FBI - 345 arrested in child prostitution bust

Autumn2004

Inactive
Reaction score
It breaks my heart to think of all these kids being victimized.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080625/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/child_prostitutes_6

WASHINGTON - Hundreds of people have been arrested and 21 children rescued in what the FBI is calling a five-day roundup of networks of pimps who force children into prostitution

In all, authorities arrested 345 people — including 290 adult prostitutes — during the operation that ended this week. Since 2003, 308 pimps and hookers have been convicted in state and federal courts of forcing youngsters into prostitution, and 433 child victims have been rescued, Mueller said.

The cities targeted in this week's sting are: Atlanta; Boston; Dallas; Detroit; Houston; Las Vegas; Los Angeles; Miami; Montgomery County, Md.; Oakland, Calif.; Phoenix; Reno, Nev.; Sacramento, Calif.; Tampa; Toledo, Ohio and Washington.

It breaks my heart to think of all these kids being victimized.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080625/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/child_prostitutes_6

WASHINGTON - Hundreds of people have been arrested and 21 children rescued in what the FBI is calling a five-day roundup of networks of pimps who force children into prostitution

In all, authorities arrested 345 people — including 290 adult prostitutes — during the operation that ended this week. Since 2003, 308 pimps and hookers have been convicted in state and federal courts of forcing youngsters into prostitution, and 433 child victims have been rescued, Mueller said.

The cities targeted in this week's sting are: Atlanta; Boston; Dallas; Detroit; Houston; Las Vegas; Los Angeles; Miami; Montgomery County, Md.; Oakland, Calif.; Phoenix; Reno, Nev.; Sacramento, Calif.; Tampa; Toledo, Ohio and Washington.

Same here, but sadly this does not shock me:eek:

They said these kids are the "throw away" kids, I am also thinking they are illegally in the US too.

Lots of girls are smuggled into the US from Mexico (and other countries) to work as prostitutes.

I want to know the names of these people and their home addresses.

The throw away part bothered me quite a bit. Everybody is loved by someone. Being illegal in this country shouldn't matter since its an innocent child getting used and abused.

The throw away part bothered me quite a bit. Everybody is loved by someone. Being illegal in this country shouldn't matter since its an innocent child getting used and abused.

Of course it doesn't matter, but the chances of them finding out their real identity and age is pretty low if the kids are illegaly in the US.

Also, if we know these kids are being smuggled in, we can maybe find the coyotes who works for the pedophiles and stop them. Let the Mexican justice system handle them. (SHOT in the head in the desert)

O good someone else foound this, I was just reading it. This is horrific. You know what is so wierd? Today on LMN they replayed that movie "Human Trafficing" now on the same say they replayed that movie this news comes out. That is just too freaky for me.

I'd like to round up all the johns who are abusing these kids. There must be too many perverts to even count or this child abuse ring wouldn't be so rampant.

They said these kids are the "throw away" kids, I am also thinking they are illegally in the US too.

Lots of girls are smuggled into the US from Mexico (and other countries) to work as prostitutes.

I want to know the names of these people and their home addresses.

"thrown away" not "throw away"

First it shocks me, then it sickens me.
I applaud LE for arresting these creeps.
I have to admit, I can't believe this many children are in prostitution~~~~ in the UNITED STATES.
Not Korea or some other country.

One of the 16 cities that were targets of the sweep was Detroit. Sandra Berchtold, the spokeswoman for the bureau’s office there, said investigators in Michigan saw girls as young as 12 forced into the sex trade after being abducted or falsely recruited for what they thought were modeling, dancing or acting jobs.

“Generally we see the leaders of prostitution rings recruiting the individuals,” Ms. Berchtold said. “A lot of times the individuals come from broken homes. At a certain point, they seem to accept their lives. They’ve been out there for years. The subculture brought them in, trained them and made them believe there’s nothing else.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/26/us/26child.html?ref=us

An alleged brothel-on-wheels that authorities said they busted over the weekend gives a whole new meaning to keeping the party moving.

Miami Beach undercover detectives who paid a $40 entry fee and boarded a stretch limousine bus Sunday found women onboard offering oral sex and lap dances for money, authorities said.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ilnq_H_P1YbBEBZbkpzCDRO9DIkQD91HBUM80

The last one was a part of the "Operation Cross Country" but they didn't find any minors in the limo.

Very true if they are illegals it would be highly unlikely they will ever find out their real names and locations. Being a teenager and illegal with no way to support yourself I dont doubt some will be back there in the future.

mysteriew- I have seen some very looking young ones out on the street when we go to detroit to the auto show or taking the people mover to greektown. Im not surprised they are found as young as 12.

There have been rumors and theories about missing kids possibly being used in prostitution rings. A couple of years ago, they actually found one.

They picked up 21 kids this year and say they are thrown away children/illegals/runaways. But 21 is all they picked up. There are many many more living on the street and surviving by prostitution. Many have pimps. They aren't saved by these arrests, they get busted then turned back on the street again.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back