1303 users online (287 members and 1016 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Suspected Terroist activity

This is crazy..I personally think this guy had a more sinister purpose for this substance and the FBI perhaps saved his families life. This man is a entrepuneur, owned his own business etc...no evident problems have surface yet but I think most likely it will come out he was in financial trouble or something along those lines.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6236922

Wow in this age of terroism you would think someone would be interested in this.

The Lake in the Hills man accused Monday of obtaining a highly deadly poison was investigated two years ago in connection with a murder-for-hire plot, according to federal court documents made public this morning.
    and

It is not the first time Bachner has obtained TTX, according to Mahoney's affidavit.

As part of the investigation, agents learned that between November 2006 and May 2008, Bachner placed numerous orders for TTX with the California-based Biotium Inc. According to the company's records, federal documents state, Bachner received at least 64 milligrams of TTX from Biotium.
    http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=214069

Holy crap..I hadn't seen that one yet..Thanks Annie

Wha I want to know is what he did with the toxin that was in those six empty vials?

federal anti-terrorism agents who raided Bachner's home Monday found six empty vials of the substance tetrodotoxin

Illinois is a hot bed for a lot of bad stuff.
    My SIL lives in Harvey and that place is little Mexico.

Illegals, gangs, drugs, dog fighting ...you name it, it is there. It is sick and disgusting.

I am not surprised at all that bad stuff is happening up there. The police there do not care.

To Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    Illinois is a hot bed for a lot of bad stuff.
    My SIL lives in Harvey and that place is little Mexico.

Illegals, gangs, drugs, dog fighting ...you name it, it is there. It is sick and disgusting.

I am not surprised at all that bad stuff is happening up there. The police there do not care.
    Excuse me, but your ignorance and your bigotry is showing.

Lake in The Hills is a rather upscale white community. Not all of Illinois is the same as I am sure that wherever you are is not the same.

And I'm nt going to even get into the little Mexico comment...

Quote Originally Posted by anneinchicago View Post
    Excuse me, but your ignorance and your bigotry is showing.

Lake in The Hills is a rather upscale white community. Not all of Illinois is the same as I am sure that wherever you are is not the same.

And I'm nt going to even get into the little Mexico comment...
    I don't care if you do. I am Hispanic and my family comes from Mexico, so whatever We are up there enough (and own 2 rental properties around the area) to know all that goes on up there. YOU can live in your own little world and I will live in the real one where everything I said is true.
    Harvey, S Holland are crawling with illegal activity that is fueled by illegal aliens and drugs. PERIOD. IT IS TRUE.

I was talking about our experience is Harvey, where indeed, the police do not care.

Ignorance? Hmm....Not so much.
    Bigotry? Not so much Mrs WHITE UPSCALE COMMUNITY.... What, they don't allow blacks in? OR hispanics? I'm sure more than the rich white folks live there.

(and seriously, Being called ignorant...Read up on TOS)

Okey dokey..well first off I live right outside of little Mexico and yes we like all Suburbs have our issues. There are sides of town that are not so great and then there are sides of the town that are good...but please feel free to post where exactly "under the bed" is so that we can feel free to comment on it as you have my hometown..that BTW is no where near or has anything to do with this thread AT ALL!!!!!. The thread is about a man who was quite obviously trying to kill some people here..so maybe we can get back to the thread..and well apparently the police did care cause this man is gonna be locked up for a long long time..

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...0,776304.story

A Lake in the Hills man arrested after he ordered a deadly pufferfish toxin was the beneficiary of a $5 million life insurance policy he had taken out on his wife, federal prosecutors said Monday.

Prosecutors also said Rebecca Bachner was the intended target in 2005 when her husband, Edward Bachner IV, sent out e-mails soliciting a hit man to carry out the "permanent retirement" of a 32-year-old woman.
    -----

Authorities said Bachner, posing as a researcher, had been ordering the toxin from a California company since 2006 in doses large enough to kill 100 people. Another order from a New Jersey company was intercepted by the FBI.

Out of the 64 vials he ordered from California, 25 were recovered, 20 vials had toxin residue in them and 19 are missing, agents said in court.

ETA: Federal prosecutors told the magistrate Monday that the insurance policy had a terrorism rider in which Bachner would get an additional sum if his wife was killed by a terrorist act.
    Last edited by golfmom; 07-07-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: compelling extra info from article

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=215152

19 vials of deadly toxin from McHenry Co. house missing, feds say

Nineteen vials of a lethal toxin obtained illegally by a Lake in the Hills man are missing and unaccounted for, federal authorities said Monday.
    ----
    Asked Monday whether he could say anything to reassure the public about the missing toxin's whereabouts, Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark Karner replied, "No."
    -------
    Also found in the Bachner home, Karner said, was a handgun, more than 50 knives, five garrotes, a phony CIA badge, a precursor to the poison Ricin and books on how to poison people, make gun silencers and hand-to-hand combat.

Authorities previously had disclosed that FBI agents interviewed Bachner in 2006 about a murder-for-hire plot targeting a 32-year-old Chicago area woman. On Monday they said for the first time that the subject of the plot was his wife. He never was charged in connection with those claims, however.

Karner also revealed Monday that Bachner was the beneficiary of his wife's $5 million insurance policy and a second policy that would pay him if she died in a terrorist attack.

I wonder where the missing vials went? Hopefully this man isn't smart enough to have a back up plan in place in case he got arrested and caught, of which he did.

Maybe he's just the middleman. Maybe he purchased them for somebody else.

Jeez. It should be a little bit harder to buy these toxins than it apparently is.

JMO
    "Kicks just keep getting harder to find"....

-Paul Revere and the Raiders

This story just keeps getting creepier and creepier ......

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...0,776304.story

Of the 64 vials that Bachner ordered from the California company, 25 were found intact, 20 had toxin residue in them and 19 were missing, Karner said in court. He declined to comment after the hearing on whether the missing vials or the contents of the empty vials posed a public danger.

Agents also discovered a bank account, unknown to Rebecca Bachner, that has $183,000 in it, Karner said. He said Edward Bachner IV is the partial beneficiary of a $1.5 million trust created by his father, Edward Bachner III.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast