1355 users online (303 members and 1052 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Man Shot at GA Starbucks - Assassination Attempt?

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...svc=7&cxcat=13

A man was shot repeatedly by an apparent would-be assassin Wednesday night inside a southwest Atlanta Starbucks.

Witnesses say a gunman walked into the coffee shop and shot a man sitting at a table point-blank four times. A second man was also hit, apparently by a bullet that had ricocheted, said witness Karmen Sneed, who was also a customer.

Fulton County Police spokeswoman Kay Lester said the shootings took place at around 9:15 p.m. but didn't say whether the victims were targeted. The men's injuries were not life-threatening, she said.

"I was three feet away," Sneed said. "At first I thought it was some sort of 4th of July fireworks or something."

She said the gunman addressed the man before he shot him, using an expletive.

After the shooting, the gunman left the store, shooting a few more rounds into the sky, Sneed said.

One of the victims, the man who was apparently the target, was left in a pool of his own blood. He was conscious immediately afterward, Sneed said.

"He was in shock, sweating profusely," said Sneed, adding the man appeared to be in his 60s. "He looked scared."

Sneed said there were about 20 customers inside Starbucks at the time, some of whom got a good look at the shooter.

By midnight Wednesday, police were removing crime scene tape from outside the business. They towed away two trucks from the parking lot, including one pickup with Alabama tags.

Police aren't releasing any further details.

What does this sound like to you? A 60yo victim is a little old to be part of a gang thing, right? Or am I wrong.

Also, the fact that he was shot 4 times point blank but has no life threatening injuries and was conscious immediately after makes me think he might have been wearing a vest. Like he was expecting it.

And the shooter addressed him. So perhaps they know each other and this is an ongoing situation.

What would cause someone who thought their life was at risk to sit at Starbucks drinking a coffee?

Something about this story really caught my eye. I wonder if it will just disappear or if we will hear more. Hopefully not that this man died a different way. Hopefully that they caught the shooter.

Am I crazy or is this a weird story?

Assassination attempt? yes, IMO.

What's frightening is that the moron fired four rounds at point blank range and did not kill his target.

Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by XcomSquaddie View Post
    What's frightening is that the moron fired four rounds at point blank range and did not kill his target.

Idiot.
    I was thinking teh same thing.

Idiot.

He sucks at the whole "assassin" thing. He should have grabbed a Starbucks application on his way out.

Something sounds funny about this story.

Idiot.
    I thought that too.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Funny peculiar, or funny ha ha?

Here is an updated article. The man shot, Hardwick, is an attorney and is in critical condition at Grady. This could be some legal area that the perps were not happy about.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...svc=7&cxcat=13

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Was the target a politician or other public figure in the past, in addition to being a 60 year old attorney now? I am trying to figure out the term used in the thread title: " Assassination attempt" vs " Murder attempt".
    Assassination is usually a word reserved for highly visible public officials. Murder is used for the rest of the populace.

"Acquiring a pet may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative".

This is MY truth, and this is my new baby puppy, Beau Monde.
    He will be joined in July by a tiny playmate.
    Please spay and neuter your dogs and cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    Funny peculiar, or funny ha ha?

Sorry, Floh, I meant funny peculiar.
    Imo, it doesn't sound like a random shooting and it definitely sounds like the person shot wore a vest--- as you previously said.

Knowing now that the victim is an attorney makes more sense to me. Perhaps the victim was the attorney in a divorce case that went bad for the suspect. Or he was an attorney for a victim in another crime that the suspect was involved in. I hope this poor man survives!

Looks like he was the city attorney in 1998

http://apps.atlantaga.gov/citycounci...es/fcm0105.htm

I wonder if this is the same Clifford Hardwick. If so...

http://savannahnow.com/node/193729

Son of former alderman Clifford Hardwick shot and killed in Las Vegas.

The son of a former Savannah alderman was shot and killed Tuesday in a Las Vegas suburb...

Clifford Hardwick took over the unexpired term of Robbie Robinson, who was killed by a mail bomb in 1989.

In 2006 it appears that he was representing an adult club whose license was suspended for 15 days due to"Opposition concerns: Operational Hours,
    Allegations of shootings during the night hours, prostitution and the need
    for licensee to be a good neighbor."

(see page 15 http://www.atlantapd.org/lrb/101706MINUTES.pdf)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast