Thousands Expect Apocalypse in 2012

anthrobones

Reaction score
Thousands Expect Apocalypse in 2012

AOL
Posted: 2008-07-06 17:46:01
Filed Under: Weird News
(July 6) - Survival groups around the world are gearing up and counting down to a mysterious date that has been anticipated for thousands of years: Dec. 21, 2012.

Across the United States, Canada and throughout Europe, apocalyptic sects and individuals say that is the day that the world as we know it will end, ABCnews.com reports.

More at:
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/thousands-expect-apocalypse-in-2012/20080706152409990001

If this thread ends up being long, I'm sure it will be interesting.

Oh its not ending again is it:bang:

Oh its not ending again is it:bang:

Afraid so.
Since I listen to Coast to Coast AM, I am starting to feel paranoid about this. LOL. I am stocking peanut butter and SPAM by the cases in my basement. ;):rolleyes:

No joking, people for hundreds of years have given 2012 as "the end". How things are going in the middle east and Iran being all sorts of crazy, it very well could be.

I dont think it will although I know what you mean about the whole Middle East thing. I'll just leave it in God's hands:)

I'm sure that if the Mayans knew their civilization would be decimated, they would have made a perpetual calendar somehow..
This reminds me of the CA cult that slept in bunk beds and wore uniforms that looked like space suits. They all committed suicide because they thought it was the end of the world.

I hope some of the more disturbed people don't commit suicide when we get to 12-20-2012, one day before the expected Apocalypse.

ETA: Please be careful with the AOL link and the poll there. I answered the poll NO, and about 200 pop up windows kept appearing. I had to completely shut my computer down to stop it.
BTW, the results on the AOL poll are that 85% don't think the world will end on 12/21/2012.
Maria

This was suppose to happen in 2003, too... guess I missed the invite. I have a feeling I won't be getting an invite to the 2012 one, either... :)

I'm sure that if the Mayans knew their civilization would be decimated, they would have made a perpetual calendar somehow..
This reminds me of the CA cult that slept in bunk beds and wore uniforms that looked like space suits. They all committed suicide because they thought it was the end of the world.

I hope some of the more disturbed people don't commit suicide when we get to 12-20-2012, one day before the expected Apocalypse.

ETA: Please be careful with the AOL link and the poll there. I answered the poll NO, and about 200 pop up windows kept appearing. I had to completely shut my computer down to stop it.
BTW, the results on the AOL poll are that 85% don't think the world will end on 12/21/2012.
Maria

Yes, and most people misinterpret the Mayan calendar. 12-21-2012 is supposed to be the end of one time period and the beginning of another....a great cleansing of sorts. I understand it to mean something will happen, that we are in the age of enlightenment now and when 12-21-2012 comes around, a new age begins.
As far as enlightenment goes...we are becoming a more conscientious society about our world...so I guess that could that age could be correct.
And all of the well known signs are present, ie; hatred is high among countries and with all of the extraordinary natural disasters lately, it does seem that Mother Earth is trying to shake us off...so I lean toward the side that something will happen.
I can't imagine what will happen and I am not at all ready to go, but if I have to for the greater good of the Earth, then so be it.

But....my sensibility says I'll wake up on 12-22-2012 just the same as any other day.
Guess we'll see!

(but I'm stocking up just in case!)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

haha! That's funny! Brilliant! :blowkiss:
Welllllllll Truly...I think I would have been dead a dozen times by now if I had died all the other times it was supposed to end you know:crazy::crazy:

Being facetious and sarcastic here:

When I see the stone that is supposed to be the Mayan Calander, it looks awfully full. Could there be another stone buried somewhere that continues on? A couple of sites I checked suggested the Mayan's didn't use our 365 day calendar. Who really knows.

Remember the Millerites waited on a hill and the preacher had to go back and recalulate. He "goofed" on the dates of the "rapture". That was the beginning of the Seventh Day Adventists.

Yup. On my birthday no less. My husband said he figured it'd be my fault.:crazy:
(he was joking........I think...lol )

I have a feeling you will be waking up the next day drip with a hangover, and very much alive:)

QUOTE=Ciara;2355671]I have a feeling you will be waking up the next day drip with a hangover, and very much alive:)[/QUOTE]

Now that you predicted this, I'll have to drink a bottle (or 2) of champagne on the 21st.
I do hope all of this 12-21-12 stuff is hooey.:Banane27:

If it's the end of the world in 2012, do we really have to worry about it? I guess I have never worried about when the "end" will be. We all get there at some point, don't we?

There was one predicted end of the world day recently - this guy really has the game worked out. He's predicted it more than once, and tells his followers that the only way to survive is with a good stock of survivalist supplies - which must be purchased from him. Nice scam!

If it's the end of the world in 2012, do we really have to worry about it? I guess I have never worried about when the "end" will be. We all get there at some point, don't we?

Yes Boyz_Mum and I'd rather get there at a nice leisurely pace, than a mad sprint to the Finishing Pole:snail:

Remember previous talks about the earth exploding :eek:, computer crashes world wide :confused:and the end of mankind as we know it:waitasec:?
All that was suppose to happen Jan. 1st, 2000.
nothing, nada, zip. :clap:

I can't worry about the world ending in 2012. Bedsides I'm a Christian, and IMO no one knows when the end of time will be.

lol My MIL however says if a certain person is elected as President, he is the anti-Christ. :doh:

Remember previous talks about the earth exploding :eek:, computer crashes world wide :confused:and the end of mankind as we know it:waitasec:?
All that was suppose to happen Jan. 1st, 2000.
nothing, nada, zip. :clap:

I can't worry about the world ending in 2012. Bedsides I'm a Christian, and IMO no one knows when the end of time will be.

lol My MIL however says if a certain person is elected as President, he is the anti-Christ. :doh:

After Jan 1, 2000, didn't they say that 2001 was the end? (It seemed to change when no one could decide when the "new millenium" actually started?)

Funny about your MIL, my mom has told me for years that Bill Clinton was the anti-Christ.

I am glad to be here and once I am there, I am sure I will be glad to be "there" too. As long as my loved ones are with me, it doesn't matter where I am.

For 2000 - the Y2K computer bug - that was very real. Took a ton of work by countless computer programmers around the world to stop that one. Fortunately, all the hype helped to ensure everything was checked. It wouldn't have ended the world - but banks being unable to let you have access to your money, elevators stopping, airplane software failing, sure would have put a dent in it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back