A scenario I was thinking about...

CharlieBrown

Reaction score
Hello! I'm not as well read as everyone here, but I thought I would throw this out there for your consideration. Sorry if it has already been discussed and I missed it.

Let's suppose that an intruder did indeed kill JonBenet. Patsy is awoken by a noise and checks JB's room to discover that she is missing. She frantically searches the house, and discovers JB's body. Upon discovering the body, she suffers a breakdown and enters a fugue state, or a break with reality. She wraps JB in her favorite blanket, places her body in the wine cellar {out of sight, out of mind), and in her mind creates a reality in which JB is still alive. She writes the ransom note as a way to give credibility to this alternate reality that she has imagined. All the while telling herself that JB isn't really dead, it's all just a bad dream. At this point, Patsy is like a child who has closed his/her eyes to reality and wished a bad situation away. Whether or not she realizes later what she has done, who knows?

Feedback appreciated!

Hello! I'm not as well read as everyone here, but I thought I would throw this out there for your consideration. Sorry if it has already been discussed and I missed it.

Let's suppose that an intruder did indeed kill JonBenet. Patsy is awoken by a noise and checks JB's room to discover that she is missing. She frantically searches the house, and discovers JB's body. Upon discovering the body, she suffers a breakdown and enters a fugue state, or a break with reality. She wraps JB in her favorite blanket, places her body in the wine cellar {out of sight, out of mind), and in her mind creates a reality in which JB is still alive. She writes the ransom note as a way to give credibility to this alternate reality that she has imagined. All the while telling herself that JB isn't really dead, it's all just a bad dream. At this point, Patsy is like a child who has closed his/her eyes to reality and wished a bad situation away. Whether or not she realizes later what she has done, who knows?

Feedback appreciated!

No matter how one tries to spin it the intruder simply never existed.

Feedback appreciated!

She didn't sound like a child on the 911 call.

JW why new scenarios and new posters who haven't posted bf are popping up on old cases w. new theories? it's not just here.

Feedback appreciated!
And John too?

And is this a known psychological phenomenon? I mean, are there other cases where a parent discovers their child has been murdered, and their first reaction is to write a long, rambling ransom note? Hmmm, thought not. I would say, there are some rather more likely scenarios than this, and if you think Patsy wrote the note, RDI is the obvious way to go.

In the beginning I believed maybe there was an intruder but eventually after reading a theory explained in a very intelligible way I believe Patsy killed JonBenet and just acted like these women who get pregnant and killed their baby and pretend it never happened. Probably by scare of her husband's reaction maybe also after just having apparently got rid of cancer which must have been a big whew for her she wasn't ready to go in other troubles. I don't get why people are so hateful with her. They didn't witness the crime nor read her thoughts. Many parents have movements of exasperation towards their children it doesn't make them complete monsters for so much and most are lucky nothing bad happened. Then that a mother looses her mind after killing her daughter is comprehensible. That she hides that to her whole family is understandable too, she didn't want to loose her husband. I don't say it's ok but I must confess that all the comments I read about the Ramsey family were so hateful that I ended by convincing myself that, see how nasty the people who sent that were in their comments, they could only be wrong. Then I changed my mind. However I don't believe the whole family conspired, and I find it's a pity how some people take pleasure in these horrible comments on a family they don't know. It was probably just the story of an accident and a woman unable to face it.

Welcome Warsaw! Although I think your scenario is very unlikely it doesn't hurt any of us to read something new once in awhile. I suggest you read up on this case and post a sceanrio that could possibly include all or most of the evidence. And I don't mean to sound rude but I also suggest you grow thicker skin because even though we are not all mean or rude, it sounds like what you've read so far here has hurt your feelings, and man, this is nothing! Welcome again and I'll look forward to hearing from you again.:)

Don't crawl back in your hole. Stay- and read and learn. THEN formulate a theory. It really is better when you are more informed.
Yes, people snap and finding a dead child can alter a parents' mental state, but NOT the way you suggest. And it wouldn't last 11 years.
No one would stage the crime and write a ransom note to "explain" that an intruder killed their child, not to mention getting their husband to join in.
Would a parent lose it after finding their murdered child? Yes- but they'd have a breakdown, and they'd want to cooperate with LE to find the intruder, not block their attempts.

In the beginning I believed maybe there was an intruder but eventually after reading a theory explained in a very intelligible way I believe Patsy killed JonBenet and just acted like these women who get pregnant and killed their baby and pretend it never happened. Probably by scare of her husband's reaction maybe also after just having apparently got rid of cancer which must have been a big whew for her she wasn't ready to go in other troubles. I don't get why people are so hateful with her. They didn't witness the crime nor read her thoughts. Many parents have movements of exasperation towards their children it doesn't make them complete monsters for so much and most are lucky nothing bad happened. Then that a mother looses her mind after killing her daughter is comprehensible. That she hides that to her whole family is understandable too, she didn't want to loose her husband. I don't say it's ok but I must confess that all the comments I read about the Ramsey family were so hateful that I ended by convincing myself that, see how nasty the people who sent that were in their comments, they could only be wrong. Then I changed my mind. However I don't believe the whole family conspired, and I find it's a pity how some people take pleasure in these horrible comments on a family they don't know. It was probably just the story of an accident and a woman unable to face it.

it's not just that they killed her and covered it up...(accident or not...I don't know).It's also the way they lied,led ppl on,wasted taxpayer money,and threw so many innocent ppl under the Ramsey bus,without probable cause or provocation.They ruined many ppl's lives and reputations,(including their own former friends),starting with the sickly Santa Bill.They placed a heck of a lot of stress onto someone who'd just had open heart surgery,and that in itself is totally despicable..actually beyond despicable.I'm not sure there is a word in the English language for it.
The way they acted,it's not difficult to see there's no doubt they would have let someone...anyone..even their former friends...go down for it.Even to their death,if you ask me.

(I'm not trying to disagree w. you,btw),it's just that many ppl don't know just how awful the R's acted and how far their actions went in an attempt to cover it all up.
Last but not least,don't for get JB.The R's betrayed their own daughter to the day Patsy died,to this day still.How would JB feel about that? I try to put myself in her shoes,and I know it would be beyond awful.I wouldn't ever care to see my family again if they'd done that to me.I believe God has protected her to some extent from knowing all that happens on earth,even so,knowing or not,it is still such a painful,negative thing to do to your own child.

Hi Warsaw. Don't take it to heart. In fact, your post spurred me into making I think my first comment on the whole JonBenet case, so if your intention was to stimulate debate...you did!

BTW, your second comment made me smile.

Feedback appreciated!
Hi Warsaw,
the circumstantial evidence found the crime scene contradicts your theory.
For fibers from Patsy's jacket were found in the wrappings of the garrote handle, the paint tote and on the duct tape. This implicates her as the main stager of the scene, who tried to conceal what really happened to JonBenet.

At first when I heard of this case many moons ago, I didnt believe or didnt want to believe that Patsy and John could do such a terrible thing to such a lovely child. Over the years and the more I read I think I finally accepted that they probably did do it. There was just too many things after the fact that made no sense about their behaviour. I just posted a story in Up to the Minute called Mummy's Little Lolita and looking at the pics of the 11 year old child in that story all dolled up like a Barbie reminded me so much of JonBenet. If anyone wants to go read it and tell me what they think.....
So sad:mad:

I don't think that kind of behavior would represent a fugue state..typically,someone in that condition would walk around not knowing who or where they are,as if they're in a brain fog,but I don't think the scenario you propose would be a fugue.
There was a case on Unsolved Mysteries a few yrs ago,where the parents of a man thought he'd gone into a fugue state due to a situation that was causing him severe anxiety,and a trucker thought he'd seen him.His description was of a guy who seemed to be in a brain fog,wondering around aimlessly.The guy's dad was a Dr.,and thought that might be him.(if you've seen this episode,I think the parents were just in denial,I really think the guy jumped off the bridge where he'd parked his car (after all,he parked his car there for a reason),and his body just wasn't found due to the currents).
Here's a description from wikipedia:

A Fugue state is a state of mind characterized by abandonment of personal identity, along with the memories, personality and other identifying characteristics of individuality.

and here's the whole article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugue_state

Thanks for the feedback. I was just kidding about crawling back in my hole. :)

My scenario is probably better suited for a tv movie on Lifetime.

Don't stop posting. If we all decided to crawl back into the hole, this site would not exsist.
You ideas, theories, questions and statements are welcome - always.
Welcome to Websleuths!

Don't stop posting. If we all decided to crawl back into the hole, this site would not exsist.
You ideas, theories, questions and statements are welcome - always.
Welcome to Websleuths!
I agree,and I'm only stating that if Patsy did break with reality,it wasn't a fugue state.But I would think that would happen more so if she was the one who killed her,or knew who did.IMO,an intruder scenario would likely pose immediate shock and denial that she was dead,and prompt a 911 call right then and there.
And actually I do think she did it or knew who did,and did crack a bit,perhaps from the meds and stress,when she did the Jackie Kennedy reenactment at JB's funeral.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back