Chimp Missing

The owners have been in the news before. Some of you may have read of the Davis'?

But local authorities didn't view Moe in the same light. For years, the Davises waged a legal battle to keep Moe in their home.

They finally lost in 1999 when Moe bit part of a woman's finger off when she inserted her hand in his cage. The Davises said he mistook her red-painted fingernail for his favorite licorice. The incident also came after Moe mauled a police officer's hand.

Over the Davises' protests, Moe was taken to an animal sanctuary. But in 2005, when they took a cake to celebrate Moe's birthday with him, the couple was viciously attacked by two other chimpanzees who had escaped their cages.
The chimps nearly killed St. James Davis, chewing off his nose, testicles and foot and biting off chunks of his buttocks and legs, before the sanctuary owner shot the animals to death.

The couple then moved Moe to Animal Exotics which is where he escaped from. These people have hired helicopters and searchers.

They are also, IMHO, prime examples of why wild animals, especially primates should not be kept as pets.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=213999

I hate to say it but these people need mental help. A chimp is not a child. I'm sorry but it's not. I agree wild animals should never be kept as pets. Just my opinion.

and it's really sad when animals have to be destroyed because of human stupidity....

Good morning! Is this chimp still missing? I haven't heard anything else about it.

There was a story on 20/20 last night about people raising capuchin monkeys as surrogate children and how things can go bad and they should be free to be monkeys. I hope Moe can make it on his own in the wild at least for a while he she know how it feels to be free.

There was a small hamburger joint in my town years ago and the owner would take her chimp to work with her. It would sit on a stool, but as it got older it climbed a telephone pole and was throwing rocks at passing cars. I don't know how this woman got away with taking a chimp to a restaurant.

There was a small hamburger joint in my town years ago and the owner would take her chimp to work with her. It would sit on a stool, but as it got older it climbed a telephone pole and was throwing rocks at passing cars. I don't know how this woman got away with taking a chimp to a restaurant.

:laughbig::laughbig::laughbig::laughbig:

I know it's wrong but this just struck me funny.:crazy:

My favorite "monkey story" involves my grandmother, who HATES all animals except cats. She went outside to yell for my little cousin, Mandy. So she goes down the steps towards the creek yelling, "Mandy! Maaaaaannndyyyy!" and this monkey comes galloping towards her. She starts running back UP the steps screaming for Mandy with the monkey in hot pursuit. (Central PA is not known for its monkey population.) Anyway, it turned out that it was a pet and its name was (drumroll, please.) Mandy.
We laughed our butts off the whole time.

My favorite "monkey story" involves my grandmother, who HATES all animals except cats. She went outside to yell for my little cousin, Mandy. So she goes down the steps towards the creek yelling, "Mandy! Maaaaaannndyyyy!" and this monkey comes galloping towards her. She starts running back UP the steps screaming for Mandy with the monkey in hot pursuit. (Central PA is not known for its monkey population.) Anyway, it turned out that it was a pet and its name was (drumroll, please.) Mandy.
We laughed our butts off the whole time.

I can just see this poor woman running with the monkey right after her. Her little heart must have been beating a mile a minute. I sure hope it was a small monkey!

Thanks for sharing.

I got a good chuckle out of your mandy monkey story! lol what are the odds? {I now have barry manilows mandy song in my head} haha

But seriously it is so sad when people take wild animals such as chimps and orangutans or any primates as pets. when they get to be about 7 years old their true animal nature comes out and they are extremely strong. 10 men to one of them. so often times people dont see behind the scenes when they train these animals in entertainment they are often abused. Once they get too strong they often end up in a tiny cage in someones basement. the fortunate ones get to go to a nice sanctuary but there aren't enough sanctuaries available for all these amazing animals.
sorry I will get off my soap box now..
www.prime-apes.org is a really beautiful sanctuary who takes care of many orangutans and chimpanzees in florida.
there are pictures and bios there for all of the primates.
Bubbles michael Jackson's first chimp {he has never paid a dime to help for his care} many from the planet of the apes movies, dunston checks in, etc,,,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back