GUILTY WA - Araceli Camacho Gomez, 27, murdered, unborn son stolen, 27 June 2008

What makes people think to do something like this. Do they really think they will get away with it??

Remember the lady who cut out the baby using her car keys?
Sicko!

This poor child. I pray the baby survives.

What makes people think to do something like this. Do they really think they will get away with it??

I read somewhere once that the women who usually do this are pretty profoundly disturbed psychologically. They convince themselves that they need the baby more than the mother, that they will be better mothers, that the mother doesn't deserve that child or some other reason that justifies what they intend to do. They may even believe it is preordained. Since they see themselves as the mother they do think that they can get by with it. They might make plans for after they take the baby home, but that isn't their priority.

It was a MAN arrested and LE say no one else was involved.
They also haven't released any information on the death or that the baby was cut from her womb.

My daughter lives not far from the park and I've been following this story since this morning.
This article is more detailed than anything else. The baby was found FIRST at 11pm Friday night. The body was found around 1am Sat.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/901/story/225351.html

http://www.kvewtv.com/news/?sect_rank=2&section_id=3&story_id=6041

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_062908WAB_kennewick_body_arrest_SW.8ab50c3.html

http://www.kirotv.com/news/16740745/detail.html

Sorry but the OP is incorrect. A man has been arrested and the baby is in the hospital

More information will come tomorrow. It is still possible that the baby was removed but LE is saying there was no one else involved but the man arrested.

Actually, it is a WOMAN that has been arrested - some of the news articles are incorrect

It was a MAN arrested and LE say no one else was involved.
They also haven't released any information on the death or that the baby was cut from her womb.

The suspect in custody is a FEMALE (see link, below). She is Thai but has lived in the U.S. for most of her life.

The suspect called for an ambulance after taking the baby, and reported that a newborn was not breathing. Two and two were put together quickly & the suspect was arrested Saturday.

You are correct, LE has not released all of the details to the media -

http://www.kndo.com/Global/story.asp?S=8576304

Well it is hard to tell the sex by the name and with reports differing depending on which one you read who knows for sure. The jail roster has not been updated since yesterday to end all confusion.
But I'll concede it is a woman but the baby was never missing as the OP first said.

Well it is hard to tell the sex by the name and with reports differing depending on which one you read who knows for sure. The jail roster has not been updated since yesterday to end all confusion.
But I'll concede it is a woman but the baby was never missing as the OP first said.

Suspect's photo has been released - and yes, the baby WAS removed from the murder scene - I have firsthand information, and would not post as fact if I didn't.

Suspect's photo has been released - and yes, the baby WAS removed from the murder scene - I have firsthand information, and would not post as fact if I didn't.

The baby was never missing it was found first and sent to Spokane. The mother was found 2 hours later per 911 calls.

Maybe you could let us know the sex of the baby since you have first hand knowledge.

(I never said the baby wasn't removed to a different location-just that it wasn't missing)

http://www.keprtv.com/news/local/22701764.html
Here is an interview with the suspects family.. they thought she was possessed prior to the murder. But they also say she took the baby to the hospital which is contrary to reports from the Fire Department who responded to the call about an infant not breathing.

The baby was never missing it was found first and sent to Spokane. The mother was found 2 hours later per 911 calls.

Maybe you could let us know the sex of the baby since you have first hand knowledge.

(I never said the baby wasn't removed to a different location-just that it wasn't missing)

You believed that the suspect was MALE .... I'm not here to argue, I'm here to state and discuss the facts.

http://www.keprtv.com/news/local/22701764.html
Here is an interview with the suspects family.. they thought she was possessed prior to the murder. But they also say she took the baby to the hospital which is contrary to reports from the Fire Department who responded to the call about an infant not breathing.

This is the family's understanding of what took place. As stated, this was not verified by LE.

What I know is that suspect did, in fact, place a 911 call stating that the newborn was not breathing.

I conceded I was incorrect on the sex of the suspect.

But to say the baby was missing was misleading since it was the baby found first.
And that is fact from the Fire Dept.

Now would you like to discuss this odd case getting odder with the family comments now? She spoke with her "spiritual adviser" before the murder and he and the family thought she was "possessed because of her strange behavior?
If she was acting so strangely it is very sad that the family wrote it off to possession instead of getting her real help. That might have prevented this.

But to say the baby was missing was misleading since it was the baby found first.

Perhaps tomorrow's press conference will further explain..... LE knew that they were seeking a murder suspect PRIOR to midnight that night.

I am not claiming that you, or anyone else, should or could know these things - I am telling you what I, personally, know.

Now would you like to discuss this odd case getting odder with the family comments now? She spoke with her "spiritual adviser" before the murder and he and the family thought she was "possessed because of her strange behavior?
If she was acting so strangely it is very sad that the family wrote it off to possession instead of getting her real help. That might have prevented this.

I wonder, though, if her family is trying to create a defense for her? We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

I wonder, though, if her family is trying to create a defense for her? We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

That is very possible. But it sure ads a stranger component to the crime. And if they are actually telling the truth about her behavior how sad to think they could have somehow prevented this. Not that they could predict what she was going to do but just that they could have gotten her some help.
It's hard to fault their own spiritual belief but it sure is sad.

Like I said my daughter lives not far from the park all I cared about this morning was that they caught the suspect.

My daughter works at KVEW she works tomorrow and will be in the know. Not sure what your inside connection is but if you don't have a heads up for any Police Statement or possible presser I'd be happy to give you one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back