Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neil Entwistle - Post Sentencing

Neil Entwistle - Post Sentencing

Clarification re incarceration:

At six months, Entwistle, like any other maximum-security prisoner, will have a classification hearing to determine if he stays at Souza-Baranowski or transfers to Cedar Junction. This hearing will be repeated every six months.

Inmates serving life sentences typically start with two years at a maximum-security facility, Wiffin said.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/ne...-for-Entwistle

I've read that Cedar Junction wouldn't be any kind of a picnic for him. I think he might survive if he stays at Souza in a single cell, but if he's goes somewhere with lots of interaction with other prisoners someone will get him.

He's such a wimp.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DEPUTYDAWG For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG View Post
    He's such a wimp.
    He's definitely going to be in for the shock of his life in with the hard-core criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    He's definitely going to be in for the shock of his life in with the hard-core criminals.
    I don't think he'll be smirking! Even though we've had a hint of Neil's psychological background like narcissist, sociopath, psychopath etc., he's still a rookie when placed with this prison population. I know he's been in jail for the past 2 yrs but prison will be nothing like this! I would think he might do himself in but then EW says he's very optimistic that he'll win his appeal. I think EW made him think that so that he won't commit suicide.

Gee I don't feel one bit sorry for the creep. He deserves everything he will get. 10 fold.

Class-z is offline Do Something, Lead, follow or get out of the way. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    I don't think he'll be smirking! Even though we've had a hint of Neil's psychological background like narcissist, sociopath, psychopath etc., he's still a rookie when placed with this prison population. I know he's been in jail for the past 2 yrs but prison will be nothing like this! I would think he might do himself in but then EW says he's very optimistic that he'll win his appeal. I think EW made him think that so that he won't commit suicide.
    He's had many a chance to do himself in, but it hurts too much remember? He's too much of a coward to do that I suspect.

While in county jail awaiting his trial he's been presumed innocent, and has had regular visits especially with his lawyers. He's been in and out of court for motions and the trial. Gone forever now are the suits or interaction with people outside of prison. He'll be in his small cell for most of each and every day. When he's allowed out he'll be fearing other inmates doing him in since he's been convicted of killing a baby. This is his first brush with the law and he's not "prison savvy" like many other hard timers he'll be in contact with. I don't know if he'll have the nerve to kill himself but someone else might get to him first. MOO

Yup...I agree with you classz - coward and Panthera's right - he's now a convicted criminal.
    Too bad we don't have a Vernell spokesperson to see if he's "jazzed" or not!

Yup...I agree with you classz - coward and Panthera's right - he's now a convicted criminal.
    Too bad we don't have a Vernell spokesperson to see if he's "jazzed" or not!
    Oh, I'm sure there will be some one whether official spokesperson or some inmate's family (couldn't find a little birdie icon) who'll report and give updates on the from time to time.

You're the best! Love the new icons!

Quote Originally Posted by mollymalone View Post
    Oh, I'm sure there will be some one whether official spokesperson or some inmate's family (couldn't find a little birdie icon) who'll report and give updates on the from time to time.

You're the best! Love the new icons!
    Cracking up with you guys and your emoticons! We could make a complete post with emoticons now like those kid's picture books.

Back o/t - I read an article earlier in the Worksop Guardian but when I went back to it it says "the article has been unable to display". I'll post the link anyways in case it works for any of you.

They're basically saying that the Entwistles' have not yet arrived back in Worksop and no one knows where they are or when they'll return. It also said that they passed around a card at the recent coucil meeting for Clifford offering their support for the "difficult situation" he's been in over the past month.

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/ent...urn.4239323.jp

Cracking up with you guys and your emoticons! We could make a complete post with emoticons now like those kid's picture books.

Back o/t - I read an article earlier in the Worksop Guardian but when I went back to it it says "the article has been unable to display". I'll post the link anyways in case it works for any of you.

They're basically saying that the Entwistles' have not yet arrived back in Worksop and no one knows where they are or when they'll return. It also said that they passed around a card at the recent coucil meeting for Clifford offering their support for the "difficult situation" he's been in over the past month.

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/ent...urn.4239323.jp
    I didn't get the article either but that's ok, I'll take your word for it! Maybe they're still here in the US trying to find their son an appeals lawyer? Doesn't it take a while for visitation to be approved at state prison? I wouldn't think they'd be able to see him so soon.

I didn't get the article either but that's ok, I'll take your word for it! Maybe they're still here in the US trying to find their son an appeals lawyer? Doesn't it take a while for visitation to be approved at state prison? I wouldn't think they'd be able to see him so soon.
    I wouldn't think so either but then after his sentencing he was allowed to approach the Judge with EW and ask for some time with his parents to say goodbye!And the Judge said yes!

I kind of thought they'd settle for an appointed appeals lawyer. I don't think they're that well off like the Ps.

I'm going through the same thing as I did after the Peterson case. Withdrawl - need to hear more. Are you going to follow the Peterson civil case?

I wouldn't think so either but then after his sentencing he was allowed to approach the Judge with EW and ask for some time with his parents to say goodbye!And the Judge said yes!

I kind of thought they'd settle for an appointed appeals lawyer. I don't think they're that well off like the Ps.

I'm going through the same thing as I did after the Peterson case. Withdrawl - need to hear more. Are you going to follow the Peterson civil case?
    I think the judge was just trying to be fair because his parents will be going home to England and probably won't see him for a long time. I don't really think they can afford a lawyer for his appeals and he'll probably get a court appointed one, which I hear can take some time at least in most states.

I'm not sure if I'll have time for the Peterson civil trial, at least not to follow it closely. I'm waiting for Spector Part 2 in Sept., Edwin Hall, and the return of Cesar Laurean from Mexico.

I think the judge was just trying to be fair because his parents will be going home to England and probably won't see him for a long time. I don't really think they can afford a lawyer for his appeals and he'll probably get a court appointed one, which I hear can take some time at least in most states.

I'm not sure if I'll have time for the Peterson civil trial, at least not to follow it closely. I'm waiting for Spector Part 2 in Sept., Edwin Hall, and the return of Cesar Laurean from Mexico.
    The Peterson got pushed back a few weeks. I'm curious to know what else wasn't shown or presented in court and I'm hoping that someone in the media will start talking about it.

A"difficult situation" that's an understatement. But then again that's the British for ya. LOL Totally bloodless family. Cold and nasty. I hope they go back home soon. They totally disgust me.

Sympathy for Entwistles' BBC short video - Editor or Worksop Guardian & 2 citizens in Worksop comment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7477989.stm

Lawyer's Blog - Final Thoughts on Entwistle

It is equally horrific – and shameful – to have witnessed Neil Entwistle’s mother, Yvonne Entwistle – stand before a bank of cameras and microphones, and publicly accuse Rachel Entwistle of “murdering” her granddaughter, despite more evidence convicting her son that any prosecutor could ever dream of. How grossly egotistical, and pathetic.

http://www.bostoncriminalattorneyblog.com/

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jilly For This Useful Post:

Yikes I can't understand most of the people on that video. They all have incredible accents. Dignified, my ass. They are creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugrandma1 View Post
    Yikes I can't understand most of the people on that video. They all have incredible accents. Dignified, my ass. They are creeps.
    I wasn't going to say anything but I need a translation of that female citizen - I've replayed it 3x and still can't understand her!

This just shows how the media can distort things. Most people in Britain are not going to be following this case closely on the internet. Everything they know about it will come from short sections on the nightly news like we have seen here. And this clip clearly gives the vague impression that NE is probably innocent and his parents are decent people. Anyone watching it, who assumed the BBC is fair, could be forgiven for taking that message away. The reality is, this BBC report is a shameless distortion of the situation. It creates a particular impression, and that impression is a downright LIE. The TRUTH is NE got a fair trial, he was proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and his parents are not just in denial but made a disgustingly hurtful slur against the victim. The thing to take away from this is that this is not an isolated incident. On the contrary, this is how the media operate all the time. They spin and distort as much as they feel like, mainly to create controversy and outrage in their readers/viewers. I expect the BBC's intention here is to stir up some good old anti-US hysteria. But I really don't think they are succeeding. Even the 'people in the street' in that clip were not saying they thought he was innocent. There are quite a few Brits commenting on this board, and none of them think anything except that NE is right where he belongs.

I wasn't going to say anything but I need a translation of that female citizen - I've replayed it 3x and still can't understand her!
    I don't know if you are serious, but here is what she said: "Why did he run? Y'know, if he wasn't guilty? So, there's got to have been something there, hasn't there?"

In other words, she is saying that his running away is a pointer to some sort of guilt, at least.

The man says: "Your family should stick by you, but up to a point. Err, I think, if it's definitely, if he's definitely done it, then his family's got to turn round and say, well, he's a criminal."

In other words, the man is saying that there are limits to how far the family should stick by NE, and those limits do not extend to continuing to claim his innocence when there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Parmenides For This Useful Post:

Parmenides - I know what you mean about the BBC. I was trying to think of what they reported a couple of years ago that was completely incorrect. I just asked my husband what it was. He said I'd have to be more specific but "everything that comes out of them is horse *****. LOL

When I lived in England, nobody watched the BBC but ITV instead. Just looked up their site for the first time and unfortunately, they might be just as bad. In the link I'm providing they say that ....In a statement the couple said they were "devastated" by the outcome... That's not quite correct either is it? What she actually said was we were devastated to learn that the evidence points to Rachel murdering our grandchild and then committing suicide. Big difference imo.

http://www.itv.com/News/Articles/Ent...335706748.html

27. The Following User Says Thank You to jilly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Parmenides View Post
    I don't know if you are serious, but here is what she said: "Why did he run? Y'know, if he wasn't guilty? So, there's got to have been something there, hasn't there?"

In other words, she is saying that his running away is a pointer to some sort of guilt, at least.

The man says: "Your family should stick by you, but up to a point. Err, I think, if it's definitely, if he's definitely done it, then his family's got to turn round and say, well, he's a criminal."

In other words, the man is saying that there are limits to how far the family should stick by NE, and those limits do not extend to continuing to claim his innocence when there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
    Yes, I was serious! Thank you so much for interpreting what she said for me! I got what the man said.

When I lived in England, nobody watched the BBC but ITV instead. Just looked up their site for the first time and unfortunately, they might be just as bad. In the link I'm providing they say that ....In a statement the couple said they were "devastated" by the outcome... That's not quite correct either is it? What she actually said was we were devastated to learn that the evidence points to Rachel murdering our grandchild and then committing suicide. Big difference imo.
    Totally agree. That is not quite correct at all.

Basically, anyone who is still relying on the mainstream tv and newspapers for their knowledge of the world is living in a fog of distortions, half-truths and misrepresentations. The internet is a godsend as it allows us to go into stories in depth and judge things for ourselves much more. The downside is, it takes an awful lot of time, and it can be a bit addictive.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast