Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue general discussions here. Previous threads can be found w/links at the bottom of your page.

QUOTE=SeriouslySearching;2333646]While I am just catching up here, I am delighted that Kahskye contacted a reporter that is willing to communicate! Great job and you are getting some good info! (Thanks, Christine for the prodding~!)

We still do not have a motive or the (Sorry...I meant POI) yet, but since they are taking this nationwide (which by the way means across OUR country)...I am hopeful other agencies might have more input. I still believe the POI is from OK according to his truck...but it doesn't mean he hasn't gone somewhere else to hide.

I watched Peter on Greta last night and I had to tip my hat to him a couple of times. Whoever mentioned the things he said were few, but profound was right. He even stopped Greta in her tracks a couple of times for talking in generalities. I do feel so sorry for him and the family. I don't suspect the parents (they have earned this title imho). Taylor would be proud that he has been willing to speak out on television at all and hold his own with the likes of Greta. (It reminds me of Mark Lunsford. Not much education, but a lot of truth and common sense who says what they mean.)[/QUOTE]

Exactly! You read my mind. I thought of Mark Lunsford instantly. Peter like Mark is not a polished man or a learned man but a wise man with a heart that weeps for the loss of his child and her little friend.

It had to be scary for him last night as Greta was barking in his ear and trying to lead him. It would have been much better if she was there face to face with him, like the area reporter that did the other interview.

I hope and pray that both of these families remain strong in their faith and continue to believe this case will be solved. Imo at their time of overwhelming grief this is all the hope they have left that sustains them to make it another day.

imo

People in Oklahoma are just as he described...we will be there to support the families. The people in the community that never knew the family before will make it their goal to help them and not just for the moment. He has lifelong friends from strangers. We have a good heart and a long lasting memory.

Maybe this is why some of you don't understand my "passion" on cases. I am from Oklahoma. We truly care about other people. It could be in our genes or it could be the way we are raised...but it is there. We don't normally have to apologize for it.

People in Oklahoma are just as he described...we will be there to support the families. The people in the community that never knew the family before will make it their goal to help them and not just for the moment. He has lifelong friends from strangers. We have a good heart and a long lasting memory.

Maybe this is why some of you don't understand my "passion" on cases. I am from Oklahoma. We truly care about other people. It could be in our genes or it could be the way we are raised...but it is there. We don't normally have to apologize for it.

Well Seriously Searching, maybe it just that you are a very sweet caring person too and thats why you care so much !! And the Oklahoma stuff just adds to it and makes you that much more special !!:blowkiss:

O/T remark.......would you call my friend in McLoud and tell her that, she hasn't gotten that info. :)

I too am from Oklahoma. Although I have not lived there for many years, I still consider it "my home". My husband never understood my passion for it until he visited OKC with me in May. He was blown away by the general camaraderie that exists between "Okies". While I no longer live in Okla. my heart will forever be there. I ache for the families of these little girls. Please let the murderer be found soon.

I too am from Oklahoma. Although I have not lived there for many years, I still consider it "my home". My husband never understood my passion for it until he visited OKC with me in May. He was blown away by the general camaraderie that exists between "Okies". While I no longer live in Okla. my heart will forever be there. I ache for the families of these little girls. Please let the murderer be found soon.
We do have this "heart" that makes us different. We were raised to deeply care. Sounds broad, but it isn't. I don't know how to explain it to other people across the country that have not experienced it...but I would say we are all raised with this sense of family/community/state. We are in this together no matter what. The same as the family unit. We are always cognizant of each other and treat them as "family".

I am delighted you are an Okie, too. :)

I saw and was impressed by the love and compassion Oklahomians showed during that home grown terrorist bombing--- the Murrah Federal building /Timothy McVeigh.

I will never forget the reaction of the entire town-- pictures of broken hearted firemen bringing out children from the wreakage.... just heart wrenching !!

We do have this "heart" that makes us different. We were raised to deeply care. Sounds broad, but it isn't. I don't know how to explain it to other people across the country that have not experienced it...but I would say we are all raised with this sense of family/community/state. We are in this together no matter what. The same as the family unit. We are always cognizant of each other and treat them as "family".

I am delighted you are an Okie, too. :)

While I'm sure you speak on behalf of many Oklahomans - you cannot speak in such sweeping generalities. There are bad guys in Oklahoma - just like everywhere else. It appears that one of those bad guys brutally executed these girls on a country road in broad daylight. That cannnot be glossed over. OTOH, I do not believe - for one second - that someone in that area who may know what happened will remain silent indefinitely. If someone knows something, they will come forward. I hope and pray...

While I'm sure you speak on behalf of many Oklahomans - you cannot speak in such sweeping generalities. There are bad guys in Oklahoma - just like everywhere else. It appears that one of those bad guys brutally executed these girls on a country road in broad daylight. That cannnot be glossed over. OTOH, I do not believe - for one second - that someone in that area who may know what happened will remain silent indefinitely. If someone knows something, they will come forward. I hope and pray...

Oklahoma is a great state, but there are other states with people who have the same affection for their state. The general problem is the neighborly atmosphere in the US has drastically changed in the last 50 years, and I don't see things getting back to "the way we were." Bad guys (and girls) have found their way to every township, county, city, and state - even the small town of Weleetka.

Oklahoma is a great state, but there are other states with people who have the same affection for their state. The general problem is the neighborly atmosphere in the US has drastically changed in the last 50 years, and I don't see things getting back to "the way we were." Bad guys (and girls) have found their way to every township, county, city, and state - even the small town of Weleetka.

I agree. There are good people and bad people in every state. I have lived in several states and in all of them I have found people who would give you the coat off their back and others who would steal it from you.
I don't think it is in the genes, but it has a lot to do with the way people are raised, and as you say it is changing. People are so involved in their work and have so many things that they are involved with in their homes such as hundreds of TV channels and computers that they spend hours on, many do not have the same contact with their neighbors as in years past. But when something bad happens, people come together from all over, not just Oklahoma, to help. Many people on these boards go into the cases with a passion, especially when a child is involved so we have no trouble understanding the passion of someone from Oklahoma. I know a lot of wonderful people from Oklahoma. But reading the crime stats of the state, I know they have their share of criminals too. We usually love the place we grew up and will always have special feelings remembering the love of our family and friends as we grew up. But to think it is inclusive to only one state is very condescending.

Hey, Lovely People, we are citizens of the world, and we are all connected!

:worldmap:

I snipped out a few paragraphs I thought were interesting based on previous discussions…
================

The Society to Preserve Indigenous Rights and Indigenous Traditions, or SPIRIT, issued a press release Wednesday objecting to the generic nature of a recently released police sketch of an American Indian man as a "person of interest" in the ongoing investigation of the Weleetka child-murders.

"That picture could be probably 10,000 Indian men in Oklahoma — my brother, my cousin, my friend. I look at it, and if they pulled back their hair in a ponytail — there you go," said Brenda Golden, a spokeswoman for the organization.

But Jessica Brown, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, said the sketch isn't generic. She cited specific information, such as the man's height of 6 feet and hair length, which is down his back in a ponytail. "What do you want — a tattoo on his forehead?" Brown asked.

She said the forensic artist who made the sketch has 30 years of experience. She said not releasing the sketch would have been criticized and that the man is not a suspect.

Golden also cited a high-profile 1994 incident in which Susan Smith of South Carolina was convicted of drowning her two young sons. She told authorities that she was carjacked by a black man, who drove off with the boys. "She actually went as far as to work with the police officers to make a drawing," Golden said.

Willingham said people questioned at crime scenes are either giving descriptions based on what they perceive to be true or are giving false information to shift blame from themselves. He said officers go with the best information available. "It's up to the individual's perception," Willingham said. "We can't discount a witness because we're not sure if what they're saying is true."

Pleas Thompson, president of the Tulsa Chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said criminals blame minorities as easy targets. "I think, especially a person who committed a crime thinks they might point the suspicion away from them if (the perception is) that a black or Indian is more likely to do something like this than a Caucasian," he said.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080628_11_A4_spancl9259

I am not surprised it has now turned into a race issue.

What do they expect LE to do? If the POI happens to be black, American Indian or some other minority, they can't put the sketch out depicting their possible race for fear they would be called racist?

A witness or POI is what they are. If they are white,black, blue or green then the composite should depict that.

I also saw another sketch done by this artist and it was of a black man, did they cry racist when that one was put out? When they found this murderer and arrested him ......well.......yes he was a black man.

OSBI must go by what the witnesses tell them. To not do so would be a derelict of duties. They are not there to be PC but to try and solve crimes including all races.

Just because Susan Smith and a few other murderers put out false composites doesn't mean this person did who is not even a family member or connected to this case per Brown. I highly doubt that the person who gave the composite is the killer like the Susan Smiths of the world since several others also stated they saw this same man that day on that road.

It strange though we never seem to hear this rift when we see composite saying the POI is white.

What does it mean exactly that the case is going "national?" Does that just mean the OSBI will work with other states more to get the info out there?

Also, I looked at the AMW website to see if anything would be on their show tonight. From the episode guide for tonight, it doesn't look that way, but maybe they will have it on.

It is listed for the 6-14 episode guide from 2 weeks ago.

America’s Most Wanted – TV Schedule

6-28 Episode
http://www.amw.com/show_archive/tv_detail.cfm?currentDate=2008-06-28&action=next

6-14 Epidsode
http://www.amw.com/show_archive/tv_detail.cfm?currentDate=2008-06-14&action=previous

What do they expect LE to do? If the POI happens to be black, American Indian or some other minority, they can't put the sketch out depicting their possible race for fear they would be called racist?

A witness or POI is what they are. If they are white,black, blue or green then the composite should depict that.

I also saw another sketch done by this artist and it was of a black man, did they cry racist when that one was put out? When they found this murderer and arrested him ......well.......yes he was a black man.

OSBI must go by what the witnesses tell them. To not do so would be a derelict of duties. They are not there to be PC but to try and solve crimes including all races.

Just because Susan Smith and a few other murderers put out false composites doesn't mean this person did who is not even a family member or connected to this case per Brown. I highly doubt that the person who gave the composite is the killer like the Susan Smiths of the world since several others also stated they saw this same man that day on that road.

It strange though we never seem to hear this rift when we see composite saying the POI is white.

I agree that they are obligated to go by what the witnesses tell them unless they have evidence that proves otherwise.

I'm still curious about the "couple of" or "several" witnesses who saw POI (not to be confused with the male witness who saw the girls walking together and has been deemed very credible) and whether it was one vehicle with 2 people who reported seeing the POI, and whether it was 1 or 2 separate sightings. Sometimes I wonder if they were covering for others (like someone's son or sons, etc.). Just my opinion - I go back and forth on it.

Thoughts?

I agree i still think the killer/killers is someone from that area. They got very close to the girl's . There are no bruises to show the girls were abused in a psychic way. No evidence they tried to run, fell etc. They didn't use their cell phones they didn't run ... they were shot close up and in an excution sort of way --sending a message to others. It leads me to believe they knew their killer/killers and thery were sending a message to perhaps the fmaily or community??

I agree i still think the killer/killers is someone from that area. They got very close to the girl's . There are no bruises to show the girls were abused in a psychic way. No evidence they tried to run, fell etc. They didn't use their cell phones they didn't run ... they were shot close up and in an excution sort of way --sending a message to others. It leads me to believe they knew their killer/killers and thery were sending a message to perhaps the fmaily or community??
It does seem there was SOME reason the girls didn't run...or even avoid the killer(s) - perhaps they knew the killer(s) OR the killer(s) knew them....ie: called them by name or took Taylor's dog as "bait". The killer got very close and the girls didn't run - they were shot where they stood - fast. The killer(s) had to have been "ready" to shoot when he saw the girls...it sure seems to me the killer(s) came up on the girls already with the intent to kill them - they had no time to even turn their backs on the killer(s) when approached - and they were dropped fast - this killer wasn't fooling around, he wanted these two girls dead (with no chance they survived) and he wanted them dead fast and quiet. If the accounts by witnesses of the shots are correct the killer(s) didn't waste a second - no hesitation, no running or escaping victims, no question as to the event being 100% deadly. And then - the killer(s) left - by all accounts raising no alarm in people passed on the way - not speeding, not acting suspicious, not doing a single thing to call attention. That's HARDCORE - kill two girls in cold blood, leave the casings where they fell, and just shake it off like it was nothing and then disappear. And this was an ugly ugly scene - I don't think this was "kids" unless there is a budding sociopath in the area with access to two guns on a summer Sunday afternoon.

It's odd, it was an up close and "personal" killing, but carried out in an impersonal, cold, calculated manner. I think that's why we are all so confused and having a hard time settling on a motive - it's both personal, in that the killer(s) must have been standing face to face with the girls and not more than a few feet away, and yet the shooting was so efficient and so deadly and so fast. There wasn't a bit of hesitation - and it was done in a place which was almost "public" - the killer(s) sure didn't make it possible to "linger" with the victims. Like I said - impersonal and yet very personal. That's why I cannot believe there was more than one shooter - a killer with this level of disassociation and calm efficiency when executing children is not (logically) a novice to this type of scenario.

Sociopaths or experienced assassins would not normally appear in rural Weleetka in PAIRS would they?

My Opinion

I totally agree. I don't see how the "race card" even fits here. The artist was simply doing the job. I think the sketch is remarkable and one of the very best I have seen across the country. If all of the sketch artists could do such a great rendering...it might make bringing them in a lot easier! The one I saw from this particular artist on another case was spot on (except the guy was younger).

I am going back to my original theory that the killer/killers did not know the girls and there was no specific motive other than to shut them up for some reason. They heard or saw something they should not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk