Toddlers who dislike spicy food "racist"

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard I pour Tabasco over everything but my youngest to think if it has any flavor at all it is hot. They must be super racist !LOL!

What's happening in the UK? I've read of a Down's syndrome girl and another teen being arrested for a racist crime after getting into arguments with other kids and now this. The nurseries are even expected to report all incidents to the Children's Bureau.

This news story on it is not the most detailed. Some of their suggestions that I read yesterday that are in this report are just stupid. Kids say yuk to allsorts of things. We are so politically correct over here that we are choking and its causing more harm than good. I know people who were never racist that are just so fed up and feel that its making them feel thoughts they never had before. Nursery school children should not have to be exposed to such crap as this.

Yesterday there was a report that all Police dogs are now going to have to wear "booties" before entering muslim houses because muslims dont like dogs.
Kids are going to be taught about racism just because they say yuk.
You'd think the Government would use the money to stop all the knife crime but no...they would rather spend it on stupid half cocked hair brained schemes like this:mad:

I love trying foreign food (provided I know what I'm eating). I guess those toddlers just aren't as enlightened as me. :angel:;)

I love trying foreign food (provided I know what I'm eating). I guess those toddlers just aren't as enlightened as me. :angel:;)

I love hot spicy food, the hotter the better too and I love Indian Curry especially. Alot of kids dont like stuff if they think its hot though. I remember giving my niece a taste of curry and she burst into tears lol

I think it's really ridiculous that certain groups or religions can't even accept the practices of a nation's law enforcement without making the dogs wear booties. That's like a group that doesn't believe in females wearing trousers expecting female officers to change into a skirt before doing their job in their building.

With babies, direct pressure to conform can never be applied too early. Remember, groupthink begins with playgroupthink.

Paging Orwell!

What happened to the days when you were made eat your greens...now its you must eat your goat curry.:rolleyes:

What happened to the days when you were made eat your greens...now its you must eat your goat curry.:rolleyes:

I wonder if it works in reverse? Will babies be forced to eat very bland food? Pork? :eek:

What happens if they say 'yuk'?

What if a child has allergies?

What is goat curry? Some kind of cheese or milk? Sorry for my stupidity! I am not familiar w/this. mj

It was just my poor attempt at humour MJ..I should realise by now that Im not very funny.....goat curry is just meant to be a curry using goat meat.

I wonder if it works in reverse? Will babies be forced to eat very bland food? Pork? :eek:

What happens if they say 'yuk'?

What if a child has allergies?
The mind boggles Karole.

My fav part of the article was the comments from UK citizens.

I ADORED the one who asked if Muslim, Jewish, and Hindu Children will be required to eat foods prohibited by their faith or be branded "racist"? How about British kids who hate Yorkshire Pudding or Kidney Pie - are they prejudiced against other Brits?

Me-thinks that the only kids that will be branded "racist" based on their FOOD preferences will be fair skinned anglo-saxon children - I imagine Muslim toddlers who say "Yuk" at bacon and Hindu kids who make faces when served beef will get a pass from being listed in the "racist taste-buds reports" - even tho - based on their own criteria - such behavior is openly racist against Anglo Saxons who love both. And oh my heavens, being a vegatarian might just require an intervention from the "Equality Food Police" :eek:

That is possibly the most ridiculous load of horse hooey I have ever heard. Kids like what they like - despite the best efforts of the parents they will refuse to eat anything other than boiled Hot Dogs and Lime Jello at every meal for months on end. Making kids east stuff they hate so they will not appear racist will just give them psychological damage and food phobias for life - way to find something far MORE dangerous than racism and encourage it!

These folks would have had a stroke en-masse when confronted by the FLDS Kids and their "we only eat natural" foods requirements - "spicy" is not even in their vocabulary - much less their diet. :rolleyes:

My Opinion

This must be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of.

I understand not tolerating name calling or bullying based on race (or for any reason) BUT to equate a small child's dislike of certain foods as racists is the height of idiocy!
Flowerchild made some excellent points about how two way this street will be! (or not be as I suspect)
I have a chat friend from the UK and she is racist against Muslims and upset that they are taking over "her Country".
She often comments about how the government there seems to give the Muslims a free pass for things their own Countrymen are not permitted..

After reading this article I almost have to agree it does seem that way.

Why is the UK allowing this? I understand treating people as equal but its not equal to have Law Enforcement treat certain groups with kid gloves and not their own countrymen.
I seriously suspect that Muslim children will not be forced to eat pork or considered racist if they say "yuk" to foods that are considered "English" or those they are not familiar with.

Again its ridiculous to expect toddlers to accept and like different foods!

I must ask... Who the Hell is in charge of this governing group and have none of them ever had a toddler??

For the record I find the concept of eating "neck bone" (a Deep Southern food usually in rice like chicken would be) Absolutely disgusting..
Does that make me racist against Southerners?
I cannot stand Blood pudding so I guess I am racist against the English.
The idea of Escargot makes me want to gag.. Sorry people of France I must be racist of you all too.
Tamales YUK! (Latino's)
Goat meat DOUBLE YUK! (Caribbean)
Pumpkin just ewwww! (Australian's eat this all year long... soo sorry Dingo!)

Have I left anyone out? I guess you Irish and maybe Italians are safe from my racist ways! I still like potatoes and Pasta! (Uh oh maybe that means I just like carbs, in which case I must be racist against those on Atkins or South Beach!

UNBELIEVABLE!

This is a bizarre article really. And very parodoxical, because people who could say toddlers who don't like spicy food are racist are extremely untolerant and untolerance is the basis of racism.
Personally I don't like peanut butter, most French don't, and we don't understand why English and Americans do lol.

This is a bizarre article really. And very parodoxical, because people who could say toddlers who don't like spicy food are racist are extremely untolerant and untolerance is the basis of racism.
Personally I don't like peanut butter, most French don't, and we don't understand why English and Americans do lol.

Excellent Post!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back