but remember Kathleen Savio? She was found dead in the bathtub as well. It's interesting. I'm following that case also.
    This young woman was sais to be acstatic about the upcoming birth of her baby. I feel like unfortunately this may be anothe rone of those, I don't wnat to be a daddy cases. These are so very sad too. Like Laci's mom said in the trial...Divorce her..don't murder her.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Maria, Hi! AKO is Army Knowledge Online and it is only for army folks. Sorry I cannot link it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    Maria, Hi! AKO is Army Knowledge Online and it is only for army folks. Sorry I cannot link it.
    I understand. I am a database sleuthing freak, and couldn't believe there was one I had missed, LOL. Makes absolute sense with the Homeland Security acts that civies can't access this.
    Thank you so much for explaining.
    Maria
    JUSTICE FOR CLO STONER IN 2015!!! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-March-17-2014
    This is about the murder of my friend, Clo Stoner, R.N. She was shot point blank in the head numerous times- defenseless, in the middle of the day, by her " boyfriend" in 2014- a victim of domestic violence. The shooting was witnessed by a family member of the shooter. There was so much damage to Clo's skull that the number of gunshots could not be counted, only estimated. Please read the details known about her case here on WS, and please pray for justice for the two victims with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlover77 View Post
    I have just begun following this story. She was found in the bathtub, right? and reports said she was,"decomposing." Which likley means she had been dead for at least a couple of days. I know there were no obvious signs of trauma but remember Kathleen Savio? She was found dead in the bathtub as well. It's interesting. I'm following that case also.
    This young woman was sais to be acstatic about the upcoming birth of her baby. I feel like unfortunately this may be anothe rone of those, I don't wnat to be a daddy cases. These are so very sad too. Like Laci's mom said in the trial...Divorce her..don't murder her.
    However this turns out, it's extremely tragic for Megan and her unborn baby. These cases break my heart. There are SO many in NC alone.. including one which touches me especially, the Jennifer ( Jenna) Nielson case. It's never gotten much attention at all.
    While Jenna's murder has elements of a stranger as the perp, none of the others do, including this one. I think we will know more shortly. Once the newpaper and TV station revealed the letter, the police had to step up their processes so the killer doesn't elude them.
    Maria
    JUSTICE FOR CLO STONER IN 2015!!! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-March-17-2014
    This is about the murder of my friend, Clo Stoner, R.N. She was shot point blank in the head numerous times- defenseless, in the middle of the day, by her " boyfriend" in 2014- a victim of domestic violence. The shooting was witnessed by a family member of the shooter. There was so much damage to Clo's skull that the number of gunshots could not be counted, only estimated. Please read the details known about her case here on WS, and please pray for justice for the two victims with me.

Quote Originally Posted by noZme View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5268227&page=1

6:45 PM today
    "ABC News: Person of Interest in Pregnant Soldier Death
    A soldier has been named a person of interest in the death of pregnant soldier Spc. Megan Touma, a military spokesman said today, the same day a newpaper released an anonymous letter in which the writer claimed responsibility for the young woman's killing. Military spokesman Lt. Col. John Clearwater told The Associated Press the Ft. Bragg soldier is training at a special operations school, and he has not been charged with any crime.... snip... "
    I wonder what special operations school? Anyway, the search I did showed a home address for the possible person a very short distance away from the hotel. I won't link it until someone is named.

DA is Department of the Army ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

the fay~observer stated this ~snipped~
    The soldier is a student at the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School, said Lt. Col. John Clearwater, a spokesman for the school. Service members from across the military learn special operations tactics at the school.
    Clearwater said the soldier has not been charged and would not disclose the soldier’s name.

here are some links to that school in general and specifically the engineer school:
    http://www.training.sfahq.com/
    http://www.training.sfahq.com/engineering_school.htm

it is a special op course for engineering SGTs (above link, that is)

anyone who does the Q course and nearly two years of courses and mind~screwing to become special forces could certainly write a crackpot letter like the one sent to the fay~ob in my opinion only.....

the fay~observer stated this ~snipped~
    The soldier is a student at the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School, said Lt. Col. John Clearwater, a spokesman for the school. Service members from across the military learn special operations tactics at the school.
    Clearwater said the soldier has not been charged and would not disclose the soldier’s name.

here are some links to that school in general and specifically the engineer school:
    http://www.training.sfahq.com/
    http://www.training.sfahq.com/engineering_school.htm

it is a special op course for engineering SGTs (above link, that is)
    Those are a couple of strange websites. The first denies all association with 'the U.S.Army or any government agency', and has as its motto 'de opresso libre' -to oppress liberty? My latin is kind of rusty. They say they are based at Fort Bragg, NC.

The second has a nuclear bomb exploding as its graphic.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlover77 View Post
    I have just begun following this story. She was found in the bathtub, right? and reports said she was,"decomposing." Which likely means she had been dead for at least a couple of days. I know there were no obvious signs of trauma but remember Kathleen Savio? She was found dead in the bathtub as well. It's interesting. I'm following that case also.
    This young woman was sais to be acstatic about the upcoming birth of her baby. I feel like unfortunately this may be another rone of those, I don't want to be a daddy cases. These are so very sad too. Like Laci's mom said in the trial...Divorce her..don't murder her.
    But this one left behind much more evidence than just a woman in a bathtub. From the SW 2 sections of drywall were taken in by police because it appeared to have blood like stains on it.

Then if the symbol was made in lipstick on the mirror which was also taken in the SW then I don't understand why after all this time they aren't coming out and stating they think the death was due to foul play.

And no telling what else was found in the room.

That is the strange thing about this case imo.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

truly...it is the special forces school and it is at fort bragg. the second link has a bomb exploding because it is the engineer page...that is one of the things they do.....explode ordinance they confiscate from enemies, defuse landmines and IEDs, etc. Engineers have some of the most dangerous jobs in the army. As for the denial of association with us army and the government...that must be taken out of context. This school is part of the military.

Truth elusive in Pineland
    Special Warfare Center and School
    Saturday, November 9, 2002 12:00AM EST
    Robin Sage incident

By DENNIS ROGERS, Staff Writer

Officials use sympathetic words such as "tragedy" and "misunderstanding" when discussing the killing of Army 1st Lt. Tallas Tomeny near Robbins last February.

They're right. But it is also obvious that, after two investigations into Tomeny's death -- one state, one federal -- there remain more troubling questions than reassuring answers.

The story gets no easier to understand no matter how often it is told. Two Fort Bragg soldiers, Lt. Tomeny and Sgt. Stephen Phelps, were taking part in a 19-day Special Forces training exercise called Robin Sage. The exercise requires students to organize civilian volunteers, which often include cooperative law enforcement officers, to fight against the government of a mock nation called "Pineland."

The war game turned deadly on Feb. 23 when Moore County deputy Randall Butler stopped a pickup driven by civilian volunteer Charles Leiber. Both the newly released Army report, and one completed by the State Bureau of Investigation within 48 hours of the event, agree that Butler was not part of the exercise when he killed Tomeny and wounded Phelps.

What is less clear is what caused the traffic stop to turn deadly. The SBI said that Deputy Butler did not know Tomeny, Phelps and Leiber were taking part in Robin Sage and that he felt his life was in immediate danger from heavily armed men when he opened fire.

The Army admits that much of the problem was caused by its failure to notify all law enforcement that troops would be conducting training maneuvers.

But once the situation developed, the facts become murky. Leiber and Phelps told Army investigators that Butler shot the two soldiers without sufficient provocation. The Army report draws no conclusions and, officially, supports the SBI finding that the event was an accident.

The problem is, the two versions of what happened that bloody afternoon are so diametrically opposed that it is clear somebody, intentionally or not, is not telling the whole truth. Perhaps, because of time and trauma, no one really knows the truth anymore. Perhaps, as in the classic Japanese film "Rashomon," the participants are telling a version of the truth that will make them look good.

It is important for continuing good relations between the civilian and military communities, as well the future of Robin Sage, that the truth -- good or bad -- be told and nagging suspicions and rumors put to rest. Downplaying military-civilian conflict is good, but if mistrust is allowed to take hold among cops or Special Forces, there could be more such tragic misunderstandings.

Or, as some suspect, do the Army and civilian law enforcement already know the truth of what happened, and are they keeping quiet to keep the peace?

Paul Campbell served with Special Forces from 1953 to 1970 before spending 23 years in civilian law enforcement. He is also active in the retired Special Forces community. While he stresses that his is a personal opinion, it is one worth considering.

"Special Forces needs Robin Sage, and it needs rapport with local people to make it work," he said. "When you consider how important the training is, what's a little cover-up?"

The News & Observer

anyone who does the Q course and nearly two years of courses and mind~screwing to become special forces could certainly write a crackpot letter like the one sent to the fay~ob in my opinion only.....
    I also wonder if info on the Zodiac killer wasn't part of the training. To show how perverse an enemy could be or how stealthy?

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast