GUILTY VT - Brooke Bennett, 12, Randolph, 25 June 2008

murraydwyer

Reaction score
Right now her picture is at the second news story on WMUR's main page:

http://www.wmur.com/index.html

RANDOLPH, Vt. -- Vermont state police are investigating the disappearance of a 12-year-old girl who vanished after being dropped off at a Cumberland Farms in Randolph on Wednesday morning.

Brooke Bennett, of Braintree, Vt., was dropped off by a family member at the store at about 9 a.m. for a pre-arranged meeting with a friend, police said.

More at

Bennett was last seen wearing blue jeans, a pink sweater and white sneakers with pink lettering.

If anyone has seen Bennett or has any information pertaining to her disappearance, call Vermont state police at 802-243-9933.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,372224,00.html

RANDOLPH, Vt. — Vermont State Police are searching for a 12-year-old Braintree girl missing since she was dropped off at a Randolph convenience store Wednesday to meet a friend.

Police say Brooke Bennett was supposed to accompany the friend to visit a patient at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H.

But police say Brooke never arrived at the hospital and has not been seen since being dropped off.

In the link above it mentions that she was supposed to be meeting a friend. I wonder if the friend ever saw her.

I just came home to this news. Her picture reminds me eerily of Polly Klaas. Anyone else? Has there been a presser yet?

Nothing new on the 6pm news.
It was said that they are going to search a body of water due to clothing found in that area that match what Brooke was wearing.

Thank-you for the thread my dearest Murraydwyer.:blowkiss:
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I saw this come over the TV for a special report at 430pm this afternoon. Its been all over the radio, all over the tv.

Police Issue Amber Alert for Missing Child

8558608_BG1.jpg

8558608_BG2.jpg

Brookfield, Vermont - June 25, 2008
Vermont State Police have issued an Amber Alert for a missing Braintree girl.
12-year-old Brooke Bennett was last seen Wednesday morning in Randolph.
"Obviously I'm upset. You just want her home. We want her back," Brooke's father, James Bennett, said tearfully.
James Bennett sat with his wife, Janet, as they tried their best to be strong. Pictures of Brooke are scattered throughout the home. Brooke lives with her mom in Braintree. The 12-year-old celebrates her birthday next month and her dad says she is already a typical teen.
"Of course, she is becoming a teen so she is interested in spending time with friends and doing sports. You know we are all for that. But we are not all for this," said James Bennett.
Brooke was last seen on surveillance video walking away from the Cumberland Farms in Randolph Wednesday morning. Police say she convinced her uncle to drop her off at the store so she could get a ride to visit a sick friend. But police say she really went there to meet a person she had been communicating with online through the popular social networking site MySpace.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8558608

NCMC1099135c1.jpg

BROOKE BENNETTCase Type: Lost, Injured, Missing DOB: Jul 12, 1995Sex: FemaleMissing Date: Jun 25, 2008Race: WhiteAge Now: 12Height: 5'3" (160 cm)Missing City: RANDOLPHWeight: 98 lbs (44 kg)Missing State : VTHair Color: BrownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: BlueCase Number: NCMC1099135Circumstances: Both photos shown are of Brooke. She was last seen on June 25, 2008. Brooke was last seen wearing a pink sweater, blue jeans, and white sneakers with pink lettering. She may travel north to the Royalton, Vermont area or she may travel out of state.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Endangered Missing BROOKE BENNETT
DOB: Jul 12, 1995
Missing: Jun 25, 2008
Age Now: 12
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'3" (160 cm)
Weight: 98 lbs (44 kg)
Missing From:
RANDOLPH
VT
United States

NCMC1099135x1.jpg

Both photos shown are of Brooke. She was last seen on June 25, 2008. Brooke was last seen wearing a pink sweater, blue jeans, and white sneakers with pink lettering. She may travel north to the Royalton, Vermont area or she may travel out of state.
NCMC_en_US.gif
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
Vermont State Police (Vermont) 1-802-234-9933

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1099135&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

brooke_lg.jpg

Vermont Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Brooke Bennett

The Vermont State Police and New England K-9 teams have launched an all-out search for missing 12-year-old Vermont girl Brooke Bennett. She has been missing since the morning of Wednesday, June 25, 2008.

All-Out Search For Missing Vermont Child Brook Bennett
Vermont State Police say 12-year-old Brook Bennett was supposed to meet a friend at a Randolph, Vt. convenience store, and then go with a friend to visit a patient at the hospital.
But after missing girl Brooke Bennett was dropped off at the store, she never made it to the hospital and hasn't been seen since.
Now, police are searching by air and ground, looking for clues in the girl's disappearance.
Stay with AMW.com for the latest on this investigation.

more at http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=56901

On Friday, Vermont State Police divers will begin searching Sunset Lake, which is close to the place where the girl's belongings were found. On Thursday, a New England K-9 Search and Rescue dog walked a floating bridge that spans it, under the guidance of handler Nancy Lyons.

Police cordoned off the road that leads to the west side of the lake, and search dogs looked in that vicinity, too, to no avail.

"The floating bridge is a common place for teens to hang out," said Orange County Sheriff Bill Bohnyak. "It's very common for local kids from Randolph, Braintree, Brookfield, Chelsea to come over to the floating bridge."

http://www.sunjournal.com/story/272020-3/NewEnglandNews/Police_search_for_missing_12yearold_girl/

There was just an interview on Fox News with Brooke's dad....the trip to Texas was supposed to be next week to visit relatives...it was something everyone knew about and was planned and had no apparent connection to what has happened to Brooke now.

I hope we hear more from the uncle that she convinced to drop her off. I don't get how a 12 yr old is dropped off somewhere to go visit a friend in a hospital that is 135 miles away (Lebanon, NH).

ETA: I deleted my other comments here as I was in the wrong forum! Sorry.

I'm thinking about this child and hope she is found safe. She's still so young.

I hope we hear more from the uncle that she convinced to drop her off. I don't get how a 12 yr old is dropped off somewhere to go visit a friend in a hospital that is 135 miles away (Lebanon, NH).

ETA: I deleted my other comments here as I was in the wrong forum! Sorry.

Lebanon NH???!!! Ok, that makes less sense than the myspace meetup. Who in their right mind would think that would be ok for a 12 year old girl?

I Googled Randolph, VT to Lebanon, NH and it comes up at between 38 and 39 miles away. That's not so far.

The problem seems to be that Route 65 in the Brookfield, VT area is about 10 or 11 miles in the exact wrong direction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back