GUILTY NC - Dr. James Boyd, 47, found strangled, Salisbury, 26 June 2008

vibec

Reaction score
A 23 year old girl was just arrested. A reporter on the news said that more arrests are expected next week, and that the 23 year old was an "acquaintance". A police spokesman said that they weren't going to elaborate on the womans relationship with the dentist because he has young children. This intrigues me, I wonder what other arrests are coming, and what exactly happened! (One more thing, although the newspaper article states that they are unsure of how he died, the news is reporting that he was strangled.)

http://www.charlotte.com/209/story/688611.html

From the article:

A co-worker discovered the body after coming to the house to determine why Boyd had not come to work.
Police said Drye was "an acquaintance" of Boyd's, but they have not said what the motive might have been.
And police aren't sure exactly how Boyd died. They said there were no gunshot or stab wounds. Boyd's body is undergoing an autopsy today at the medical examiner's office in Charlotte.

Drug overdose? Young girl, his fling? Maybe, she took some jewelry or money from his wallet when he was passed out.

A reporter on one of the local Charlotte television stations said that the doctor's feet and hands were bound. He was choked to death. The girl's mother had told the reporter that Dr. Boyd had been calling her daughter for the past six months. They showed the 23-year-old young woman in court asking if she could get out on bail because she wanted to see her three children. I think they told her she couldn't get bail. She had bruises all over her arms. The dentist's wife, who is also a dentist, told police that several items were missing. The police would not say too much about the situation because of the dentist's children.

This is very sad and didnt have to happen, her family new she was addicted she needed help!!!! :mad: Now a man is dead and his children will not have their Daddy.

What a strange story. It seems like she and the dentist had some kind of sick relationship. His poor family. I'll be waiting to see what other arrests are coming.

From the sounds of things, the dentist was trading pain killer prescriptions for sex from this girl. Something went awry. I wonder if her boyfriend murdered him when he found out they were having sex.

It's weird that the dentist called her stepfather asking that she be picked up because she was drunk. He refused. Then, the boyfriend's mother called to get directions to the dentist's home...Ding, ding, ding...boyfriend may have been there and went to the house instead...

In any case, the dentist should never have been involved with this 23-year-old drug-addicted girl who had three kids and a boyfriend...

From the sounds of things, the dentist was trading pain killer prescriptions for sex from this girl. Something went awry. I wonder if her boyfriend murdered him when he found out they were having sex.

It's weird that the dentist called her stepfather asking that she be picked up because she was drunk. He refused. Then, the boyfriend's mother called to get directions to the dentist's home...Ding, ding, ding...boyfriend may have been there and went to the house instead...

In any case, the dentist should never have been involved with this 23-year-old drug-addicted girl who had three kids and a boyfriend...

Unfortunately, some men, no matter how much education, let the lower part of the body make decisions rather than their brain.

I hate to sound callous, but Dr. Boyd sounds like he exposed not only himself but his entire family to danger. You'd have to be a pinhead not to see the writing on the wall. He comes home early from a family vacation, skips a monthly gathering, yet has time to have drinks with a drug addicted female for whom he is writing painkiller prescriptions. What's up with that?

Now, they have arrested some others. Just think about it. The family is lucky that they weren't there for a home invasion, which included rape, robbery and murder. I hate to say it, but when you are dealing with young thugs and drug addicts and letting them into your home, you are inviting trouble.

I know that Dr. Boyd didn't deserve to be murdered. However, did his family deserve to be exposed to the fallout of his secret life?

Another murder in NC? It seems like it is increasingly getting dangerous there.

I agree, Trino. Men aren't thinking about the danger they could be putting their families in when they carry on such affairs.

Here's another link. http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-062708-mw-dentistmurder.46c219ca.html

Her father is not doing her any favors by saying that, 'she may have gone there to rob him, but someone else murdered him.' It doesn't matter if she didn't commit the murder. If she were involved in a plot to rob him, she will also be charged with murder. The plot thickens. Maybe, she did call him and ask for a prescription. Perhaps, she went over there to pick it up, and she was already drunk. Maybe, her buddies were outside. When she or he opened the door for her to leave, they forced their way in. I bet that you didn't expect him to be murdered, just robbed. How sad...

Maybe the boyfriend found out the dentist raped her and went there later and killed him. I wonder what his story is for that evening??:waitasec:

Maybe the boyfriend found out the dentist raped her and went there later and killed him. I wonder what his story is for that evening??:waitasec:

I'm tending to lean toward this idea, or something similar.

I think he probably did rape her & I think when she was found walking, he was still alive & had nothing to do with his murder. I think his death was revenge on her behalf & she didn't know it had happened until she was arrested for it. JMO & I could be wrong.

I don't know what happened; however, I think that the boyfriend would have already been arrested if he were involved. I am wondering if it the doctor was being set up for robbery. She calls him and asks if he will write a prescription because her tooth/jaw is aching really bad. She gets a ride over to his house from two nitwit teenagers, one of which has already been arrested. She was drunk when she got there. The dentist actually called her parents to tell them to pick her up. I'm sure that she said that she didn't have a ride home. Anyway, when she went to leave, she left the door open for her nitwit friends who entered the house and tied him up. Either he recognized them or something went wrong to make them kill him. I am banking on him saying one of the guy's names...like, "John, why are you doing this?" Then, "John" had to kill him because he could identify him.

At first, I thought that the dentist was fooling around with the girl. I'm not so sure now. The dentist was a nice looking guy with an attractive wife. He may have just fell for her "in pain" act and written her a prescription....Don't know, though...This is a controlled substance. So, I think that the pharmacy would actually need a written prescription. He couldn't call it in.

The stepfather said that there was something unprofessional going on and that the dentist has called their house at 1 a.m. before. Well, what if this girl had paged him because she had an emergency and he was returning the call.

The more I think about it, the more I want to give this dentist a break until we hear what really happened.

Am I being naive??

I think the dentist had a little side business going writing scripts he shoudn't have for people. I also think he was probably trading sex for the drug scripts with this young lady. It is possible that someone else came there later that evening to get their scripts and decided to rob him..or her boyfriend could have come back and done the same. It will be interesting how this plays out. But IF the dentist was playing with fire..well we all know when you do that you may get burnt.

He surely didn't deserve to die..nor should of he put his family at such risk.

I don't know what happened; however, I think that the boyfriend would have already been arrested if he were involved. I am wondering if it the doctor was being set up for robbery. She calls him and asks if he will write a prescription because her tooth/jaw is aching really bad. She gets a ride over to his house from two nitwit teenagers, one of which has already been arrested. She was drunk when she got there. The dentist actually called her parents to tell them to pick her up. I'm sure that she said that she didn't have a ride home. Anyway, when she went to leave, she left the door open for her nitwit friends who entered the house and tied him up. Either he recognized them or something went wrong to make them kill him. I am banking on him saying one of the guy's names...like, "John, why are you doing this?" Then, "John" had to kill him because he could identify him.

At first, I thought that the dentist was fooling around with the girl. I'm not so sure now. The dentist was a nice looking guy with an attractive wife. He may have just fell for her "in pain" act and written her a prescription....Don't know, though...This is a controlled substance. So, I think that the pharmacy would actually need a written prescription. He couldn't call it in.

The stepfather said that there was something unprofessional going on and that the dentist has called their house at 1 a.m. before. Well, what if this girl had paged him because she had an emergency and he was returning the call.

The more I think about it, the more I want to give this dentist a break until we hear what really happened.

Am I being naive??[/quote]

uh....yep, IMO ;)

Cruse says the relationship between his daughter and Boyd became sexual.

And she was with the dentist Wednesday night, Cruse said. They had met at his office, she said, and went to his home for drinks. Cruse said she got a call from Boyd about 10 p.m., asking her and her husband to come get Drye, who had been drinking

Just a few quotes above from articles posted in some other post. She weighed 100 pounds....how do you suppose she was able to tie him up and strangle him after he called her parents to come and get her for being drunk? A drunk 100 pd girl tied him up and strangled him?? doesn't sound right...IMO

Okay, I have now read that her boyfriend has been arrested. So, now, three are under arrest--the girl, the boyfriend and his 18-yo-cousin. I bet that the police know the story. I don't know if we'll ever hear it because the police seem to want to keep it under wraps for the family's sake.

I first read that the boyfriend's mother found the girl walking down the road and saying that the dentist had raped her. I wonder if she told this to her boyfriend when they got back to his house. He then called his cousin, took his mother's car and then went over to the dentist's house and murdered him.

It's sad that the dentist got involved in this type of thing. I wonder if he used drugs, too. He definitely wasn't thinking too clearly. Being investigated for prescription fraud just to get a little sex sounds pretty crazy to me. Perhaps, he was writing them and using some himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back