Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 495

Thread: Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

  1. #226
    Originally posted by fran: LE always says 'there is no coincidence when it comes to murder.'
    I like that one. You are right...too many here with the same link of child porn. There has to be more going on.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,273
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Don't be sorry! I just thought it might help some to get a better perspective on the reasons this autopsy could take so long. This case is very complex and we do want them to be thorough!
    Thank you for the welcome!

    And yes, your link is great. Do you think Brooke had maybe been given the 'Date Rape' drug at some point?

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Don't be sorry! I just thought it might help some to get a better perspective on the reasons this autopsy could take so long. This case is very complex and we do want them to be thorough!
    Yes. And, I hope they wait to release the findings until the funeral has taken place.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by Native New Yorker View Post
    Hello to everyone from outside of Chicago.....I have been reading every post on here with great interest. I am glad to see that things are moving along with the courts. Lots of really, really super sleuthing on here.

    I have had personal experience with a neighborhood RSO, and amazing attitudes by people around me, so am especially interested in this case
    ( despite no remorse by the RSO, some neighbors were actually angered when told of his presence, did not want to know, said he had "paid his debt to society") I was actually shunned by some neighbors for spreading the word, was called a gossip....
    when will people wake up? I live in a highly educated area......but amazing that these attitudes persist! One neighbor went so far as to ask the RSO to help her with her computer....he had been convicted of internet related crimes!!! So, yes, he was more than qualified!

    If I ever find out that there is an RSO in my neighborhood again, I will be very careful of how I put the word out. Remember, not everyone is online, or watches/reads the news, so I feel obligated to spread the word, most especially to those with children, but will tell people anonymously from now on.....

    May poor Brooke rest in peace, and may the rest of society wake up to a very real problem in our midst.

    This is the mindset that holds that all criminals are really victims....victims of poverty, sloppy police work, victims of child abuse...and so forth...and who in tandem with that ideology also think that "rehabilitation" is the answer and that when it fails, overwhelmingly as it does, the probelm is not the offender but the program...more money and more support are the answer, not to, god forbid, hold the perp responsible.

    It is this mindset that allows rapists and murderers to continue to collect victims...if Jacques had been stopped with his first or second sexual attack, Brooke would be alive and AR might have the hope of a normal life.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,745
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    fran, I so agree with you! I think it is at the very least a child pornography circle. I hope LE will show Savannah a picture of Kevin in a photo lineup to just verify if she has seen him or not!
    I think that Jacques has been making and selling it for a long time. Just my opinion!
    IF I were LE, I would definitely be checking out to see if Gagnon is somehow connected to that John Stephen relative of the roommate. Maybe that's who Kevin gave the safe to! I'd also be questioning the roommate's gf's daugher to see if she has been approached by Gagnon.

    This could get messy. Ehhh......messyer. (is that a word?)

    JMHO
    fran

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,273
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    Yes. And, I hope they wait to release the findings until the funeral has taken place.
    I am with you there, CarpeDiem. Tomorrow and Wednesday are for Brooke. And she will be treated with the dignity she deserved in life rather than the last day she was with us.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,318
    I hope the two plead guilty.
    What are the chances of that......


  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,273
    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    IF I were LE, I would definitely be checking out to see if Gagnon is somehow connected to that John Stephen relative of the roommate. Maybe that's who Kevin gave the safe to! I'd also be questioning the roommate's gf's daugher to see if she has been approached by Gagnon.

    This could get messy. Ehhh......messyer. (is that a word?)

    JMHO
    fran
    Uh, messier - is that a word? I dunno.

    I am sure you already know that the J. S. that you refer to is listed as absconded on the Texas RSO site. He is out there somewhere and EVERYONE deserves to know where!

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I am with you there, CarpeDiem. Tomorrow and Wednesday are for Brooke. And she will be treated with the dignity she deserved in life rather than the last day she was with us.
    Let's hope.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,950
    Someone said Gagnons pic was on the front page of Burlington Free Press yesterday, but unfortunately guess it didnt make it to the online version. Grrrrrrr!

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrington View Post
    I hope the two plead guilty.
    What are the chances of that......

    Jacques will NEVER plead guilty.

    Gagnon, he's already admitted a lot of stuff, it depends on what kind of lawyer he gets, if he gets an ethical attorney he may plead guilty in return for a lighter sentence and to testify against Jacques, if he gets a Westerfield type defense attorney then he won't plead guilty,he will say the cops cooerced him into falsely confessing his kiddie porn collection..which so far has not been recovered and he will repudiate his confession about assaulting AR.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    In some instances, the cause of death may be readily apparent at the time of autopsy, but the manner of death is not known. An example of the latter is a person dying in a house fire from smoke inhalation and burns. We can see soot in the airway, and we can see burns. However, we cannot tell from autopsy what started the fire. That answer must come from the arson investigation (which is outside the purview of the medical examiner). As manner of death (homicide, suicide or accident) will then hinge on that determination, we must await conclusion of the investigation. Other examples of the latter are head injuries where nobody saw the traumatic incident, and some close range gunshot wounds (where gunshot residue analysis, range determination, firearms examination, and police investigation may all be necessary to arrive at a determination between suicide, homicide or accident).

    Furthermore, in order for accredited forensic toxicology laboratory results to be considered legally valid the results must be confirmed by two types of tests. Toxicology tests will take longer if multiple drugs are involved, if unusual drugs are involved, or if the person is decomposed.

    Finally, one must consider the possibility that the pathologist's initial suspicions are not confirmed. For example, if the pathologist suspects drug toxicity but the initial toxicology report reveals only low levels of drugs or no drugs at all. In these cases, the pathologist may submit additional tissues to reevaluate specific parts of the heart muscle or brain, while at the same time consulting with the toxicologist to pursue testing for more unusual or exotic drugs that weren't originally analyzed, while at the same time asking the police to return to the scene of death to ascertain more information, or perhaps to interview additional witnesses. Each death is different, and the findings in each case are different. Additional follow-up is determined as results are obtained. Obviously in such multi-step investigations the process may be lengthy, and the requisite time necessary may not be entirely under the control of the pathologist.

    http://www.co.harris.tx.us/me/FAQ.as...er1_section167 (Bolded by me)
    Thank you for this info SS it gives me a clearer picture.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrington View Post
    I hope the two plead guilty.
    What are the chances of that......


    Most criminals feel they are either innocent or was justified in what they did. The prison's are full of them.

    This country needs to refine their laws on Internet child porn and ALL porn. LE has to be so sure that the Search Warrants are refined as well. If you go to familyinternet.info/cases_1.htm, you will see what I mean. Also, it mentions the 'relative' of Kevin's - it is not the one linked to earlier.

    I sort of expect Gagnon to plead guilty, but doubt Jacques will.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    Jacques will NEVER plead guilty.

    Gagnon, he's already admitted a lot of stuff, it depends on what kind of lawyer he gets, if he gets an ethical attorney he may plead guilty in return for a lighter sentence and to testify against Jacques, if he gets a Westerfield type defense attorney then he won't plead guilty,he will say the cops cooerced him into falsely confessing his kiddie porn collection..which so far has not been recovered and he will repudiate his confession about assaulting AR.
    Remember when Westerfield tried to say the child porn on his computer was from his son? That was unreal. The monster threw everyone under the bus in an attempt to escape justice.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    Remember when Westerfield tried to say the child porn on his computer was from his son? That was unreal. The monster threw everyone under the bus in an attempt to escape justice.
    The Westerfield trial stands out in my mind as the single most disgusting, immoral, unethical performance by any defense attorney in modern times.

  16. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    Thank you for the welcome!

    And yes, your link is great. Do you think Brooke had maybe been given the 'Date Rape' drug at some point?
    Personally, I don't. It would be preferred, but I think he is sadistic enough that he wanted her to be fully aware during the entire ordeal.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    The Westerfield trial stands out in my mind as the single most disgusting, immoral, unethical performance by any defense attorney in modern times.
    Ahhh, yes,........and remember after the trial was over, we found out that Westerfield had actually copped a guilty plea in a deal with the DA for 'no death penalty,' but the DA pulled it back because they found Danielle's body without help from Westerfield. And his attorney still acted like that!

    He knew the POS was guilty! (during the trial)

    JMHO
    fran

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    96
    Could it be that Gagnon plans to testify against Jacques and that he could be in some sort of danger by doing so? It could explain why his picture hasn't been released to the public. Of course, if his face was plastered across the front page of the Sunday newspaper, that theory is shot. I was just thinking that maybe they'd come up with evidence of pornography being bought/sold and that perhaps Gagnon was throwing out names that otherwise wouldn't be connected to the case. It's a long shot, but the fact that it's taken so long to see his face is certainly odd.

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,273
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Personally, I don't. It would be preferred, but I think he is sadistic enough that he wanted her to be fully aware during the entire ordeal.


    I cannot even see a newspaper pic or video of Jacques without getting sick. It is a shame sometimes it is not an 'eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' No matter whatever happens to Jacques and Gagnon, it will never be enough.

    Just wishfull thinking, I suppose, that she would have been drugged rather than fully comprehending and feeling what was happening to her.

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Left Coast USA
    Posts
    6,247
    Brooke's uncle, stepfather due in federal court today

    July 7, 2008

    "Brooke’s former stepfather Raymond Gagnon, 40, of San Antonio is also due in federal court today for a detention hearing on an obstruction of justice charge in the case."

    "Once suspects are charged in federal court, prosecutors have 30 days to seek in indictment from a grand jury. The defendants do not enter a plea until after they have been indicted."

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Ahhh, yes,........and remember after the trial was over, we found out that Westerfield had actually copped a guilty plea in a deal with the DA for 'no death penalty,' but the DA pulled it back because they found Danielle's body without help from Westerfield. And his attorney still acted like that!

    He knew the POS was guilty! (during the trial)

    JMHO
    fran

    I don't want to derail, but yes, I remember all of Westerfield's idiotic defenders who thought he was innocent throughout the trial and then, yes, well, well, well, he knew where the victim's body was all along. I can't imagine how the police and DA managed to sit through that abomination of a trial and not kill Westerfield AND his lawyer, who I hope has a rotten, unhappy life until the day he dies when he will burn in hell for all time.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriLady View Post
    Could it be that Gagnon plans to testify against Jacques and that he could be in some sort of danger by doing so? It could explain why his picture hasn't been released to the public. Of course, if his face was plastered across the front page of the Sunday newspaper, that theory is shot. I was just thinking that maybe they'd come up with evidence of pornography being bought/sold and that perhaps Gagnon was throwing out names that otherwise wouldn't be connected to the case. It's a long shot, but the fact that it's taken so long to see his face is certainly odd.

    I was thinking one of two things..either they've kept his photo under wraps as part of a deal to get him to cooperate or they're keeping it under wraps as part of an ongoing investigation that they don't want tainted by later accusations than any witnesses 'saw him on TV' and then falsely ID'd him.

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11,273
    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriLady View Post
    Could it be that Gagnon plans to testify against Jacques and that he could be in some sort of danger by doing so? It could explain why his picture hasn't been released to the public. Of course, if his face was plastered across the front page of the Sunday newspaper, that theory is shot. I was just thinking that maybe they'd come up with evidence of pornography being bought/sold and that perhaps Gagnon was throwing out names that otherwise wouldn't be connected to the case. It's a long shot, but the fact that it's taken so long to see his face is certainly odd.
    I just think no one got Gagnon's picture going into or coming out of court. Here where I am from, no cameras or video cameras are allowed in Federal Court.

    IF the FEDS want Gagnon to testify against Jacques, the only deal needs to be LWOP as opposed to the DP as they will be going for for Jacques. (IMO)

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25
    I'm in the minority I guess, but I don't think this was a large conspiracy or that there are other current victims of Jacques, I'm sure he has sexually assaulted other(s) in the past, maybe adults or teenagers, but as far as 'sex ring' type victims similar to AR I don't see it.
    For the most part, I would tend to agree.... although remember:

    *** explained that you have to do "things" for the program. She was enrolled with three other girls. The first who does it lives and the second gets her throat cut. ...

    *** did not really do anything when she was younger. Most girls get out of the program when they are twelve but she is still in the program because she did do these things. *** expressed for some reason she was not killed and did not know how she was alive.
    Based on this, Brooke very well could have been "the second".
    Last edited by IMBY; 07-07-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: clarification

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,745
    Any of our local Vermont posters, this is the time Gagnon was due to be arraigned. Is it on your local news?

    Can anyone find the indictment online? They released MJ's pretty quickly.

    fran

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #11
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 597
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 12:16 AM
  2. Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #8
    By christine2448 in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 588
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 09:42 PM
  3. Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #7
    By christine2448 in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 379
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 12:19 PM
  4. Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #5
    By christine2448 in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 344
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 04:41 PM
  5. Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT
    By vtgirl in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 616
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 02:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •