1176 users online (194 members and 982 guests)  

Websleuths News

Want to know the special dish served to unruly prisoners? This is very interesting!

There's a certain high caloric, totally yucky food item made and served to prisoners who have misbehaved. It's called " Nutraloaf" or " Nutriloaf".
    The prisons make it up themselves and each one uses different ingredients that are so weird.

Here's a link to the Slate article about it. It's said to taste so bad that prisoners file lawsuits about cruel and unusual punishment.
    http://www.slate.com/id/2193538/?GT1=38001

I hope people like Scott Peterson are eating it for every meal.

"Acquiring a pet may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative".

This is MY truth, and this is my new baby puppy, Beau Monde.
    He will be joined in July by a tiny playmate.
    Please spay and neuter your dogs and cats.

EEWWWW! I quess they should've thought twice before committing crime.

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    There's a certain high caloric, totally yucky food item made and served to prisoners who have misbehaved. It's called " Nutraloaf" or " Nutriloaf".
    The prisons make it up themselves and each one uses different ingredients that are so weird.

Here's a link to the Slate article about it. It's said to taste so bad that prisoners file lawsuits about cruel and unusual punishment.
    http://www.slate.com/id/2193538/?GT1=38001

I hope people like Scott Peterson are eating it for every meal.
    A little OY here, but does that mean if a person is raised in a household where mom's cooking is absolutely horrid, that they can file a lawsuit for cruel and unusual punishment? lmao, I could'nt resist.

Seriously though, they don't deserve any better IMO.

Unfortunately, the corrections officers often end up wearing it.
    Last edited by Pandora; 06-30-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Forgot an "n."

SJ, that is very interesting. Thank you. All I have to say is "Yummmy".

I'm serving on the Grand Jury right now-in a few weeks we will tour all the area penal institutions and we get to eat lunch at the jail.

I figure if soldiers can eat ancient MREs, prisoners can eat somethings they don't like...

Shannon

If the prisoners dont like what they are offered---(as my mother would say) then dont eat. Starve to death, personally I dont care. Ive bought and choked down some granola bars that I didnt particulary think were very good, but I ate them anyway. If you are hungry enough just about anything tastes decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    Unfortunately, the corrections officers often end up wearing it.
    LOL! I can attest to that! NEVER lean down to talk to an inmate through the Bean Slot in his door.
    The worst thing I got hit with was a bowl full of Cherios and Piss.
    Id take Nutriloaf ANY day.

Quote Originally Posted by kline View Post
    LOL! I can attest to that! NEVER lean down to talk to an inmate through the Bean Slot in his door.
    The worst thing I got hit with was a bowl full of Cherios and Piss.
    Id take Nutriloaf ANY day.
    We won't discuss what my dad came home wearing a couple of times!
    The SCI where he worked had glass cells for inmates who were "throwers" of all things nasty; they were usually reserved for those w/ communicable diseases (in the days before HIV/AIDS). However, the ACLU had them declared cruel & unusual punishment and they were dismantled.

(Of course this same prison had a basement that was literally a dungeon. It has been abandoned for years--since before he started working there in 1972. When he toured it as a new CO, he was shocked to see the manacles, etc., still attached to the walls! I'll bet the ACLU would just LOVE that!)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorJ4 View Post
    I'm serving on the Grand Jury right now-in a few weeks we will tour all the area penal institutions and we get to eat lunch at the jail.

I figure if soldiers can eat ancient MREs, prisoners can eat somethings they don't like...

Shannon
    Everyone who has ever been on a diet has eaten things they didn't like.
    Has anyone TRIED Nutrisystem? *gag*
    FUN... is a renewable resource!