Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS 48 Hours-July 1st-9 PM-Tara Grinstead-Jennifer Kesse

CBS 48 Hours-July 1st-9 PM-Tara Grinstead-Jennifer Kesse

CP, Thank you so much for posting this notice in media links about the 48 Hours TV Special dedicated to Tara Grinstead and Jennifer Kesse. I thought if we created a specific thread for it, we could keep bumping it today to help WS members and guests 'see it' on the front page when they sign in. Also, it will give us a specific thread to use to discuss the show when it airs. Hopefully, there will be new evidence with new clues revealed in both cases!

[quote=concernedperson;2336518]CBS 48 Hours to Air Program Featuring Tara Grinstead's Disappearance on July 1st at 9 PM. "Nightmarish" and "Confounding" are the words from the producer and SAC of GBI's Perry Office describing this case.

http://www.tiftongazette.com/local/local_story_179194729.html[/quote]

I had a chance to watch almost all of it - I really enjoyed it. ("Enjoyed" seems like such a wrong word, considering the situations, but you know what I mean.) I had never seen any video of Tara, or heard her or family/friends talking, so it was nice to see that, as well as video of the areas, etc. in perspective.

I also knew absolutely nothing about Jennifer's case, so I found that interesting, as well as sad.

Prayers to all family members in both situations. What lovely girls Tara and Jennifer were, both so full of life, joy, and positive energy. What a shame.

Here is a picture of the glove found in Tara's front yard. Does anyone notice anything unusual about this glove?

I see what appears to be a stain, but could easily be shadowing/matrixing from the digital camera. Outside of that, nothing unusual.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

It appears to be inside out, not that that is unusual.

Are you asking because you think you see something unusual, or are asking as a general question? (PM if you don't want something on the public board)

Teethmarks and a hole. Think of someone behind you and how their hand would be over your mouth and if you bit down. You'd bite down on that area between your thumb and index finger. That's how LE knew the glove was connected to her disappearance.

She pulled the glove off with her teeth. That's how it came off.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Teethmarks and a hole. Think of someone behind you and how their hand would be over your mouth and if you bit down. You'd bite down on that area between your thumb and index finger. That's how LE knew the glove was connected to her disappearance.

SuziQ, I do believe you are brilliant!!!! After looking closer at the glove it does appear to be teeth marks.

I do nails and have vinyl gloves and tried it. It broke way too quickly to leave the teeth marks, but it left a hole the exact same location, same size and shape as in the pic.

I do nails and have vinyl gloves and tried it. It broke way too quickly to leave the teeth marks, but it left a hole the exact same location, same size and shape as in the pic.

I believe that glove to be worn on someones left hand. If you put your left hand to your mouth and bite down that would be Tara's bottom teeth that bite into the gloved hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Solvable View Post
    I believe that glove to be worn on someones left hand. If you put your left hand to your mouth and bite down that would be Tara's bottom teeth that bite into the gloved hand.
    That could tell us whether the person was right handed or left handed. I'm right handed, trying to figure out which hand I would use to cover someones mouth.....

I used my right hand for my test. And just turned the glove inside out and now it looks like I used my left hand but I didn't. So it depends on whether the glove in the pic was inside out or not.
    Last edited by SuziQ; 07-04-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: add a thought

I used my right hand for my test. And just turned the glove inside out and now it looks like I used my left hand. So it depends on whether the glove in the pic was inside out or not.
    I can't tell if the glove is turned inside out but it appears to me that isn't but I could be wrong. I would say that Tara's saliva is on that glove and that is why Gary Rothwell stated that glove is definitely connected to Tara. The glove also looks to me like it may contain some blood if I am looking at it right.

Now the question is what male was walking around for a few days with a bandage on that area of his hand???????

Very, very good observation. If you look at the pic it becomes obvious that is teeth marks...too aligned to be anything but as spatter would be more irregular.

I can't tell if the glove is turned inside out but it appears to me that isn't but I could be wrong. I would say that Tara's saliva is on that glove and that is why Gary Rothwell stated that glove is definitely connected to Tara. The glove also looks to me like it may contain some blood if I am looking at it right.

Now the question is what male was walking around for a few days with a bandage on that area of his hand???????
    Only a latex glove would have held up like that one did. But when I did the experiment, I had to bite real hard on my hand to get a grip on the glove, then I pulled my hand away and only had the glove in my mouth, that action would have left those elongated teeth marks on latex. The final outcome was the glove broke in my mouth leaving that jagged hole.

Yes, the guy would have had a pretty good injury to his hand, probably the padded palm area below the thumb
    Last edited by SuziQ; 07-04-2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: change a word

Only a latex glove would have held up like that one did. But when I did the experiment, I had to bite real hard on my hand to get a grip on the glove, then I pulled my hand away and only had the glove in my mouth, that action would have left those elongated teeth marks on latex. The final outcome was the glove broke in my mouth leaving that jagged hole.

Yes, the guy would have had a pretty good injury to his hand, probably the padded palm area below the thumb
    Thanks for doing that experiment SuzieQ! If this senario is correct then maybe this info will jog someones memory and they will call GBI to report anyone they know that had a bandage left or right hand sometime between 10/23/05 and several days after that date.

Hi AS,

Look at the tips of 2-3 of the fingers...from my experience, they are flat(straight) at the end, and on one, you can basically see where the tip is folded to the inside. It's my opinion we are looking at the inside of the glove.

ETA: The finger that is closest to the bottom left of the picture is the one I'm talking about that really looks like latex gloves that are turned inside out and the finger portion isn't pulled all the way through.

I used my right hand for my test. And just turned the glove inside out and now it looks like I used my left hand but I didn't. So it depends on whether the glove in the pic was inside out or not.
    After viewing the glove once again I do believe you are right that the perp would have that glove on his right hand and the gloves does appear to be turned inside out.

Thanks for doing that experiment SuzieQ! If this senario is correct then maybe this info will jog someones memory and they will call GBI to report anyone they know that had a bandage left or right hand sometime between 10/23/05 and several days after that date.

GBI needs to release the bite info so it will jog someone's memory. I didn't watch the 48 hours episode and will try to get to it tonight.

GBI needs to release the bite info so it will jog someone's memory. I didn't watch the 48 hours episode and will try to get to it tonight.
    ITA! I have emailed Gary Rothwell this link so let's hope he will do just that if all of our thinking is correct.

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    So Tara's saliva would have been on the glove too and they would have a DNA profile of her too...very interesting!!

GBI releases new information in Tara Grinstead case
    The Georgia Bureau of Investigation wants to know whose DNA and fingerprint are on a glove found near the home of an Ocilla woman missing for nearly three years.

GBI releases new information in Tara Grinstead case
    By admin
    PERRY The Georgia Bureau of Investigation wants to know whose DNA and fingerprint are on a glove found near the home of an Ocilla woman missing for nearly three years. The GBI released the new evidence today in the Tara Grinstead case ...

The below were HUGE red flags for me. I think if they stay on Marcus and question all his family, friends, buddies, and acquaintances they will find who the glove belongs to and who helped him get rid of Tara.

Ex-boyfriend, former cop and Army Ranger Marcus Harper. "We learned that Tara and Marcus had had a relationship lasting approximately six years," Rothwell says
    But just two weeks before she disappeared, Marcus told Tara their relationship was over for good. Connie says Tara was "absolutely devastated."

Marcus told journalist and TV host Greta Van Susteren the last time he saw Tara was a week before she vanished when she begged him not to leave her. "She approached me crying, she was very irrational, and she told me that if she found out I was dating someone, she would commit suicide," he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/48hours/main4219397_page2.shtml

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Quote Originally Posted by arielilane View Post
    The below were HUGE red flags for me. I think if they stay on Marcus and question all his family, friends, buddies, and acquaintances they will find who the glove belongs to and who helped him get rid of Tara.

Ex-boyfriend, former cop and Army Ranger Marcus Harper. "We learned that Tara and Marcus had had a relationship lasting approximately six years," Rothwell says
    But just two weeks before she disappeared, Marcus told Tara their relationship was over for good. Connie says Tara was "absolutely devastated."

Marcus told journalist and TV host Greta Van Susteren the last time he saw Tara was a week before she vanished when she begged him not to leave her. "She approached me crying, she was very irrational, and she told me that if she found out I was dating someone, she would commit suicide," he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/48hours/main4219397_page2.shtml
    From the same article:

But Osjha says this doesn't sound like the Tara she knew. "She's never said anything remotely similar to me ever any time."

Rothwell doesn't believe Tara committed suicide either. "The circumstances just don't fit a suicide. And given the search for her, we believe she would have been found by now. It's very difficult to hide your own body," he points out.

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Are you kidding me???

from the linked CBS article:
    snip
    Asked if Tara had put herself in a position in her life where she may have created jealousies or given someone a motive to murder her, Maria says, "I think the fact that she was beautiful and other people paid attention to her would obviously make some people jealous. I think she was afraid of the possibility of someone hurting her from being angry at her, having reactions to her dating people."
    snip

Has this been Maria's position all along; I have to say that this is the first I have heard about it...it is clear she is drawing a line to Tara's close male friends.

It interests me that the article specifies that DNA has been taken from all of those who had a romantic relationship with Tara-what about anyone associated because of an alibi or whatever? For example the officer who MH was riding with; LG; the software salesman who was seen at the school; the guy who processed her car...who does a romantic relationship actually entail??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast