GUILTY AR - Ethan Roberts, 1, drowned in bathtub, Marmaduke, 27 June 2008

Very odd that a.) the child was dead for 12 hours before 911 was called and b.) it wasn't even the mother who phoned 911, but a next door neighbor AFTER grandma got there. Something definitely doesn't add up here. :waitasec:

Makes me ill....another birth unit that kills her baby. :furious::mad:

If (god forbid) something happened to my daughter - even accidentally, I'd be terrified to call authorities....

I know all the reasons why it would be necessary - but I'd be terrified.

If (god forbid) something happened to my daughter - even accidentally, I'd be terrified to call authorities....

justche, just my opinion, but heaven forbid something did happen I don't think you'd give it a second thought. Your child is harmed. You call.

Absolutely I hear you, but I'm thinking to when my DD fell down the last two bottom steps. Mind you she was grown, but she fell out. Fainted. Went into shock. I looked at her and immediately called 911. Then I screamed. Then I continued calling 911 until they were at my door. You see your child turn a sick color of grey with white lips BAM you're on the phone and dying inside. All you want them to do is hurry up and get help.

This is a stretch but maybe when Ethan's mother realised was dead she went into some sort of shock-denial stage and that's why she didn't call 911?

This is a stretch but maybe when Ethan's mother realised was dead she went into some sort of shock-denial stage and that's why she didn't call 911?

i don't think this is a stretch-grandmother came to the apartment to assess what was going on and then had a neighbor call 911-so clearly something that had been going on raised a flag in grandma's mind.

i don't think this is a stretch-grandmother came to the apartment to assess what was going on and then had a neighbor call 911-so clearly something that had been going on raised a flag in grandma's mind.

My thoughts exactly!

Even just a drip of my mind trying to "go there" and all I can see is me being completely out of my mind with grief. Certainly, if there were any chance of assistance providing life, 911 would be the first call... but if it were waaaay too late to "fix." I can only imagine I'd be a total basket case. 911 would be the furthest thing from my mind. I'd probably wander into traffic.

When I see television where someone pulls the mother off a dead child's body, I can't help but think how freaking EVIL of a gesture that is to do.

A little bit more info here:

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=8575906&nav=0jsh

The cause of the death is still unknown, but the mother says the death was an accidental drowning.

"When the officer entered the residence he said the mother was holding the baby on the couch wrapped in that blanket at that time the mother stated that her baby had drowned in the bath tub at that residence," said Chief of Police Steve Franks.

"We could tell that the baby had been dead for at least 12 hours probably more the Greene County corner was called the baby has been taken to the little rock crime lab," said Franks.

Police had been called out to the apartment before for a domestic disturbance between the parents. The father moved out of the apartment just a few days before.

:eek::eek::waitasec:

Thats all sorts of crazy!

I would hope that you being a mother would want your child to get help and not lay there and die.

Police had been called out to the apartment before for a domestic disturbance between the parents. The father moved out of the apartment just a few days before.

"His daddy would bring him out and walk him around in a stroller...he was just a year old...he just turned a year old,"

Perhaps mom was mad that dad moved out and did this to the baby to hurt dad?

Perhaps mom was mad that dad moved out and did this to the baby to hurt dad?

I would tend to lean towards that thought as well. First off how long was the baby left unattended that he drowned and dead beyond all help if this was an accident? I mean surely most mothers would be on the phone so quickly trying to do whatever they could to bring them back...right?

I would tend to lean towards that thought as well. First off how long was the baby left unattended that he drowned and dead beyond all help if this was an accident? I mean surely most mothers would be on the phone so quickly trying to do whatever they could to bring them back...right?
And WHY was a 1y/o left unattended in the bathtub to begin with? Something is definitely not right about this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back