815 users online (200 members and 615 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Monster crab with claws the size of a man's hand captured

I'm preparing to boil the water now....
    YUM

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I'm preparing to boil the water now....
    YUM
    Too much for you to handle toby

yummy yummy! Though, aren't they difficult to cook evenly when they are that large?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

When I think of crabs, I think of...body lice...
    I'm just sayin.....

I'm kind of sad the crab was eaten. It would have been a great addition to an aquarium.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsAndGumdrops View Post
    I'm kind of sad the crab was eaten. It would have been a great addition to an aquarium.
    I agree 100%. Or returned to live out his days where he belongs.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Yeah, why not just leave it where it was? I'm a meat eater myself but I don't really see the point of something like OMG ITZ HUGE lets eat it!! Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
    Yeah, why not just leave it where it was? I'm a meat eater myself but I don't really see the point of something like OMG ITZ HUGE lets eat it!! Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    I would imagine the meat was kind of tough being that it was so big.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64 View Post
    Too much for you to handle toby
    whachoo talkin bout willis?

Mmmm dinner....

Yeah, I would have eaten it too. To me it would be scrumptious food.

I wouldnt have ate it but I'd have ran away from it like a big baby

That is kind of sad...aren't the really big ones quite old? I remember something about a huge lobster that was caught somewhere..I think he was donated to an aquarium (maybe lol I can't remember for sure) because he was so old. I think they figured he must have been in his 60's or so IIRC. For a lobster thats ancient I guess!

I wish the poor creature could have been left alone. Sounds as though he/she was king/queen of its domain. This reminded me of something and I hope you don't mind but I had to share. Five years ago my father came over and he had two huge live crabs a friend had given him at the pub tied up in a hessian sack. He put the sack in the laundry tubs under a dripping tap. Dad was thrilled about these 'beauties'. He loves seafood. I was very upset. I pictured the poor things in the dark sack, terrified, wondering what gives and knowing they were helpless. I begged Dad to let them go. I offered to pay him and buy him a seafood dinner if he would let them go in the river. He said "No. Don't be bloody ridiculous". Half an hour passed and I was still trying to think of ways to save them when Dad came to me and said (reluctantly) "I 'spose (sigh) I can let 'em go." We drove to the river bank. Dad had a this-is-ridiculous-I-can't-believe-I'm doing-this expression the whole way. We got out of the car and Dad used a knife to untie the string binding them. He gave me a look when he cut his thumb with this knife. After they were freed the crabs scuttled down the concrete steps and into the river hopefully wise enough to avoid traps this time. They would fall down one step onto their back, right themselves, and repeat the process till they got all the way down to the river. Dad had such a sad look on his face when he watched the crabs bob away. I was very tempted to sing "Born Free" but thought better of it. In the car Dad was silent but once we got home he made me promise not to tell anyone. I'm sure when his friend asked him about them Dad said something like "They were delicious mate."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast