1144 users online (201 members and 943 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Hungry 6 year old found wandering streets

This was at 8:30 pm and the boy told neighbors his mom wouldn't be home 'til morning.

A 6-year-old was found wandering the streets hungry and thirsty. A neighbor on the base called police when the 6-year-old's mom Staff Sgt. Leah Barkley couldn't be found.

Police arrested the boy's mom, who is an Air Force staff sergeant at Brooks City Base, after they tracked her down at her boyfriend's house.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25575871/

That story made me want to cry
    She even left medication where he could have got his hands on it.
    All because she is a skank who wanted to be with her boyfriend
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Not Alabama but Sweet Home just the same , SC
    Poor baby! How can you leave your six year old baby alone then loose track of time and fall asleep.I wonder how long he had been alone and how long since he had eaten. It breaks my heart because my youngest is 7 and he is constantly hungry and sometimes "forgets" how to do anything on his own. I would never in a million years leave him alone for a minute . I would come back to a burned down house if I did .

Sewing Deb,
    Thanks for posting the story. I am glad the mother was arrested.
    She is a Staff Sgt?
    Her career and her azz are grass as the old saying goes.
    The poor little boy. I can only imagine what he felt like being alone, hungry and thirsty.

vadersbabe is offline But never have I been a blue calm sea. I have always been a storm.
    So sad. I just don't understand why people like that woman ever became a parent. Poor little boy.
    I will never give up hope that someone, some where out there knows something about this precious soul.
    Please visit www.americasunknownchild.net
    www.myspace.com/americasunknownchild

What a sad story. I hope that little boy hasn't been neglected all his life. She could have just taken him to her bf's place and let him watch tv, for pete's sake. ARGH. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Morning everyone. This really is sad. I hope this boy's father is fit to step in for his son. She is another mother who put her bf ahead of her child. 6 year olds shouldn't have to fend for themselves.

I hope it does affects her career as well. She needs to realize the seriousness of what she has done.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    If my mom left me alone when I was 6 I would have been completely clueless as to how to care for myself in any capacity. Not to mention I would have been scared to death. I have a feeling this isn't an isolated incident. Why do people like this even have kids to begin with? Obviously, they were not willing to make the selfless sacrifices it takes to raise a child appropriately and make sure their needs are meant and then some.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

I volunteer to show up and give a beat down to each and every incubator who calls herself a mother who cares more about her "man" than her child.

Throw her in jail for years! I think her being in prison until this baby is 18 would be fair enough.

When are these types of women going to pick their own children over boyfriends? Never, of course.

I know plenty of single moms and none of them are desperate for a man. Their children comes first, and thats how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    I volunteer to show up and give a beat down to each and every incubator who calls herself a mother who cares more about her "man" than her child.
    Pick me up on your way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    Pick me up on your way!!!
    I wouldn't dream of going without ya!

You picking me up on the way darlin?

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64 View Post
    You picking me up on the way darlin?
    Absolutely!!! Be sure to bring your pitch fork and your torch. We can be the mob.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I would gladly volunteer my time to tag along. I could put my Jiu-Jitsu class to good use and put that betch in a choke hold she will never forget.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi