Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 378

Thread: Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #15

  1. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    Slain girl mourned amid flowers, snapshot collages and tears


    Associated Press - July 8, 2008 6:15 PM ET
    RANDOLPH, Vt. (AP) - Today mourners remembered 12-year-old Brooke Bennett at a wake in the building where she just graduated from seventh grade.

    Filing past a series of photo collages and the girl's open casket, friends and acquaintances shared condolences with her mother and other family members in an auditorium at Randolph Union High School.

    Hundreds were expected to pay their respects tonight and at a funeral scheduled for tomorrow.
    http://www.fox44.net/Global/story.asp?S=8643339

    Thank you TG.. I appreciate the update !

    DD

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Franklin County, Vermont
    Posts
    377

    At slain girl's wake, a somber scene

    RANDOLPH, Vt. -- Amid sprays of flowers, snapshots from her short life and somber greetings, mourners Tuesday remembered 12-year-old Brooke Bennett at a wake in the building where she just graduated from seventh grade.


    Filing past a series of photo collages and the girl's open casket, friends and acquaintances _ some wearing lapel buttons with her smiling face, a "Brooke" ribbon extending from the bottom _ shared condolences and tearful embraces with her mother and other family members in an auditorium at Randolph Union High School.

    http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8643305
    Last edited by Starr58; 07-08-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: error in posting

  3. #153
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
    I have to say that has bothered me too. By his actions, he never intended Brooke to reappear. But why kill her. If he was going to go that far...wouldn't he have killed a stranger? Someone that didn't lead right back to him.
    I thought the same thing. She was a readily available target. Plus like someone else said they just get so caught up in their sickness it escalates and they lose sight of reason and become reckless.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
    I have to say that has bothered me too. By his actions, he never intended Brooke to reappear. But why kill her. If he was going to go that far...wouldn't he have killed a stranger? Someone that didn't lead right back to him.
    I think in his stupid mind it was not going to lead back to him at all..By choosing her, say instead of a stranger, maybe he felt some control in setting up things in a way he felt he would never be suspected ( the myspace post, being seen leaving in seperate directions, the dna of Juvenile 2 ect..)

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by calidreamin View Post
    Hi close! The babies and I are doing great. I am stumped over the fact that they were able to have an open casket, you would think that after she had been buried it wouldn't have been possible.
    like bdmama posted, i guess they just did a lot to make her "presentable"

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,921
    Star, because of copyright laws we can only post a very small portion (10% or a paragraph) of an entire article and provide a link to the rest of it. Thanks!

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,677
    Quote Originally Posted by bdmama View Post
    She said she was very swollen and just looked nothing like Brooke, it was very obvious alot had to be done to her to make her "presentable".
    Ok...I know this is a really terrible time for the family, but what were they thinking by having an open casket? For that to be the image for her friends to remember...along with how she died...oh, my...I'm seriously concerned for these kids. I do hope the parents take advantage of the services that are being offered.

  8. #158
    Thankyou DS. From previous experience in my home state, funeral homes usually can only put the actual date of death. Due to regulations and filings of death certificates. In traumatic cases, where TOD is unknown, the funeral homes will usually subsitute a phrase to be sympathetic to the mourners. On their paperwork they put unknown for the date and just the year.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,998
    U.S. Attorney Thomas Anderson declined comment Tuesday on whether Gagnon had images of Vermont children in what an affidavit said were child pornography images found on his computer.
    Interesting. He could have said "We don't know yet", if indeed they didn't know one way or the other.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Busylady View Post
    In my opinion even though the obit and funeral home used June 25 as time of death it is not the official date of death.
    My dearest Busylady,
    Thank-you for your post.
    As I stated earlier, my friend's family used the date that he went missing as a date. His case is still open and the date of his death has not been released to the public because it is an ongoing investigation.


    Love and Respect,
    dark_shadows

  11. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by bdmama View Post
    I did not attend but close friends did and said they had an open casket at the calling hours. Denise, A.R. & the daughter of MJ were nowhere to be seen and there were MANY police officers there.

    I wouldn't think they would be ..geiven the family dynamics. And I am hoping both AR and her younger sister are in protective custody and care right now. They both will need a huge amount of therapy to get through this. Her younger sister will be tainted, but imagine after therapy, she may do well for herself..and hopefully taken from the family. AR..well..she will never be the same again, therefore for many, many years will need therapy away from these ridiculous people that were supposed to be her family.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,120
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi2009 View Post
    Thankyou DS. From previous experience in my home state, funeral homes usually can only put the actual date of death. Due to regulations and filings of death certificates. In traumatic cases, where TOD is unknown, the funeral homes will usually subsitute a phrase to be sympathetic to the mourners. On their paperwork they put unknown for the date and just the year.
    Dearest Gigi,
    You are very welcome.
    Thank-you for the info you provided.

    Love and Respect,
    dark_shadows

  13. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinaLite View Post
    I think in his stupid mind it was not going to lead back to him at all..By choosing her, say instead of a stranger, maybe he felt some control in setting up things in a way he felt he would never be suspected ( the myspace post, being seen leaving in seperate directions, the dna of Juvenile 2 ect..)
    I also think he'd been obsessing about her a long time. Sexual offenders and predators think they are "in love" with their victims. I bet he was trying to "seduce" her for years. Gifts, money, rides etc... And I bet she didn't respond the way he wanted. She probably didn't really go over there very much. So it just kept building and building for MJ until he decided he was going to have her no matter what and by then he was so angry cause nothing was working that he came up with a plan. And he was going to make sure that she would be completely his forever. He's arrogant enough to think that he got out of jail pretty darn fast last time,, if he goes to jail this time, it won't be for long and he thinks it's worth it.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi2009 View Post
    I think Denise was just bent on keeping up appearances. She knew exactly what was going on but just didn't want to stir up trouble. Plus it seems like AR was so aligned with MJ that the 2 of them could run all over Denise.
    Among the items mentioned in the affidavit from Denise (My take is it was from Denise, the heading was blacked out) she also found a DVD showing male and female kiddie porn.
    She had to play the DVD to know this, and did nothing
    The incidents mentioned didn't give a time frame. But, it doesn't read like it was all at the same time.

    I really hope something is done about this woman.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,120
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Star, because of copyright laws we can only post a very small portion (10% or a paragraph) of an entire article and provide a link to the rest of it. Thanks!
    Dearest SuziQ,
    Thank-you for that post.


    Love and Respect,
    dark_shadows

  16. #166
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,187
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    I still think that Denise should be held somewhat responsible for what happened to Brooke and to her own daughter AR. I don't think that allowing AR to go on car dates when she was only 14 with boys old enough to drive was responsible at all. But , I don't think it was responsible of her as a mother to marry a RSO when she had a young daughter in the home. I feel the same way about Brooke's mom.

    And what did these 2 adult women see in these men that are so obviously attracted to young girls? And they are from the same family? Something very disturbing to me is are their other vics and if so are they too ashamed or hurt to come forward now?
    DeltaDawn,

    I will never understand WTH these women were thinking.... I wonder if they were that hard up to find a man that anything in pants would work?

    I just want to beech slap them both for being so damn ignorant!!!! I also wonder why today they're so worried about the family dynamics???? They helped create these monsters in my book.

  17. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by cheko1 View Post
    DeltaDawn,

    I will never understand WTH these women were thinking.... I wonder if they were that hard up to find a man that anything in pants would work?

    I just want to beech slap them both for being so damn ignorant!!!! I also wonder why today they're so worried about the family dynamics???? They helped create these monsters in my book.
    i'm with you on this, cheko!

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,677
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    I wouldn't think they would be ..geiven the family dynamics. And I am hoping both AR and her younger sister are in protective custody and care right now. They both will need a huge amount of therapy to get through this. Her younger sister will be tainted, but imagine after therapy, she may do well for herself..and hopefully taken from the family. AR..well..she will never be the same again, therefore for many, many years will need therapy away from these ridiculous people that were supposed to be her family.
    ITA! I think this child should be in a therapeutic environment away from the prying eyes of the public.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carolina Coast
    Posts
    10,402
    I'm new to this board but I have been following this since Brooke became missing. I believe the question of "why" he killed her can be answered by AR. Remember, on the e-mails, it was stated that AR "knew why this had to happen". I do believe that she holds the key to a lot of our unanswered questions and that if she had indeed talked to LE, they are holding any additional information closely.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,950
    Wonder if one of the hard drives missing from Jacques computer was in one of the computers in Alabama.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,677
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows View Post
    Dearest SuziQ,
    Thank-you for that post.


    Love and Respect,
    dark_shadows
    Yes, Suzi...thank you for making me aware of that.

  22. #172
    You know years ago when my babies were infants, I belonged to this mom's group. They thought I was insane because I wanted to teach my kids from the get go what was appropriate and what wasn't. I wanted to teach kids how to be proactive in their safety. I got kicked out. LOL--but just try to grab my daughter and she's prepared to defend herself. I bet now years later with the headlines, they're kicking themselves.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,998
    Maybe AR was the one who revealed something to Brooke either inadvertently or because she didn't expect Brooke to react negatively?

    And MJ guilt-tripped her into participating in coming up with a solution for "the problem"?

    Hmm.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Franklin County, Vermont
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Star, because of copyright laws we can only post a very small portion (10% or a paragraph) of an entire article and provide a link to the rest of it. Thanks!
    Whoops!!! Sorry, I thought I had only a portion of it. How do I remedy that?

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,677
    Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    I'm new to this board but I have been following this since Brooke became missing. I believe the question of "why" he killed her can be answered by AR. Remember, on the e-mails, it was stated that AR "knew why this had to happen". I do believe that she holds the key to a lot of our unanswered questions and that if she had indeed talked to LE, they are holding any additional information closely.
    Yes, she knows...and LE knows a lot more than they're revealing, obviously...and we can only speculate on the "why"...but will there ever be a reason "good" enough...that will possibly have this "make sense"? Never in a million years, IMO.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #14
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 497
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 04:17 PM
  2. Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #13
    By christine2448 in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 518
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 03:53 AM
  3. Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12
    By w1df10wr in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 494
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 04:25 PM
  4. Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #2
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 02:19 AM
  5. Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT
    By vtgirl in forum Brooke Bennett
    Replies: 616
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 02:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •