1281 users online (285 members and 996 guests)  

Websleuths News

Dad gives would-be abductor a beating

A Virginia man caught trying to carry off a sleeping 8-year-old boy from his Keystone bedroom Sunday was beaten by the boy's father with a barbell, two golf clubs and a fireplace poker, deputies said.
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...803349,00.html

If someone tried to carry off my daughter I think I'd kill the guy if I could... never mind beat him.

Way to go Dad!

YOU GO DAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    If someone tried to carry off my daughter I think I'd kill the guy if I could... never mind beat him.

Way to go Dad!
    I've always heard that it is better to kill the intruder. If you injure him, he can sue you for the injuries inflicted and actually win--believe it or not...

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    I've always heard that it is better to kill the intruder. If you injure him, he can sue you for the injuries inflicted and actually win--believe it or not...

If you are defending yourself/your family with a gun, that's the case. However, I would think its getting close to the line when you beat someone to death. Don't get me wrong, I don't think any jury in America would convict someone who beat someone to death if they were trying to carry out your kid - however, I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a prosecutor taking it to trial either.

I'm so happy that THIS case turned out this way!!! Thank God that dad got to this intruder!!!

I had to LOL when the article said he isn't cooperating yet - because he can't talk real well today!! Ha Ha.

IMO this case is kind of funny in that this abductor seems so inept.. He couldn't get the 8 year old without a fight, then gets himself beat up by the father.. It is all kind of funny how it worked out...

If however, he had successfully taken the kid out of the house, who knows what would have happened to the kid.. possibly dead. so I want to see this guy get the full punishment allowed by allow, not a slap on the wrist that he has already had his punishment.. Because he is likely to do this again.. and next time won't have such a humorous ending.

Somewhere in the middle of our wonderful nation!
    I lived in the Denver area for many years and I remember there was a big flap about a "Make my Day" law. It was mainly about killing someone with a gun if they were breaking into your house but if I remember it basically meant that it was justifiable to kill someone who was breaking into your home if you feared harm to you or your family.

I agree with Casshew.

Good for Dad....one for the good guys.......

Jeez, children aren't safe in their on homes.....Polly Klaas taught us that.

Quote Originally Posted by seamless
    I lived in the Denver area for many years and I remember there was a big flap about a "Make my Day" law. It was mainly about killing someone with a gun if they were breaking into your house but if I remember it basically meant that it was justifiable to kill someone who was breaking into your home if you feared harm to you or your family.

I agree with Casshew.

Yes, you absolutely can!! Cops will also tell you that if they guy is halfway in and halfway out to drag his ass back inside! LOL Here in Texas, they'd NEVER find a jury willing to convict this father and, in fact, the prosecutor probably wouldn't have a job if he brought him up on charges.

Good for Dad!!

It's nice to read about good parents on this forum for a change!
    Above is my opinion only