Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Was There a Dog?

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by k4kathy View Post
    Very good points,MS.
    Ruflossin,you might resent me for this,but I have a feeling someone has lied through their teeth to you,and taken advantage of your goodheartedness.Sorry,just calling how I see it.
    Hi k4kathy~
    I do not resent your opinion at all. And no need to apologize. How could I resent someone who sees me as having good heartedness?

Flossie

I have a poodle and if someone shot a gun around her she would run straight home no matter where she was.
    The only reason she would not is if the person that made the scary loud noise was there.
    Then if she was made to be around that person she would tremble/shake.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sheza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sheza View Post
    I have a poodle and if someone shot a gun around her she would run straight home no matter where she was.
    The only reason she would not is if the person that made the scary loud noise was there.
    Then if she was made to be around that person she would tremble/shake.
    This is a very insightful observation on dog behavior, sheza. I have 2 'grandogs' (large mixed breeds) ,who I helped raise while my kids lived at home, in additon to my 2 chihuahua mixes. After my daughter moved out, her apt. was burglarized and trashed by her ex boyfriend while she and her roommates were working and her dog was home alone during the break-in. Poor fellow is still traumatized although it has been several years since the incident. He displays nervous yet aggressive behaviour to this day when a male of short stature is present. He's a handsome lab/border collie mix.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Then if she was made to be around that person she would tremble/shake
    Sheza
    I NEVER even thought of it that way. But you're right. Being a dog person I totally understand what you are saying. So maybe the little chihuahua KNEW the shooter(s) ! Which brings me to think.... Hmmmm ....

I am now wondering if that could be why it was removed from the house and "relocated" to the farmers place?? I really really hope not.

WM, would you mind posting the info you found re: the person that talks to dogs? that'd be great if we could have her talk to the dog. It may be the break in the case?!?!
    Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 03-19-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Here is the info from re: psychic. This was posted by USARDOG back on page 20 of the Psychic thread;

Beatrice Lydecker talks to dogs. If the dog was there with the girls, he/she saw the killing and Beatrice might be able to get a description from the dog. She does readings over the phone... I have met her and was very impressed with what she is able to do.

Bea@BeaLydecker.com <Bea@BeaLydecker.com>

Me talking here: I think it's worth a shot to have this person "talk" to Taylors dog. One of our members (USARDOG) has met this person and speaks highly of them. That's good enough for me. Now if it comes down to $$ I will gladly pay Bea for her time. It's the least I can do for the girls.
    RUF can you arrange this since you know how to locate the chihuahua? This may be the break we have all been waiting for.

Thank you WM for finding this information! You rock!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ArizonaGiGi For This Useful Post:

'Yes,' said Father Brown, 'I always like a dog, so long as he isn't spelt backwards.'
    (...)
    'The dog could almost have told you the story, if he could talk,' said the priest. 'All I complain of is that because he couldn't talk you made up his story for him, and made him talk with the tongues of men and angels. It's part of something I've noticed more and more in the modern world, appearing in all sorts of newspaper rumours and conversational catchwords; something that's arbitrary without being authoritative. People readily swallow the untested claims of this, that, or the other. It's drowning all your old rationalism and scepticism, it's coming in like a sea; and the name of it is superstition.'

G.K. Chesterton, "The Oracle of the Dog" (1923)

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    This is a very insightful observation on dog behavior, sheza. I have 2 'grandogs' (large mixed breeds) ,who I helped raise while my kids lived at home, in additon to my 2 chihuahua mixes. After my daughter moved out, her apt. was burglarized and trashed by her ex boyfriend while she and her roommates were working and her dog was home alone during the break-in. Poor fellow is still traumatized although it has been several years since the incident. He displays nervous yet aggressive behaviour to this day when a male of short stature is present. He's a handsome lab/border collie mix.
    I do believe Taylor's dog would have showed some different behaviors if payed close attention to.... clues!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sheza For This Useful Post:

I wish investigators would pay closer attention to the pets of victims of crime.
    Especially house pets.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sheza For This Useful Post:

I wish investigators would pay closer attention to the pets of victims of crime.
    Especially house pets.
    I agree sheza. Your post reminded me of Nicole Brown Simpson's dog which was heard barking by neighbors the night she and Ron Goldman were murdered. If the neighbors had only investigated why........

15. The Following User Says Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    I agree sheza. Your post reminded me of Nicole Brown Simpson's dog which was heard barking by neighbors the night she and Ron Goldman were murdered. If the neighbors had only investigated why........
    killed by a family member

I still think we're barking up the wrong tree (sorry) with the dog thing, but do want to interject that the dog in the Simpson case was famously described by a passerby that infamous night, at the trial, as having made A PLAINTIVE WAIL, which is a phrase which will stick in the language for some time to come.

I referenced the Chesterton quote (above) because, at the time I found this thread, I was reading that very story, and thus couldn't resist. If you all like mystery detective things, he's a very good read---Chesterton was English, and a Roman Catholic, and his Father Brown series thus is a bit theological for some tastes, but he's a great writer and the rewards of reading him are many. (Or try his novel "The Man Who Was Thursday," which is in my all-time Top Five. Alarmingly good, that one.)

I just find it so freaking sad, disgusting, a lot of emotions come to mind that its been almost a year and it appears (to me anyway) that LE has no clue. I check in every now and then....was the dog moved to another home??? If so...that's telling, to me.
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SailorMoon For This Useful Post:

When I'm not being snooty and advertising myself by issuing forth with Chesterton quotes and pretending I'm above the fray, SailorMoon, I do occasionally take time to read things more closely than I did, perhaps, on first read, and I think your logic in that is impeccable: it could in fact be very telling, as a human decision and not as a matter of the dog "telling" us something him- or herself, but as a matter of the owners indirectly doing so. I see what you mean, and a very good point it is. Because I, too, "find it so freaking sad, disgusting, a lot of emotions come to mind" that this case is languishing and all but about to disappear. And a detail like that, about the dog, could be very close to home indeed. I apologize for not thinking beyond my first impulse.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGiGi View Post
    Sheza
    I NEVER even thought of it that way. But you're right.
    Being a dog person I totally understand what you are saying.

So maybe the little chihuahua KNEW the shooter(s) ! Which brings me to think.... Hmmmm ....

I am now wondering if that could be why it was removed from the house and "relocated" to the farmers place?? I really really hope not.
    ArizonaGiGi,
    Animals are more intelligent than some people would think...
    Yes, I believe the little Chihuahua saw who murdered the girls and remembered that traumatizing event that day.

The girls was 'supposely' less than 300 feet from the P. house when shot 13 times, and the little Chihuahua did not run to the P. yard or T.'s playhouse for safety, or to hide, instead running in the direction of the bridge..

I always felt that had some meaning behind it.

Now someone in the P. family gets rid of T.'s tiny dog...this comes across to me as being very cold and unattached...who's ideal was that?..Hmmmm!!

I have never heard of anything like this being done when a loved one dies...

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mysterylover For This Useful Post:

I'm closing this thread, too much unverified and troubling "hearsay".

If you want to post 'RUMORS' do so in the Parking Lot where said thread is located.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123