1250 users online (297 members and 953 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UT - University of Utah Hospital receives bomb threat

http://www.kutv.com/content/news/top...1-7a49628d0738

My mom works there as an EKG tech. She just emailed to tell me not to freak out (She knows I keep an eye on the news there). They are evacuating the patients at this time according to her.

If anyone see's anymore on this, PLEASE post, I have more than one family member working there and am anxious to know they, as well as all the staff and patients are safe.

Thanks in advance.
    There is always HOPE!!!

I hope it's a stupid hoax!

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    I hope it's a stupid hoax!
    Me too, Floh.
    Besides worrying about my mom and my cousin, I am very worried about some of the patients who will have to be moved.
    Some of the IC unit patients and burn patients, it is extremely dangerous for them to be moved out of their sterilized area's.

My prayers are going out 100 fold right now for everyone involved.
    And if this IS a hoax, I hope this guy never see's the light of day when they catch him.

Not verified: But I heard that the anonymous caller keeps calling back and stating he is angry because he was not seeing any evacuations. But I also heard that the police have already completed 2 sweeps of the main building and are moving onto surrounding buildings.
    There is always HOPE!!!

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9765178

Posted: 11:47 AM- The University of Utah hospital is restricting access this afternoon after someone phoned in a bomb threat around 10:30 this morning.
    Hospital spokesman Phil Sahm said officials are not evacuating the hospital and he does not know whether they are stopping people from entering.

I am a little bothered by the fact that news outlets keep stating they are not evacuating patients, because I know differently. I also know that calls have been/are being made to other hospitals and even nursing homes in the area to determine how many patients they can take in.

I guess they are trying to keep the panic down.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Isn't it odd StillHoping that you know first hand what REALLY is going on? Prayers to you, your mom and everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Isn't it odd StillHoping that you know first hand what REALLY is going on? Prayers to you, your mom and everyone involved.
    Well, I wish I really did know what was going on, even though I have a little more info than some. I'm terrified right now even though I know it is probably a hoax. I keep thinking about the fact that this could be a hoax and some patients could still die because of this.

Thanks so much for your prayers. I'm in full on panic mode right now and it helps to know others are praying too.
    There is always HOPE!!!

I am currently unable to verify this info, but another cousin told me that the Hospital has gone to a Code Purple meaning the bomb threat was cleared and things should be going back to normal.

I hope this is the case. If anyone hears anything formal on that, please post here. Thanks again.
    There is always HOPE!!!

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9771874

My mom said they did evacuate any patients who were Outpatient and capable of leaving without suffering complications.
    I'm so grateful they didn't have to move patients who would have been at risk.
    Apparently the caller made at least 4 calls, and the 4th time, was stating that he was irritated that nobody was evacuating, at this time they felt he was serious and started calling other hospitals etc. to arrange for patients to be transferred. However, a short time later, a second sweep was completed and everything was cleared.
    There is always HOPE!!!