UTSA Professor Fantasized Over Students

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=aac539a8-d702-45d9-bfd3-1a2942a4a271
A tenured University of Texas at San Antonio professor who was fired for viewing *advertiser censored* on his work computer fantasized about his students in e-mails to another professor, according to a newspaper report.

Ronald Ayers also indicated he lost interest in helping one of his students academically when she stopped showing her thong underwear by dressing more modestly, the San Antonio Express-News reported in Sunday's editions after obtaining e-mails through the Texas Public Information Act.

Ayers, a 60-year-old economics professor, was fired last year after officials went through his computer following complaints from a graduate student who said she heard sexual noises coming from his office.

A faculty hearing tribunal overturned Ayers' firing in May, saying the school's computer-use policy banning "obscene" materials didn't apply because his termination letter accused him of accessing "sexually explicit" materials. A final decision from the UT Board of Regents is expected this month.

and

Ayers also wrote about teenage girls who worked at thrift and dollar stores he frequented. In one e-mail, he wrote about buying a stuffed animal for a "goth" girl he liked and talking to her about her favorite punk rock band.

"I may be actually making progress with this girl," Ayers wrote. "Music may be the quickest way to a teen girl's heart, after stuffed animals."

Gabler said the school's policy doesn't prohibit e-mails of a sexual nature, although the policy does ban anything beyond "incidental" personal use of a work computer. (much more ickiness plus his pic at link)

Certainly sounds like he's a groomer to me.

I'd say his career is over now the news is public. What a creep.

I'd say his career is over now the news is public. What a creep.

I hope so, but he will still be a free man trying to lure young girls with music and stuffed animals. :furious:

I cant believe the tribunal overturned his firing because of the difference between "obscene" and "sexually expicit". He should have been fired for doing either of them!!!!!

Isn't this a state college? Let the voters vote on this issue since they are paying his salary. :sick:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back