Sex OK at 9, says Saudi cleric

GetSmart

Reaction score
This makes my blood boil

Age, or lack thereof, is no hindrance to marriage under Islam, according to Ahmad Al-Mu'bi, an officiant for marriages from Saudi Arabia who says sex at 9 is fine.
According to a video of the Saudi official recorded and translated by MEMRI, the Middle East Media Research Institute, Al-Mu'bi has confirmed that marriage contracts are appropriate for girls as young as age 1.
And he said the model for marriage continues to be Muhammad, who married one of his wives when she was but 6.
<TABLE align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=302>
memri6atwo.jpg

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
The video comes from a broadcast on LBC Television on June 19, according to the MEMRI report.
Al-Mu'bi said, "Marriage is actually two things: First we are talking about the marriage contract itself. This is one thing, while consummating the marriage – having sex with the wife for the first time – is another thing.
"There is no minimal age for entering marriage. You can have a marriage contract even with a 1-year-old girl, not to mention a girl of 9, 7, or 8. This is merely a contract [indicating] consent. The guardian in such a case must be the father, because the father's opinion is obligatory. Thus, the girl becomes a wife," he said.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=68074

Dare we comment, GS? Don't want to be thought of as an Islamophobe.

The guy is out of his mind.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

He's not the first to preach this. A few years back there was another man preaching the same exact thing.

Surely the Catholic Church will come up in this discussion. Horrific of course, but none of those Priest's came out and preached child sexual abuse. They only hid it. I'm a Catholic, BTW.

Perverts!! Were we called FLDSophobes? It's all the same to me. They are sick and crazy. :D IMO

Wow, just wow.

I can't even imagine what little girls go through in some of these countries. It seems everyday I b*tch and moan about the price of gas or food, the DOW, etc. . . .Here, I was permitted to chose my husband and wait until I was the ancient age of 24 to get married.

Wow.

Dare we comment, GS? Don't want to be thought of as an Islamophobe.

The guy is out of his mind.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

He's not the first to preach this. A few years back there was another man preaching the same exact thing.

Surely the Catholic Church will come up in this discussion. Horrific of course, but none of those Priest's came out and preached child sexual abuse. They only hid it. I'm a Catholic, BTW.

Perverts come up with anything to try to justify their actions...

Does anyone actually read the full text of these articles?

"But is the girl ready for sex or not? What is the appropriate age for having sex for the first time? This varies according to environment and traditions. In Yemen, girls are married off at 9, 10, 11, 8, or 13, while in other countries, they are married off at 16. Some countries have legislated laws forbidding having sex before the girl is 18," he said.

Yes, he said in some countries, girls can be full wives at 8 or 9, but that it varies from country to country.

A contract and an actual consummated marriage are not necessarily the same.

Does anyone actually read the full text of these articles?

Yes, he said in some countries, girls can be full wives at 8 or 9, but that it varies from country to country.

A contract and an actual consummated marriage are not necessarily the same.

I read it, Annie. Muhammad had sex with (raped) his littlest wife when she was 9, so that is the "proper" age a wife must be for her husband to "consummate" the marriage.

"People find themselves in all kinds of circumstances. Take, for example, a man who has two, three, or four daughters. He does not have any wives, but he needs to go on a trip. Isn't it better to marry his daughter to a man who will protect and sustain her, and when she reaches the proper age, (NINE YEARS OLD :mad:) he will have sex with her? Who says all men are ferocious wolves?" Al-Mu'bi said.

Another worthy quote from this genius. Daddy needs to take a trip? Well of COURSE the only logical solution to his dilemma is to marry his young daughters off! God (Allah) forbid he should hire a babysitter. Or take his babies with him.

What a wonderful religion if you are a pedophile.

Sex at 9 will only EVER be ok if you are a sick twisted child molester:mad:

Why should the US jail pedophiles and foot the bill? Can we just send them all to Saudi Arabia? I'll even contribute to air fare.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back