710 users online (65 members and 645 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5

    VA - Jaiden Kelly, 9 mos, drowned in bathtub, Norfolk, 2 July 2008

    Been lurking for a long time, figured it was time I came out of the shadows. This happened right down the street from me. He is the singer in a local band from here. I used to bar-tend in a bar that they played at. Talk on the street is it was the mother who put the baby in the tub and forgot her.

    http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp...2&nav=23iiVciz

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum View Post
    Been lurking for a long time, figured it was time I came out of the shadows. This happened right down the street from me. He is the singer in a local band from here. I used to bar-tend in a bar that they played at. Talk on the street is it was the mother who put the baby in the tub and forgot her.

    http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp...2&nav=23iiVciz
    I'm so sick of these parents.....another day, another child.
    Thanks for posting this and Welcome to websleuths Beachbum
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I have 4 kids. And i do not understand how a parent would ever want to hurt there child. The call to 911 was made at 2:15 am, and people are saying that the mother took 8 sleeping pills right before this. What I do not understand is why was the baby in the tub at that hour. this guy has other children as well, with his ex. And everyone is saying that he was a great dad, and the mom was never trilled to have a child.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814
    I wonder why the child was in the bath at that hour too??? That makes this look highly suspicious. Keep us updated BB
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,498
    Not another one That does seem suspicious about the baby's mother. I wonder why they're charging the father and not her then? What points to the father?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500

    VA - Father arrested in drowning of baby

    Jeremy Kelly of Norfolk, Virginia has been arrested in the drowning of his 9 month old infant daughter.

    Police were called at 2:15AM, and it's unclear if the baby died in the hospital or in the home.


    http://www.myfoxhamptonroads.com/myf...Y&pageId=3.2.1

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814
    I think another poster put this story up here somewhere as I remember reading it earlier but I cant find it now. Apparently, the poster lives close to where this happened and she said there was some suspicion about the mother not originally wanting this baby or something. I just looked for the thread but cant find it. I remember asking why this baby was in the bath at 2am in the morning anyway
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5
    That was me that started the other thread. This happened right around the corner from me. He was also the lead singer in a local band here called Duburbia. When I used to bartend they would play the bar all the time. ( the myspace page for the band he was in is http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=2858199) From what people are saying that are close to them is that the mother is the one to blame. She took sleeping pills 20 minutes before and then put the baby in the tub, and that she was not trilled to be a mother at all.

    His son, brother and ex wife all been posting on the topix about this
    http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wa...DFSA4LGK6J6EF1
    And another topix where some people are posting, but it does not seem like this one has to many close to them at this one
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/norf...GOTRFF26T4VMUB
    Last edited by beachbum; 07-05-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: to fix link

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,829
    I wish the link provided more info...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum View Post
    That was me that started the other thread. This happened right around the corner from me. He was also the lead singer in a local band here called Duburbia. When I used to bartend they would play the bar all the time. ( the myspace page for the band he was in is http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=2858199) From what people are saying that are close to them is that the mother is the one to blame. She took sleeping pills 20 minutes before and then put the baby in the tub, and that she was not trilled to be a mother at all.

    His son, brother and ex wife all been posting on the topix about this
    http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wa...DFSA4LGK6J6EF1
    And another topix where some people are posting, but it does not seem like this one has to many close to them at this one
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/norf...GOTRFF26T4VMUB
    Why wasn't mom being mentioned in the link? Why is dad getting the full blame...very confusing indeed...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum View Post
    That was me that started the other thread. This happened right around the corner from me. He was also the lead singer in a local band here called Duburbia. When I used to bartend they would play the bar all the time. ( the myspace page for the band he was in is http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=2858199) From what people are saying that are close to them is that the mother is the one to blame. She took sleeping pills 20 minutes before and then put the baby in the tub, and that she was not trilled to be a mother at all.

    His son, brother and ex wife all been posting on the topix about this
    http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wa...DFSA4LGK6J6EF1
    And another topix where some people are posting, but it does not seem like this one has to many close to them at this one
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/norf...GOTRFF26T4VMUB
    Thanks beachbum....I could not find our earlier thread but I knew this was the same story
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306
    I feel like there is enough blame to go around!
    Everyone wants to protect the dad on the other boards but who was protecting this little baby from these unfit parents?

    Dad is charged and mom is being bashed all over the place. Hmmm..it seems like if you allow your child to DIE in a bathtub then you both pretty much sucked as parents and should be thrown in jail.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    I feel like there is enough blame to go around!
    Everyone wants to protect the dad on the other boards but who was protecting this little baby from these unfit parents?

    Dad is charged and mom is being bashed all over the place. Hmmm..it seems like if you allow your child to DIE in a bathtub then you both pretty much sucked as parents and should be thrown in jail.
    Hey Pixies, can u give some links to those you have read?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5
    I hope that who ever was at fault for baby Jaidien's death is held responsible. There is no reason a 9 month old baby should ever be left unattended in a bath. I have 4 kids with my youngest being 3 and I would never leave her in a tub for even a second. And I still wonder why they would have her in the tub at 2 am.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814
    I'm going to check out those Topix links to see what they are all saying so Thanks for posting them beachbum. If you hear anything let us know.
    There is something sinister about having that baby in the bath at 2.15am in the morning
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY OH - Sarah Widmer, 24, drowned in bathtub, Hamilton Township, 11 Aug 2008
    By curves in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 09-17-2017, 09:57 AM
  2. GUILTY NH - Wesley Botelho, 1, drowned in bathtub, Manchester, 20 July 2010
    By Angels_Not_Forgotten in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-05-2015, 01:29 AM
  3. NOT GUILTY UT - Justice Sieverts, 1, drowned in bathtub, West Valley, 24 July 2006
    By PrayersForMaura in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2015, 02:30 AM
  4. GUILTY AR - Ethan Roberts, 1, drowned in bathtub, Marmaduke, 27 June 2008
    By Saavy in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-01-2014, 05:46 PM
  5. GUILTY MI - Jammael Franklin, 8 mos, drowned in bathtub, Ypsilanti, 22 July 2006
    By ljwf22 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 03:01 PM

Tags for this Thread