Church of England faces revolt after paving the way for first Woman Bishop

I am an Australian Anglican and I think it's wonderful to have female priests. Some people would much prefer to talk about personal problems to a woman than a man. And we women are great multi taskers. To my surprise, my very religious 88 year old grandmother and her church going friends think it's a great idea. I wouldn't be too worried, Ciara. The Catholic Church is rarely influenced by the Anglican. Our priests can marry and yours cannot so that change has not influenced your church. While I disagree, I respect your different opinion. :blowkiss: It would be a dramatic change.

Thanks Kiki for your response. I expected what I said may be controversial but maybe I am just traditional and its how I feel. I would not want to be married by or take communion from a woman priest. For me its that Priests and Bishops should be male just as Jesus and The Apostles were and women who feel the calling to God can be Nuns.

I believe a lot of the problems in this world arise from a lack of respect for other people's differing religious beliefs. Provided they are not harmful to others I always respect other's religious views. I think it's terrific Ciara that you feel comfortable expressing yours. It's always scary to say something you know will be controversial.

Well I wouldnt say I exactly feel comfortable expressing them Kiki lol as its not always an easy thing to do in the world the way it is today but its the fact that this is a respectful forum that let me think I could:)

No one is allowed to go mental at anyone else here so it makes it easier to discuss controversial topics and I find them interesting on all sides. It helps me to see things the way others see them and to think about how I see things too.

Different opinions are great when you can express them respectfully:)

I too am Anglican/Church of England and have no problem with women taking a higher role in their religion. I feel if they are committed enough to take on the responisiblity then why not. Society today is fighting for equal rights for woman and should be allowed to do any job if they have the qualifications.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back