Coaster kills boy at 6 Flags Over Georgia

:(

If he had only obeyed the 2 6 foot fences and signs.....

There was a reason that area was listed as dangerous...no trespassing. A tragic accident. One that was preventable.
According to Fox 5 TV, boy was part with a church group visiting the amusement park jumped a fence around an off-limits area. One of them jumped to grab someone's feet as the Batman ride passed over, and he was decapitated.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/park_969783___article.html/authorities_media.html
Authorities are investigating a death at the Six Flags Over Georgia amusement park where a person has apparently been decapitated.

May the family and friends of this teen recover from such a tragedy.

WOW!!!

and eeeeeeeeewwww is all i can say...
i wonder if the people riding the ride saw it when it decapitated him?

Such a preventable death. I wonder where was the supervision of the children if this was a church group. Parents...someone accompanied the group.

CP,
He was with a church group and his parents were there. :(
From the article you posted:
No one on the ride was injured, Sheath said in the statement. The boy's family was at the park.
:no:

I can't even imagine what his family must be going through. My prayers are with them tonight.

Maybe they should put barbed wire on those fences. We have a 6 ft fence in our yard and it wouldn't be difficult for a tall teen to jump over if they wanted. :( :(

CP,
He was with a church group and his parents were there. :(
From the article you posted:
:no:

I had read that 6 Flags officials were still with the parents about 4:30 PM. But, why weren't they (the children) being watched closer at 2:30 PM when this occurred? Of course, this boy was 17 ( I think) and should have known better.

It is horrible in any event.Makes me sick.

This death was needless... BUT I see people doing this type of thing daily.
Living in a state park there are restricted areas .. Some people totally ignore the signs.

I had read that 6 Flags officials were still with the parents about 4:30 PM. But, why weren't they (the children) being watched closer at 2:30 PM when this occurred? Of course, this boy was 17 ( I think) and should have known better.

He was 17..I have a almost 17 yo and a 19 yo and I would not think to much about letting them go off in a park by themselves.

How terrible!
His poor family and the people who witnessed this. I imagine young kids seen this young man die.

Totally foolish and I hope the family does not sue the park over their sons foolishness.

He was 17..I have a almost 17 yo and a 19 yo and I would not think to much about letting them go off in a park by themselves.

Honestly, I wouldn't either but my children have always been fairly responsible. I am not sure this boy was 17 as the reports are coming out now. So, it will have to be confirmed he was that old.

This death was needless... BUT I see people doing this type of thing daily.
Living in a state park there are restricted areas .. Some people totally ignore the signs.
and I guarantee there will be a law suite filed :mad:
he was 17- old enough to know better

Horrible. In the article it says both that he was trying to retrieve something he lost, AND that he was trying to grab the people's feet as they went by in the coaster. :eek:

Either way, it was very stupid and senseless....God be with this family. We live 90 minutes from Atlanta and go to Six Flags a lot, both as a family and on school and church trips. This is a story I'll never forget. God also be with the people who witnessed this. I'm just sick in so many ways.

Oh It makes me sick too Concernedperson.
Maybe the adults were at the 'other' end of the ride. :waitasec:

How horrible. I just can't imagine what was going on in his head to do such a ridiculous thing.
Prayers for his family and friends.

He snuck in under the roller coaster and grabbed the feet of a person on the ride? Why does a 17-year-old not comprehend the basic physics of force and velocity? I feel terribly sad for the family; what an awful shock when they were all out enjoying a fun afternoon at the park.

17 is what is still being reported and he jumped 2 six foot fences to gain access to the restricted area. This seems like his own irresponsibility vs. anyone else's.

It is almost like jumping off a building to see if you can fly.

I am terribly sorry for his parents and all those affected.

This is from the 1st link:
A 17-year-old boy was killed Saturday when he was struck by the popular Batman ride at Six Flags Over Georgia.
According to a statement from the amusement park, the boy climbed over two six-foot fences around the popular Batman roller coaster.

So did someone's feet hit this poor boy? Or was it something on the roller coaster (mechanical)? I hope it wasn't a person on the ride because that will also be traumatic to live with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back