1206 users online (256 members and 950 guests)  

Websleuths News

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain

Found Boy Dies Minutes After Dad Finds Him

So Tragic! This boy was lost in the Amazon Rainforest for 42 days. His father continued looking for him and found him. He died in his dads arms minutes later.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25478830/?GT1=43001
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

WOW.

How sad!

Wow...hopefully at least his son knew that his dad never gave up looking for him.

that is the saddest story I've heard about recently
    My prayers are with that poor father.

This is one of the saddest things I have ever read. He survived SO long.. Oh, bless his heart, and his poor dad. What a horrible ending to what should have been a story of rescue and hope.
    Maria

Seems like the young man waited until his father found him to die. Maybe he didn't need to hold on any longer.

That's just heartbreaking!

"
    "
    "

This story does not make me as sad as others have expressed. I personally find a lot of peace knowing that the father didn't give up and that he found his son. The father can know that he did everything possible to find and save his son. The son may not have been alert enough to be aware his father was there, but I believe that he knew in his sould and in his heart that his father was there and never gave up looking for him. As sad as this may be, I hope the father and family have some peace in knowing that they found the son and that the father was able to be with him during his last moments.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsAndGumdrops View Post
    This story does not make me as sad as others have expressed. I personally find a lot of peace knowing that the father didn't give up and that he found his son. The father can know that he did everything possible to find and save his son. The son may not have been alert enough to be aware his father was there, but I believe that he knew in his sould and in his heart that his father was there and never gave up looking for him. As sad as this may be, I hope the father and family have some peace in knowing that they found the son and that the father was able to be with him during his last moments.
    There is comfort in that for sure..such tragedy but at least they got to be with each other in the end.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsAndGumdrops View Post

That is a beautiful way of looking at it. My first inclination was to be struck at the tragedy of it. The sorrow and disappointment the father must have felt finding his son and then having him die minutes later.

Someone said something about the son holding on until his dad got there which reminded me of my Grandmother. She was dying in the hospital of Parkinson's and she was delirious but she kept saying she was waiting for Jim, her son, who was flying in from Texas to get to her and within thirty minutes of his arrival she passed on.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

How sad, I don't have words for what a tragedy this is.

This is heart breaking - the elation the father must have had initially felt only to have it taken away again moments later.