960 users online (143 members and 817 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,721

    Calander Priests

    Sexy priests calander.


    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=588020.

    A calendar featuring Rome's sexiest priests has hit Australia, causing some of the local clergy to get a little hot under the collar.
    The Calendario Romano, produced by Italian historian Piero Pazzi, features 12 dark and brooding young priests swathed in their religious robes.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,368
    I don't understand the hubbub... they are very nice looking men but the pics are not X or R rated in any way, shape or form! They are very digified pictures of these priests!

    Calendar or no calendar... women are looking at these fine looking priests! If the "higher ups" honestly don't think the women look admiring them now, then they'd better open they eyes a little wider!

    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,119
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    I don't understand the hubbub... they are very nice looking men but the pics are not X or R rated in any way, shape or form! They are very digified pictures of these priests!

    Calendar or no calendar... women are looking at these fine looking priests! If the "higher ups" honestly don't think the women look admiring them now, then they'd better open they eyes a little wider!
    Amen. Nothing wrong with looking as long as the women and the priests always remember that the priests are men of God (although I think priests should be allowed to marry...) God doesn't just call the homely to His service.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,910
    They're creeping me out.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,384
    Yeah, me too Jeana....wierd. I don't understand the purpose. I wouldn't have bought one.....over 70,000 sold last year


    Last year's edition sold 70,000 copies worldwide and mostly to non-Catholics, which suggests the buyers' motivations are not entirely spiritual.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh View Post
    Amen. Nothing wrong with looking as long as the women and the priests always remember that the priests are men of God (although I think priests should be allowed to marry...) God doesn't just call the homely to His service.
    I agree...

    but, I do think it's odd to have a bunch of preists in a pin up calander...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Mateo Co, CA
    Posts
    1,511
    Boy we never had priests that looked even remotely like that. They were all at least 150 years old. I might have paid a bit more attention in mass had our priests looked like them! Might even have stayed with the church!
    This too shall pass

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306
    I am Catholic, sorta.
    And I remember being told by the nuns that VANITY is a sin...
    hmmmm....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,362
    I'm not the bible thumping type of person, and certainly not immune to my own dark side~ but I don't understand why someone who pledges to be celebate for a Godly reason would think it was okay to "flirt with the devil" in such a way. I guess if I were a very devout person, I'd be pretty offended. As it is, I'm just thinking the priests are not acting very priestly.

    I am not offended. I am confused.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LSU LSU LSU !!!
    Posts
    195
    In the 60's, we Catholic schoolgirls used to call priests like that "Father-what-a-waste."


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814
    As a Catholic I am uncomfortable with the whole "pin up" aspect of it and dont really think its right

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,721
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    I'm not the bible thumping type of person, and certainly not immune to my own dark side~ but I don't understand why someone who pledges to be celebate for a Godly reason would think it was okay to "flirt with the devil" in such a way. I guess if I were a very devout person, I'd be pretty offended. As it is, I'm just thinking the priests are not acting very priestly.

    I am not offended. I am confused.
    Thats how I feel.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,500
    I'm Catholic and I just have to say there is nothing the Catholics do nowdays neither surprises or confuses me!!! I love that "Father-what-a-waste"!!!
    I have 2 cousins...one just left the convent, the other the seminary. They both commented on how the Catholic religion isn't what you think!! I believe them!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    They're creeping me out.
    Me too, for specific reasons. IMO, those who either volunteer or are paid for their image to be put on a calendar which is designated as a compilation of attractive people are advertising their looks.
    Since priests are supposed to be celibate men, with no sexuality generated or reciprocated to or from either men or women, what message are they sending? "Look at me, I'm handsome, sexy".

    Also, the teachings of Jesus is to do good works without publicity.
    Maria


    "Acquiring a pet may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative".

    This is MY truth, and this is my new baby puppy, Beau Monde.
    He will be joined in July by a tiny playmate.
    Please spay and neuter your dogs and cats.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    Me too, for specific reasons. IMO, those who either volunteer or are paid for their image to be put on a calendar which is designated as a compilation of attractive people are advertising their looks.
    Since priests are supposed to be celibate men, with no sexuality generated or reciprocated to or from either men or women, what message are they sending? "Look at me, I'm handsome, sexy".

    Also, the teachings of Jesus is to do good works without publicity.
    Maria
    I agree with this post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Dancing Priests!
    By Blondie in Spokane in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2014, 10:02 AM
  2. Two Pedophile Priests Around Children
    By Filly in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 02:25 PM
  3. calander not working
    By smile22 in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 10:15 PM
  4. AK - Pedophile Priests were sent to Alaska, some say.
    By Casshew in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 02:27 AM
  5. Survey: 4,450 priests accused of sex abuse
    By Casshew in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 12:36 AM