Stunning pictures of £8m art waterfalls that are making a splash in Manhattan

Sorry, i'm not struck by this. just looks like i water falling over scaffolding to me. a lot of money. i suppose i'd need to be there to appreciate it.

I wasnt that impressed with them either....I just copied the headline from the news report lol

It won't last a few thousand years like pottery or sculpture, that's for certain.

I'm going to go check this out next weekend. I will take some pics and let you guys and gals now if it is better in person than in pictures. i admit the pics do not look very exciting but neither did The Gates exhibit at Central Park and that was pretty impressive when you were in it.

The article states the "falls" are expected to bring in tourists. I wouldn't drive over to see it EVEN IF I LIVED THERE...much less make a trip to see it. It looks like a stupid was of money to me. :confused:

Quite a few of my photog friends have reported that it isn't impressive at all... with a good wind it looks like nothing more than misty scaffolding... and with no wind it looks like what it is: scaffolding and water. Night time is when to photograph it... the water is lit up with colored lights and if you do a long exposure, the water flow hides the metal.

I'm going to go check this out next weekend. I will take some pics and let you guys and gals now if it is better in person than in pictures. i admit the pics do not look very exciting but neither did The Gates exhibit at Central Park and that was pretty impressive when you were in it.
:clap::clap::clap:

i very much look forward to your return and report! :)

Quite a few of my photog friends have reported that it isn't impressive at all... with a good wind it looks like nothing more than misty scaffolding... and with no wind it looks like what it is: scaffolding and water. Night time is when to photograph it... the water is lit up with colored lights and if you do a long exposure, the water flow hides the metal.

Yeah, the night shots were the only ones that looked pretty!

Yup, the night shot is pretty, but the others:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I heard about these a while back. They were going to be amazing. I'm not impressed.

The artwork is supposed to generate 30 million in tourism?:waitasec:
Too bad 30 million couldn't be donated to the needy in the US.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back