721 users online (115 members and 606 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Video Shows Woman Ignored While Dying in New York Hospital

"The video shows the 49-year-old woman keeling out of her chair at 5:32 a.m. and lying facedown on the floor, then thrashing, before going still. An hour passes before a fellow patient gets the attention of a staffer."

More: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,374321,00.html

Interesting to me that the entire time, Ms. Tan dress is doing absolutely nothing and only starts to raise a fit after fourty five minutes. Someone dies while I'm sitting in a waiting room, and I'm going to making some noise right away.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

But it was a psychiatric ward ER. The patients that saw that, probably see terrible stuff everyday. I'm not sure they would have thought to do anything. The guards on the other hand...that is a different matter. How could they not ask for help?

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Complete apathy is something I just cannot understand. This is reminescent of the woman who died on the airplane after being refused oxygen or the woman who died in the ER waiting room after patients repeated told staffers she was in serious trouble. The security guards should be serve more punishment than just being fired. They stood by while a woman was dying and offered no help.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Geeeezzzzz, that must have been a really bad hospital. Everybody is eventually running around and bringing the crash cart, but nobody even started CPR right away like they should have done. Starting CPR is a very basic thing and it just boggles my mind that nobody even thought of starting it promptly.

This is just horrible. What did she die of? A friend of mine works in Gatesville womens prison in Texas and she told me about a week ago about an inmate who was dying and they just let her die they didn't even try to help her and she was begging them to please help her. She apparently killed her two children by swinging them by their feet bashing their heads in a cement wall. That is the reason my friend gave for them not helping her when she was dying. She said nope they have no sympathy for people like her.

Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    This is just horrible. What did she die of? A friend of mine works in Gatesville womens prison in Texas and she told me about a week ago about an inmate who was dying and they just let her die they didn't even try to help her and she was begging them to please help her. She apparently killed her two children by swinging them by their feet bashing their heads in a cement wall. That is the reason my friend gave for them not helping her when she was dying. She said nope they have no sympathy for people like her.

She deserved to die a horrible slow death. Glad they did not help the evil cow.

I thought the same thing too but then I thought about God and what does he think of that? I am not the judge, jury, executioner...you know what I mean? I am just glad i'm not in that kind of situation I guess. believe me though I thought the SAME thing as you..an eye for an eye!

Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    She deserved to die a horrible slow death. Glad they did not help the evil cow.

Esmin Green, 49, had been waiting in the emergency room for nearly 24 hours when she toppled from her seat at 5:32 a.m. on June 19, falling face down on the floor.
    The psychiatric unit at Kings County Hospital had already been a subject of complaints by advocates for the mentally ill.
    The office of the city's medical examiner said it was still trying to determine why Green died. She had been brought to the hospital suffering from agitation and psychosis, city officials said.
    from http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...AakVgD91L87S00

I'm not faulting the other people in the waiting room who were seeking treatment as they are probably mentally ill..

And, Jesus Christ who does this--

Finally a nurse came to her aid, kicked her and when she did not respond, help finally came, but by then it was too late.
    Kicked her?

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    Complete apathy is something I just cannot understand. This is reminescent of the woman who died on the airplane after being refused oxygen or the woman who died in the ER waiting room after patients repeated told staffers she was in serious trouble. The security guards should be serve more punishment than just being fired. They stood by while a woman was dying and offered no help.
    I thought the airline defended the actions of their staff .. and that after an investigation ... the airline and the staff did all they could to help a diabetic passenger in distress. IIRC .... the airline was not at fault in the case you mentioned.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    I thought the same thing too but then I thought about God and what does he think of that? I am not the judge, jury, executioner...you know what I mean? I am just glad i'm not in that kind of situation I guess. believe me though I thought the SAME thing as you..an eye for an eye!

You are just nicer than I am! And I am OK with that!

I have no pity for anyone who kills a child. NONE.
    I would never lift a finger to help someone who has...in fact, I probably would have spit on her and laughed.

Some people do not deserve pity. EVER. And a mother who kills their children, is one of those. IMO.

Such a sad commentary on the hospital workers as well as the people sitting in the waiting room.

I cant believe these people just sat there, in our hospital it would have been complete chaos, what kind of place is this?

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    Interesting to me that the entire time, Ms. Tan dress is doing absolutely nothing and only starts to raise a fit after fourty five minutes. Someone dies while I'm sitting in a waiting room, and I'm going to making some noise right away.
    Yeah I noticed that too and I agree with you. Then after somebosy else finally does something about it it looks like she was talking **** and wouldn't stay out of the way of the nurses so they could do their job. Even though everyone involved was fired i predict there will be lawsuits a-flyin' and that hospital will be closed down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast