Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police are saying they found items that may or may not be related. I think that is why they have the K-9 teams working in the area as it must be an item of hers. This doesn't sound good at all.

You're right CP. It doesn't sound good.

Any idea how much time elapsed beyween being dropped off (at 9am) and the police receiving information that she was missing?

Praying for your safe return, Brooke.

Any idea how much time elapsed beyween being dropped off (at 9am) and the police receiving information that she was missing?

Praying for your safe return, Brooke.

I had the same thoughts about the timing. The articles don't say but for some reason I think it was quickly. LE had closed roads and set up a command center by the afternoon so something led to the urgency. I read that a pressor is set for 4 so maybe someone with TV can report back as to what was said.

The presser should start about now and I'm not seeing a link to it.

http://www.wptz.com/news/16716971/d...l=pla_12pm&tmi=pla_12pm_1_10550306262008&ts=H

Updated news link at WPTZ, not much new reported. I am praying that they find this beautiful little girl soon!

Thanks for the link! I'm sure we'll find out that the girl from Myspace is actually a 48 year old sex offender and a career criminal.

(snips)
Police learned Thursday afternoon that the girl may have made up the story about meeting her friend at the Randolp convenience store. Investigators are concentrating on someone Bennett met online via the Web site Myspace.com.

According to police, an item that belonged to Bennett was found along Route 65 in Brookfield, but they would not say what the item was. Police also have surveillance video of the girl from the Randolph store.

Police have no suspects at this time and haven't identified the girl she met on myspace.com. A dive team is scheduled to search a nearby lake Friday and forensic experts are checking Bennett's computer for evidence, police said.

Thanks for the link! I'm sure we'll find out that the girl from Myspace is actually a 48 year old sex offender and a career criminal.

(snips)
Police learned Thursday afternoon that the girl may have made up the story about meeting her friend at the Randolp convenience store. Investigators are concentrating on someone Bennett met online via the Web site Myspace.com.

According to police, an item that belonged to Bennett was found along Route 65 in Brookfield, but they would not say what the item was. Police also have surveillance video of the girl from the Randolph store.

Police have no suspects at this time and haven't identified the girl she met on myspace.com. A dive team is scheduled to search a nearby lake Friday and forensic experts are checking Bennett's computer for evidence, police said.
Oh, no! The fact that they hadn't released the name of the girl she was supposed to meet made me wonder. So how is it she was reported missing if there was never a "friend" who was taking her to the hospital? Did the father get suspicious when she didn't come home at a certain time? If one of my kids said they needed to be dropped off somewhere to meet someone, I would stay till that person arrived. That's just me, but maybe the dad tried to reach Brooke to make sure her ride came and never got a response back (?)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,372224,00.html

(snips)
Surveillance camera footage from the Cumberland Farms store showed Brooke being dropped off by her uncle and cousin, who drove off, according to Covell.
The footage showed Brooke walking away from the store by herself, he said. That was the last time she was seen.
A family member searching for her Thursday in Brookfield — near her uncle's home, where she spent the night — found items belonging to her near Route 65 that were similar to what she had been wearing, prompting an intensive search by police and dogs in the area of the Floating Bridge.

Police have not identified the person she was communicating with, but Vermont State Police computer experts were analyzing the computer in a bid to learn more, authorities said. Police said they don't know if it was a woman or a man.

ETA: Nevermind! I see now that Cumberland Farms is a store not a city.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,372224,00.html

(snips)
Surveillance camera footage from the Cumberland Farms store showed Brooke being dropped off by her uncle and cousin, who drove off, according to Covell.
The footage showed Brooke walking away from the store by herself, he said. That was the last time she was seen.
A family member searching for her Thursday in Brookfield — near her uncle's home, where she spent the night — found items belonging to her near Route 65 that were similar to what she had been wearing, prompting an intensive search by police and dogs in the area of the Floating Bridge.

Police have not identified the person she was communicating with, but Vermont State Police computer experts were analyzing the computer in a bid to learn more, authorities said. Police said they don't know if it was a woman or a man.

ETA: Nevermind! I see now that Cumberland Farms is a store not a city.
Thanks, SuziQ! So it was the Uncle...so how did anyone know she was missing?
Pehaps it's not important....just trying to fill in the blanks.

Trying to make sense here. The attached map shows that Randolph where the store was located and Brooke last seen walking away is almost 11 miles and 21 minutes from Brookefield where her clothes were found on highway 65. Did her friend not show up and she tried to hitch hike home? I think though, that she would have called someone. Did she run away and leave the clothes as a cruel joke? Whatever happened required a car. It's not walking distance.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=....044106,-72.612333&spn=0.167564,0.300751&z=12

Trying to make sense here. The attached map shows that Randolph where the store was located and Brooke last seen walking away is almost 11 miles and 21 minutes from Brookefield where her clothes were found on highway 65. Did her friend not show up and she tried to hitch hike home? I think though, that she would have called someone. Did she run away and leave the clothes as a cruel joke? Whatever happened required a car. It's not walking distance.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=....044106,-72.612333&spn=0.167564,0.300751&z=12
Odd that it was back in the direction of Brookfield...where it all began...that the items were found. Why would she be asked to be dropped off 11 miles away and then return...did the Uncle pick her back up?

RR, it is weird isn't it?

Busylady, good find on the Myspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members