GUILTY UK - Laurent Bonomo & Gabriel Ferez, both 23, murdered, Lewisham, 29 June 2008

I just read about this. I wonder if they were a couple and it was a jealous lover/ex-boyfriend who murdered them. It has all the signs of a 'passion' killing.

Hi,
This is my first post to websleuths, so I hope its a good contribution. I remember somewhere in this site was a post about bio-chemists being killed, or "disappeared". I think that these men were also bio-chemists. Does anyone think that this is a coincidence, or part of a pattern?

Hi,
This is my first post to websleuths, so I hope its a good contribution. I remember somewhere in this site was a post about bio-chemists being killed, or "disappeared". I think that these men were also bio-chemists. Does anyone think that this is a coincidence, or part of a pattern?

Hey Rudolf and welcome to Websleuths!! It was a good first post!!

Do you remember if the other bio-chemists were murdered in the same fashion? It seems to me that someone being stabbed this number of times, especially after death, is quite personal. They say that this type of overkill signifies a great deal of rage.

Hi Jeana,
The missing biochemists mention came up in the forum for "missing male college students". I don't remember the specifics, but I don't think violence was involved and now(of course) I can't find the reference!
I agree that these deaths were overkill, and like you say, indicative of enormous rage. Is there any report of similar deaths or attacks in England or the continent? If the deaths weren't personal, that is, if the killer didn't know the victims, it seems likely
that there might have been other incidents. The level of energy needed to do this sort of thing must be astounding.

Hi Jeana,
The missing biochemists mention came up in the forum for "missing male college students". I don't remember the specifics, but I don't think violence was involved and now(of course) I can't find the reference!
I agree that these deaths were overkill, and like you say, indicative of enormous rage. Is there any report of similar deaths or attacks in England or the continent? If the deaths weren't personal, that is, if the killer didn't know the victims, it seems likely
that there might have been other incidents. The level of energy needed to do this sort of thing must be astounding.

Thanks for the reply If the perp didn't know these two victims personally, do you think that there is some sort of rage against the profession itself.

Thanks for the reply If the perp didn't know these two victims personally, do you think that there is some sort of rage against the profession itself.

I think you hit the nail on the head with *IF* the perp didn't know them personally. It does seem very personal, doesn't it, and I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't. I was just startled by recently reading about the missing biochemist thread and then reading that these guys were in the same field.
At second glance, they seem to be very disparate incidents. Anyway, there is sure rage about something. Gaia227 thinks a passion killing. My money is on some kind of professional rivalry. Sex and/or Power, a couple of classic motives.

I think you hit the nail on the head with *IF* the perp didn't know them personally. It does seem very personal, doesn't it, and I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't. I was just startled by recently reading about the missing biochemist thread and then reading that these guys were in the same field.
At second glance, they seem to be very disparate incidents. Anyway, there is sure rage about something. Gaia227 thinks a passion killing. My money is on some kind of professional rivalry. Sex and/or Power, a couple of classic motives.

Rudolf, I believe this page may interest you:

http://www.apfn.org/APFN/scientists.htm

I think this double-murder was totally unrelated, though. It has the earmarks of a meth- or crackhead type murder, with the frenzied overkill, torture, etc.

With most crimes, even ones this horrific and brutal, you think horses when hearing hoofbeats, not Zebras. Some worldwide effort to wipe out biochemists, even when they're still just students, would be a herd of zebras. A maniac, a psychopath out of his mind on drugs -- definitely horses.

Steve

My first thoughts were: a homosexual rage murder, or drugs.

The police are apparently now putting it about that this was 'related to an earlier burglary'. The main question for me is how so many stab wounds were inflicted on two people, who were both, I hear, bound and gagged before being set on fire.

Surely there must have been three people at least involved to have committed all of that on two people?

My provisional view now? - drugs.

New Cross is an area of south London awash with cocaine and cannabis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rudolf, I believe this page may interest you:

http://www.apfn.org/APFN/scientists.htm

I think this double-murder was totally unrelated, though. It has the earmarks of a meth- or crackhead type murder, with the frenzied overkill, torture, etc.

With most crimes, even ones this horrific and brutal, you think horses when hearing hoofbeats, not Zebras. Some worldwide effort to wipe out biochemists, even when they're still just students, would be a herd of zebras. A maniac, a psychopath out of his mind on drugs -- definitely horses.

Steve
Thank you SO much for the link.
You are right, of course. It's a herd of horses thats galloping around, not zebras. It's going to be very interesting to see how this resolves.

In the end this case will be just another hideous robbery gone crazy.....poor young guys were just innocently playing Playstation and then all of a sudden a crazy, creep just kills them . I wonder how this low life got into the apartment?

Talk about Overkill though:eek:......the guy must be a total psychopath:mad:

Talk about Overkill though:eek:......the guy must be a total psychopath:mad:
I was thinking the same...just totally crazy..
Scary that he was out on the streets and burgling houses...

Wow, I am surprised. Initially I was sure this was a personal vendetta. Overkill for sure. I wonder if the perps were not high on something like meth, crack or coke.

Latest report on BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7491831.stm

FACTS:

2 men killed

both high-flying biochemistry students

240 stab wounds

both bound and gagged

both set alight.

SPECULATION:

just one person as the killer? - unlikely

just a lone 'crackhead'? - unlikely

just for little more than two games consoles? - unlikely

two or more people involved as the killers? - more likely

drug dealing involved? - no suggestion of it so far, but even university students can dabble in drug-dealing for money

jealous/rage/revenge attack? - must have been something very serious

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn