1318 users online (174 members and 1144 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 132
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021

    Romanian Church Wants Pregnant 11-year-old Rape Victim to Give Birth

    Romanian church groups oppose abortion for 11-year-old pregnant rape victim

    By ALISON MUTLER
    Associated Press Writer
    Published on: 06/26/08
    BUCHAREST, Romania — Twenty church groups on Thursday urged a government committee not to allow an 11-year-old girl who was raped by her uncle go to Britain for an abortion.

    The anti-abortion Christian Orthodox groups also threatened to press charges if the girl were allowed to have a termination in Romania on exceptional grounds.

    http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...ant_Child.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,537
    I sincerely hope the gov't committee stays out of her life.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    I sincerely hope the gov't committee stays out of her life.
    Just one more reason I'm glad I live here.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    Just one more reason I'm glad I live here.
    Ditto!How dare the government get in the way of deciding what is best for the child.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by deanws View Post
    Ditto!How dare the government get in the way of deciding what is best for the child.
    Government and Church. Double trouble.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,468
    I think they should at least castrate the sick SOB who did this to her or is that illegal too?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,537
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    Government and Church. Double trouble.

    If you belong to the church it is the churches duty to try to have you follow Gods law. It is never the gov't duty to make you follow Church law.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    Why would any church want an 11 year old RAPE victim to give birth? That is flippin crazy.
    The little girl has experienced the trauma and brutally of being raped. So these jackazzes believe she should experience birth??? At 11 years of age?!?!?!
    @#$^*(*^%

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Why would any church want an 11 year old RAPE victim to give birth? :bandhead: That is flippin crazy.
    The little girl has experienced the trauma and brutally of being raped. So these jackazzes believe she should experience birth??? At 11 years of age?!?!?!
    @#$^*(*^%
    Truly - it boggles the mind.

  10. #10
    Poor baby, both of them. I cant imagine giving birth at 11. I hope she has good medical care and doesnt get a fistula from it.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,537
    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Why would any church want an 11 year old RAPE victim to give birth? That is flippin crazy.
    The little girl has experienced the trauma and brutally of being raped. So these jackazzes believe she should experience birth??? At 11 years of age?!?!?!
    @#$^*(*^%
    Because life is life. Why do you assume the act of childbirth is more traumatic than abortion - the killing of the life within?
    Yeah, life is hard. But being the victim of the crime of rape is not eareased by an abortaion.
    If she were not religious this would not be an issue, your morals don't aply!!. Being a believer in Chirst means bringing that life to fuition, not killing it. That is the Churches view. God loves life in all its stages!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    Because life is life. Why do you assume the act of childbirth is more traumatic than abortion - the killing of the life within?
    Did you read my entire post?

    An 11 year old doesn't need to have a baby!
    An 11 year old girl's body isn't physically ready to have a baby.
    For gawds sake most 11 year olds haven't had a period yet.
    Surgery----She can be put to sleep for the surgery.

    You really need to think about what you posted.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,537
    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Why would any church want an 11 year old RAPE victim to give birth? That is flippin crazy.
    The little girl has experienced the trauma and brutally of being raped. So these jackazzes believe she should experience birth??? At 11 years of age?!?!?!
    @#$^*(*^%
    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Did you read my entire post?
    Yes I did. And your point???

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,118
    I'm a Catholic & I'm normally against abortion, but this is one of those scenarios where I am torn. If she DOES give birth, they need to put her to sleep and deliver the baby by c-section...by NO means should she have to go through labor and a vaginal delivery, she is a mere baby herself.

    This is one of those cases where I almost think this pregnancy should be stopped. What if she dies from trying to give birth to this baby? What then? She was RAPED....she wasn't having consentual sex.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,537
    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Did you read my entire post?

    An 11 year old doesn't need to have a baby!
    An 11 year old girl's body isn't physically ready to have a baby.
    For gawds sake most 11 year olds haven't had a period yet.
    Surgery----She can be put to sleep for the surgery.

    You really need to think about what you posted.
    I can easily claim the same..

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 03:26 PM
  2. Mexico - 10-Year-Old Survives Life Threatening Complications To Give Birth
    By WillenFan21 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 02:30 PM
  3. GUILTY ID - Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez for raping, impregnating 9yo girl, Rexburg, 2008
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 04:18 PM
  4. Church to give away house on New Year's Eve
    By mysteriew in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 12:54 AM