Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the new thread!

Police on Friday issued Vermont's first-ever Amber Alert, a missing-person report extensively sent to media and even to cell phone customers who have signed up to receive such messages. Thomas said Sunday authorities had received more than 150 tips in response to that notification.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/NEWS04/806300391

Being this is the first Amber Alert in the state, does it mean there haven't been other endangered missing children or does it mean they are so stringent with the recommended guidelines that they have failed to use it?

I have found other states that take the guidelines as the actual rules which should be done on a case by case basis. This is the way the guidelines were intended to be used, imo. Other states have learned to use them appropriately with much success.

How horrible this is!!!

And you know what? I am pissed off!
This poor little girl having her own myspace which was not monitored by her parent and then being allowed to hang out with a SEX OFFENDER!

When I read the article today about her uncle (and it seems to always be the uncle or moms boyfriend who is the creep) being a RSO, it made me sick and now I really believe this poor little girl is no longer with us.

I want to know who allowed this girl to be with this animal and I want the person charged. You do not allow your child to be with a rapist. EVER. I don't care if its dear Uncle Steve who just had that one incident 10 years ago, the freak is not safe!

Another example why we should never ever allow rapists out of jail.
It is possible the mother and father didn't know, but the step-father and grandparents must have. You are right tho. This man should not have been around any children for any reason and certainly not having them spend the nights at his house!

Thanks, Swannie! I have to go to work soon and am hoping it is earlier than this afternoon. You guys will have to keep this updated today for certain! Details on the presser!!

I can't believe that the mother would not have known about this, it was her sisters husband for petes sake. Not to mention, as others have said, this is a small town, word gets out. Can anyone find out how much time he did for the 93 crime? Then add on probation and the family didn't know? I'm not buying it. IMO

I can't believe that the mother would not have known about this, it was her sisters husband for petes sake. Not to mention, as others have said, this is a small town, word gets out. Can anyone find out how much time he did for the 93 crime? Then add on probation and the family didn't know? I'm not buying it. IMO

Take this for what it's worth, but there is a poster on the "In Sessions" boards, who claims it was common knowledge this guy was a RSO. She's from the local area where Brooke and her mom lives.

True, but why didn't it come out immediately when Brooke went missing if people knew? The small town theory should have kicked early on and it should have been the topic of discussion all over the internet. The first we caught wind of it was from Swannie, IIRC, when she was looking up RSOs in the area. (I don't think we knew at the time that he was the uncle tho.)

Take this for what it's worth, but there is a poster on the "In Sessions" boards, who claims it was common knowledge this guy was a RSO. She's from the local area where Brooke and her mom lives.
Like THAT wouldn't be front page news with him being the last one seen with Brooke?!

True, but why didn't it come out immediately when Brooke went missing if people knew? The small town theory should have kicked early on and it should have been the topic of discussion all over the internet. The first we caught wind of it was from Swannie, IIRC, when she was looking up RSOs in the area. (I don't think we knew at the time that he was the uncle tho.)

The poster I'm talking about on the In Sessions board is the first person to mention the uncle was a RSO. A couple of days ago. Then I saw it mentioned on here later. She is the one who said that people around the uncle knew about his past. Again..take it for what it's worth, she might assume people around him knew, because she and her family knew.

This is correct, I didn't know the uncles name ( had we known that every one of us would have had that posted) He stood out to me because of the kidnapping charge as well. I actually wrote his name down but didnt post it since I had nothing to back it up. When I saw what the uncles name was last night I could have fainted.

I also can't believe that the reporters didnt get wind of this either, they could have gotten the uncles name easily and wham!

I don't understand then how it didn't hit the press that he was a RSO! That is HUGE news in any missing person's case. Talk about sending up red flags! Maybe the locals should have made sure that someone called the media if they knew it.

The poster I'm talking about on the In Sessions board is the first person to mention the uncle was a RSO. A couple of days ago. Then I saw it mentioned on here later. She is the one who said that people around the uncle knew about his past. Again..take it for what it's worth, she might assume people around him knew, because she and her family knew.

where is this "in sessions" board at?

On Fox News now

Argus(?) reporter says the 93 conviction involved a minor....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth