Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 345

Thread: Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #5

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,539

    Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #5

    Please continue discussion here.

    Links to previous and similar threads can be found at the very bottom of the page.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Barre, Vermont
    Posts
    42
    I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a political discussion. It's very obvious, even from my short time on this forum, that a lot of people will not see eye to eye on this issue.
    Be as it may, the librarian did what she did. Some will like it, some won't but ultimately, this thread is about Brooke and I'm hoping we can keep it focused on her search. Please? Maybe?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,666
    Littledeer, I hear you about your family with four girls and one of them (apparently) escaping the abuse, but in this case, I think it's much more likely that the stepdad chose her mother to marry because she had a daughter. The large age difference between mom and perv stepdad has shown up before in other cases (e.g., Rowan Ford).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,557
    do we have a map of where brook was last seen in town, to where the clothes were found, then to jacques place?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    I wonder where Ray was when Heaven LaShae Ross disappeared?

  6. #6
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,230
    i understand your point FW, however i think that the discussion regarding the library's computers falls under the search for Brooke and not a political discussion. All of the cases like this give us a chance to assess and learn about LE techniques and what would have worked better given what they were/are faced with. Would instant access to the computers without a warrant lead to information that is essential for recovery of Brooke? And did the lack of access destroy or compromise information?

    We will see I guess.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,287
    I took alook around the news, can't find when Gagnon is due in court. anyone hear?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Barre, Vermont
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    i understand your point FW, however i think that the discussion regarding the library's computers falls under the search for Brooke and not a political discussion. All of the cases like this give us a chance to assess and learn about LE techniques and what would have worked better given what they were/are faced with. Would instant access to the computers without a warrant lead to information that is essential for recovery of Brooke? And did the lack of access destroy or compromise information?

    We will see I guess.

    I just don't want it to get "needlessly ugly" I guess... I'm really not one for censorship but... you know how those conversations can turn out...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by swanniee11 View Post
    I took alook around the news, can't find when Gagnon is due in court. anyone hear?
    I have tried finding a time for todays court hearing also with no luck. If you find out please let me know. Thanks!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,591
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    i understand your point FW, however i think that the discussion regarding the library's computers falls under the search for Brooke and not a political discussion. All of the cases like this give us a chance to assess and learn about LE techniques and what would have worked better given what they were/are faced with. Would instant access to the computers without a warrant lead to information that is essential for recovery of Brooke? And did the lack of access destroy or compromise information?

    We will see I guess.
    Exaclty. I don't see it as political in this instance one bit.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Barre, Vermont
    Posts
    42
    Gotcha. Shut up FourWands.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,395
    All political discussion will remain off Brooks thread. Political discussion will remain on the PP forum. Ediwin Hall's forum had a political discussion thread that went south and was moved to the PP forum so the rules will apply to Brooks thread as well.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,287
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    i understand your point FW, however i think that the discussion regarding the library's computers falls under the search for Brooke and not a political discussion. All of the cases like this give us a chance to assess and learn about LE techniques and what would have worked better given what they were/are faced with. Would instant access to the computers without a warrant lead to information that is essential for recovery of Brooke? And did the lack of access destroy or compromise information?

    We will see I guess.
    I have to agree, LE has been tight lipped and covered all bases that they came across from what I can tell so far, Honestly, it's probably a good thing he got a warrant so that if he did find something it can be used against whomever and there wouldnt be an argument, as for needing one, thats a whole different topic. I sure do hope he does get more info as to where Brooke is.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,591
    Quote Originally Posted by FourWands View Post
    Gotcha. Shut up FourWands.
    Don't be silly, you're point was a good one

  15. #15
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,230
    Quote Originally Posted by FourWands View Post
    Gotcha. Shut up FourWands.
    NOOOOOOO-please do not take this as such!!!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    69
    The news this morning (I live in MA) is that they are close to finding Brooke. I hope that she ran away and hid somewhere with friends to get away from her stepfather and uncle. How terrible this story is getting. A sex ring yikes that is disgusting.

    If she is dead you can bet the Uncle did it. What a creepy looking guy.

    He also was the one who "found" pieces of her clothing. He knew just where they were didn't he.

    I saw her biological father on TV. Not exactly wonderful either. He knew the Uncle had a history of child abuse, but he wasn't worried, since it "was a long time ago" DUH!!!!!! The whole family sounds sick. And where oh where is Mommy, not one word out of her asking where her daughter is. That is very suspicious.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    33
    Gagnon's hearing is at 1pm today

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    69
    Thanks for the info on the hearing

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Aunt View Post
    Gagnon's hearing is at 1pm today
    Thank you very much Brooks Aunt. Welcome to WS. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this hard time. Praying today is the day Brooke is found safe and sound.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    33
    We are all hoping to hear something soon.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Up on the A1, by Scotch Corner
    Posts
    16,398

    We want those.

    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I understand the frustration, but I think she took the correct action...(ducking)
    In these times, where a defense attorney will do anything they can to prevent real evidence from being brought to bear againast a client they know is guilty, I understand the action. Suppose the library search produced damning evidence that was thrown out at trial due to a lack of warrant? It happens.

    As I read the article a warrant was obtained fairly quickly while people waited and no evidence was lost.
    Μολὼν λαβέ



    Email me

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Aunt View Post
    We are all hoping to hear something soon.
    Praying for you! Hoping she is safe and just ran from all of this.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    306
    Did we find out for sure if this is Brookes MySpace? http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=358797754
    Shows someone online right now. LE maybe?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    69
    Brooks Aunt, are you really her aunt? Are you the wife of the suspect? I hope not

    I just hope they find her soon.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,950
    Yes that is one of Brookes myspace accounts I believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by rccook555 View Post
    Did we find out for sure if this is Brookes MySpace? http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=358797754
    Shows someone online right now. LE maybe?

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased VT - Brooke Bennett, 12, Randolph, June 2008
    By murraydwyer in forum Located! Information and Support
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 10:35 AM
  2. Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #4
    By christine2448 in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 444
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 09:03 AM
  3. Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #3
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 391
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 03:20 PM
  4. Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #2
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 02:19 AM
  5. Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT
    By vtgirl in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 616
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 02:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •