Off Topic Thread

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
This case is so horrendous and filled with so many twists already. The constant barrage of it moving so fast coupled with every detail that emerges being worse than the one prior makes it one of the most disturbing on this board. I know I need some down time now and then to get away from the details and to check in with sane people here. If we ever needed an Off Topic thread...we need it here. :crazy:

The off topic thread was a great idea SS.

SS, you couldn't be more right! I have been reading this board for years, heck- I can read a true crime book and eat dinner at the same time (I did it last night as a matter of fact) but I swear I have never read anything as horrific as this case!

I have always tried to wrap my brain around awful things, and am able to detatch myself most times, but I can't seem to do so here. I almost need a "time out" from this it is so disturbing.

I agree! While it is riveting because of how slow most cases go here...it is so very disturbing and so much to take in all at once. We went from a missing child to a sex ring in a couple of days...then on to a messed up family...straight into hell and a murder investigation.

Let me just say, the dog that my DD found and no one claimed...I wanted desperately. Tonite, he ran off. :( He hates thunder and the fireworks can't be good for him. Please say an extra prayer he will come "home". I miss him. I was supposed to get him next week if no one claimed him. I am heartbroken. He was fully trained, intelligent, socially adept, and loved me too.

Ohh SS, maybe the dog will come back to your house.
This case nauseates me... literally.

Ok- off topic....4th of July.
Is anyone going to see fireworks?
Cookout? Make ice cream?
All of the above? lol

I hope he comes back. Do you have someone that can take a walk with you? Leave some food out tonight for him by your door?

Well, I hope it comes back to DD's house so I can bring him here and he will never run away again. (He won't want to!) Thank you tho! I appreciate it. I do so miss him already.

My plans are rather generic. I can look out my window and see three awesome fireworks displays. I have been invited to parties, but I declined this year.

I hope he comes back. Do you have someone that can take a walk with you? Leave some food out tonight for him by your door?
I wish. I am hours away and he is so afraid of thunderstorms. I cannot imagine how fireworks will affect that little darling. He will shiver and shake. Breaks my heart I didn't swoop him up and bring him home when I came home. My DD convinced me that she would put an ad in various places which she did. Got no response to him tho.

I hope the doggie returns! Sounds like he found a good loving forever home with you!

I have to work on the 4th but we'll go to see the fireworks in the evening.

VB

Good idea for a thread - we all can use a bit of a break.

SS...............I sure hope the dog returns. They often do show up at home once the noise is over, and I hope in this case he does.

Fourth of July...............a quiet day at home, grilling chicken, and having potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw, and brownies for dessert. We can watch the fireworks from our front yard, but will probably view them from a neighbors who's house sits on a hill and has an excellent, unobstructed view.

Hope your pup returned! Mine is 12 yr old irish/spanial mix who I found last year in horrid condition. He is so sweet and teribly afraid of thunderstorms and fireworks. Last year I had to put him in bed with me and he still wouldn't calm down. I don't know what I'll do with Barley this year as I'm recouping from a broken wrist and he's pretty big!

Hello all, I am going to 2 beach barbeques for 4th of july, one on Sat and the other on Sunday. Also last night we watched fireworks, that was nice. I hope you find the puppy.

Question.............I'm very confused by how the "notifications" works. This is a new feature that was started here on WS a couple months ago, and there's no directions or description of how it works. I have people sending me "notifications", but don't know what to do with them! :)

Question.............I'm very confused by how the "notifications" works. This is a new feature that was started here on WS a couple months ago, and there's no directions or description of how it works. I have people sending me "notifications", but don't know what to do with them! :)
Are they requests to be their "Friend" and listed on your page here
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=6027

Leila, I don't know the answer to that but I will poke around and see if I can figure anything out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back