968 users online (192 members and 776 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,157

    Man Rips Head off of Controversial Wax Figure

    Man Rips Head Off Hitler Wax Figure


    Reuters
    Posted: 2008-07-05 10:20:57
    Filed Under: World News
    BERLIN (July 5) - A man tore the head from a controversial waxwork figure of Adolf Hitler on the opening day of Berlin's Madame Tussauds museum on Saturday, police said.

    More: http://news.aol.com/story/_a/man-rip...002x1200237510

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    4,175
    Quote Originally Posted by anthrobones View Post
    Man Rips Head Off Hitler Wax Figure


    Reuters
    Posted: 2008-07-05 10:20:57
    Filed Under: World News
    BERLIN (July 5) - A man tore the head from a controversial waxwork figure of Adolf Hitler on the opening day of Berlin's Madame Tussauds museum on Saturday, police said.

    More: http://news.aol.com/story/_a/man-rip...002x1200237510
    Pity someone did not have the sense to do the same thing to the 'real' Hitler all those years ago......

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    I think it's disturbing the museum even had a wax figure of Hitler. FWIW- I get why the man beheaded it too.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    4,175
    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    I think it's disturbing the museum even had a wax figure of Hitler. FWIW- I get why the man beheaded it too.
    So do I....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814
    I saw this on the news here and they had him sitting down in an office complete with flags and everything. On our news they said it was only the second visitor into the exhibit who beheaded him, so that was a short lived "opening"
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    54
    I'm definitely not a fan of der Führer, but I'm not a fan of people destroying property either. The work didn't appear to be glorifying Hitler, merely a historic representation.

    People should learn to control themselves and obey the law.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    I'm definitely not a fan of der Führer, but I'm not a fan of people destroying property either. The work didn't appear to be glorifying Hitler, merely a historic representation.

    People should learn to control themselves and obey the law.
    I agree with you
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx



Similar Threads

  1. Woman Rips Husband's Penis Off
    By Jean in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 06:18 PM
  2. Woman rips off husband's testicles
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 11:42 AM