1509 users online (262 members and 1247 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UK - Laurent Bonomo & Gabriel Ferez, both 23, murdered, Lewisham, 29 June 2008

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4260737.ece

"Mr Bonomo was stabbed 196 times, he said. Almost 100 of those wounds were inflicted to his back after his death. Mr Ferez suffered almost 50 injuries."
    Last edited by snarkymalarkey; 07-03-2008 at 08:52 AM. Reason: add quote

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I just read about this. I wonder if they were a couple and it was a jealous lover/ex-boyfriend who murdered them. It has all the signs of a 'passion' killing.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Rudolf is offline Sociopaths are 4% of the general population; That's 1 in 25.
    Hi,
    This is my first post to websleuths, so I hope its a good contribution. I remember somewhere in this site was a post about bio-chemists being killed, or "disappeared". I think that these men were also bio-chemists. Does anyone think that this is a coincidence, or part of a pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf View Post
    Hi,
    This is my first post to websleuths, so I hope its a good contribution. I remember somewhere in this site was a post about bio-chemists being killed, or "disappeared". I think that these men were also bio-chemists. Does anyone think that this is a coincidence, or part of a pattern?
    Hey Rudolf and welcome to Websleuths!! It was a good first post!!

Do you remember if the other bio-chemists were murdered in the same fashion? It seems to me that someone being stabbed this number of times, especially after death, is quite personal. They say that this type of overkill signifies a great deal of rage.

Hi Jeana,
    The missing biochemists mention came up in the forum for "missing male college students". I don't remember the specifics, but I don't think violence was involved and now(of course) I can't find the reference!
    I agree that these deaths were overkill, and like you say, indicative of enormous rage. Is there any report of similar deaths or attacks in England or the continent? If the deaths weren't personal, that is, if the killer didn't know the victims, it seems likely
    that there might have been other incidents. The level of energy needed to do this sort of thing must be astounding.

Hi Jeana,
    The missing biochemists mention came up in the forum for "missing male college students". I don't remember the specifics, but I don't think violence was involved and now(of course) I can't find the reference!
    I agree that these deaths were overkill, and like you say, indicative of enormous rage. Is there any report of similar deaths or attacks in England or the continent? If the deaths weren't personal, that is, if the killer didn't know the victims, it seems likely
    that there might have been other incidents. The level of energy needed to do this sort of thing must be astounding.
    Thanks for the reply If the perp didn't know these two victims personally, do you think that there is some sort of rage against the profession itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    Thanks for the reply If the perp didn't know these two victims personally, do you think that there is some sort of rage against the profession itself.
    I think you hit the nail on the head with *IF* the perp didn't know them personally. It does seem very personal, doesn't it, and I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't. I was just startled by recently reading about the missing biochemist thread and then reading that these guys were in the same field.
    At second glance, they seem to be very disparate incidents. Anyway, there is sure rage about something. Gaia227 thinks a passion killing. My money is on some kind of professional rivalry. Sex and/or Power, a couple of classic motives.
    Last edited by Rudolf; 07-03-2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: bad spelling

I think you hit the nail on the head with *IF* the perp didn't know them personally. It does seem very personal, doesn't it, and I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't. I was just startled by recently reading about the missing biochemist thread and then reading that these guys were in the same field.
    At second glance, they seem to be very disparate incidents. Anyway, there is sure rage about something. Gaia227 thinks a passion killing. My money is on some kind of professional rivalry. Sex and/or Power, a couple of classic motives.
    Rudolf, I believe this page may interest you:

http://www.apfn.org/APFN/scientists.htm

I think this double-murder was totally unrelated, though. It has the earmarks of a meth- or crackhead type murder, with the frenzied overkill, torture, etc.

With most crimes, even ones this horrific and brutal, you think horses when hearing hoofbeats, not Zebras. Some worldwide effort to wipe out biochemists, even when they're still just students, would be a herd of zebras. A maniac, a psychopath out of his mind on drugs -- definitely horses.

Steve

Three people involved?

My first thoughts were: a homosexual rage murder, or drugs.

The police are apparently now putting it about that this was 'related to an earlier burglary'. The main question for me is how so many stab wounds were inflicted on two people, who were both, I hear, bound and gagged before being set on fire.

Surely there must have been three people at least involved to have committed all of that on two people?

My provisional view now? - drugs.

New Cross is an area of south London awash with cocaine and cannabis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHuff View Post
    Rudolf, I believe this page may interest you:

http://www.apfn.org/APFN/scientists.htm

I think this double-murder was totally unrelated, though. It has the earmarks of a meth- or crackhead type murder, with the frenzied overkill, torture, etc.

With most crimes, even ones this horrific and brutal, you think horses when hearing hoofbeats, not Zebras. Some worldwide effort to wipe out biochemists, even when they're still just students, would be a herd of zebras. A maniac, a psychopath out of his mind on drugs -- definitely horses.

Steve
    Thank you SO much for the link.
    You are right, of course. It's a herd of horses thats galloping around, not zebras. It's going to be very interesting to see how this resolves.

Update..they are saying this was all for a robbery
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-robbery.html
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
    Update..they are saying this was all for a robbery
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-robbery.html
    That's incredibly sad and incredibly scary.
    Last edited by Rudolf; 07-05-2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: spelling

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/ju...d=networkfront

how sad that this may have all been for 2 gaming consoles and a laptop

Re-posting BBC link

I posted this link about the case earlier, from the BBC news website, together with a comment, but my post seems to have been removed for some reason:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7491122.stm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were not gay an article said one of the guy's girlfriend posted on his facebook page.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast