767 users online (109 members and 658 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814

    Boy with OCD thought he caused 9/11 terrorist attacks

    This poor boy....can you imagine how he must have felt.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2206...t-attacks.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Poor thing. Sounds like he is doing better now!

    Salem

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    That is so very sad. I hope he is improving.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    939
    wow hes 10 now so he was he was 3 years old? poor little guy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    wow hes 10 now so he was he was 3 years old? poor little guy
    Good catch.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    CDO can be very compelling, for sure.

    (No, it's not misspelled. It's the same thing as OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE!) :-)
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  7. #7
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    CDO can be very compelling, for sure.

    (No, it's not misspelled. It's the same thing as OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE!) :-)
    It can be debilitating has ruined many lives.

  8. #8
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    wow hes 10 now so he was he was 3 years old? poor little guy
    Is he 10 now? The article mentioned his good grades in school before the attack.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,498
    Maybe he was 10 at the time. Poor boy. I too have OCD (pretty severe) and it's definitely not fun to deal with every day. I'm glad he's improving. Hopefully he'll be able to live a normal life one day.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    Is he 10 now? The article mentioned his good grades in school before the attack.
    hmmm the article is a little vague, but it seems he was 10 THEN, so 17 now? still, poor boy.

    i have OCD, and have had since at least 5. (dont remember anything before that) i almost didnt marry because of it. i was so afraid i would drive him up a wall. hubby deals with it, its mostly a cleaning compulsion, especially bathrooms LOL he says his sister spent hours in the bathroom and left it a mess, so this isnt TOO bad.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,333
    I have a slight case of OCD. One of the things is that I think something bad will happen to someone in my family if I don't end each conversation with "I love you." One of the others is that I have to call my mom to say goodnight and repeat the same thing, "Good night, I love you, call me if you need me." If on the slight chance I forget I have to call her back. If she says something to me after I've already said it and it requires a response from me then after I respond I have to say it again. If I don't something bad will happen to her.

    So I understand on a much smaller scale what this little boy goes through. I'm glad he's doing better. That's what they call "having the weight of the world on your shoulders".

  12. #12
    hipmamajen's Avatar
    hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,199
    Poor little guy!
    Just thinkin' out loud....


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    182
    OCD has caused me great pain. I've been on medication for it for years, so it's easier to live with now. It can truly be a psychological nightmare--people have confessed to murders they had absolutely nothing to do with because of it. OCD is usually the first thing that comes to mind when I hear of a false confession. John Mark Karr might be an exception.

  14. #14
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by carnation View Post
    OCD has caused me great pain. I've been on medication for it for years, so it's easier to live with now. It can truly be a psychological nightmare--people have confessed to murders they had absolutely nothing to do with because of it. OCD is usually the first thing that comes to mind when I hear of a false confession. John Mark Karr might be an exception.



Similar Threads

  1. Threat of New Terrorist Attacks
    By BetteDavisEyes in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 10:40 AM