667 users online (72 members and 595 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Germany - Frankfurt, WhtFem 301UFDEU, 15-16, in Main River, Jul'01

doenetwork http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/301ufdeu.html

The Doe Network:
    Case File 301UFDEU

Left: Sketch of victim by Wesley Neville

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on July 31, 2001 in the Main River, Nied, Frankfurt, Germany.
    She was a victim of homicide. Cause of death was two fractured ribs caused by blunt force, which injuried the victim's lung. There had been stark application of force to the stomach and chest area.
    Estimated date of death: Three days before discovery, body is thought to have been in the water for 12-24 hours prior to discovery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15 - 16 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 157 cm - 5'2"; 38.5 kg - 85 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair - 12 in. long. "Cauliflower ear" on left ear. The victim was not a virgin, and she had no signs of pregnancy or any genital injury. Both of her ears were pierced and she also had a nose piercing. She seemed younger than her age as her breasts were only starting to develop. She looked to be about 13 years old.
    Dentals: Complete dentures without wisdom teeth. No dental or jaw orthopedic correction is evident.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
    The victim was located in the Main River on Tuesday, July 31 at about 2:50 pm. She was found wrapped up in brown leopard-print sheets. She was bound with 2 ropes, one white and the other purple to a sunshade stand. The ropes originate from Pakistan and are also known as Nalas. An umbrella (white, round, 70 cm diameter) was also bound to these bands, probably to make the body sink. This umbrella is commercialized by two Dutch companies, ELFE and VEROPA. It's distributed all over Europe.

Multiple unhealed injuries all over her body caused by long-term abuse. Both upper arms showed several fractures which were left to heal without treatment. Numerous cigarette burns were covering her entire body and she had numerous oblong scars on her forehead, torso and legs. There were also several lacerations on her head. She had been submerged in water for 12-24 hours, although maybe up to 3 days.

Left: Umbrella Stand that the victim was tied to; Center: Victim's Scarf; Right: The sheet that the victim was wrapped in.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Polizeipräsidium Frankfurt
    0 69/7 55 66 88
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Source Information:

**Warning! Post-mortem images on site below!
    BKA
    Hessen Police
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 06-27-2016 at 05:37 AM. Reason: updated Doe link

Poor girl. I can't seem to get the link to work.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    Poor girl. I can't seem to get the link to work.
    unfortunate. Also, note that she has a cauliflower ear, just like the racine county jane doe.

Sad it sounds like she was abused for a long time before she passed.

Try this link....or you can manually search at the Doe Network for the case.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/301ufdeu.html

It is very sad indeed!

Still in the rainy soggy PNW.... sigh....
    That is so sad...... How is it possible that someone gets abused so long and no one helps her.......

This case has always been so interesting and sad. I wonder what made LE think she was 15-16? Dental age?

I only just came across this tragic case. It's incredibly similar to the Racine County Jane Doe.

I feel eel like this girl probably wasn't German native. Just a hunch.
    Everything I ever say is my own opinion, I never intend to offend anyone!

Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSleuth View Post
    This case has always been so interesting and sad. I wonder what made LE think she was 15-16? Dental age?

Dentals: Complete dentures without wisdom teeth. No dental or jaw orthopedic correction is evident.

So, not dental age, but how?

She seemed younger than her age as her breasts were only starting to develop. She looked to be about 13 years old.

Looked about 13 but wasn't a virgin. Agreed, why didn't someone help her???

I suppose if she didn't get enough calories, she would mature late; could also explain the teeth. Refugee from a war?

This is so awful. It really does remind me of RCJD--awful. Who's doing all these awful things?
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

This video starts around the 2 minute 50 second mark and it ends around the 21 minute mark.

It is a recreation of how she was found, plus it shows photos and x-rays, and items that were found with her, etc.

This video is in German. I am not fluent in German. It is still of interest to watch.

Afghanistan/ Pakistan was mentioned,(in addition to Rhein Main), so maybe she originally came from that area, just a thought...IMOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post

So, not dental age, but how?

She seemed younger than her age as her breasts were only starting to develop. She looked to be about 13 years old.

Looked about 13 but wasn't a virgin. Agreed, why didn't someone help her???

I suppose if she didn't get enough calories, she would mature late; could also explain the teeth. Refugee from a war?
    The thing about her not being a Virgin is odd. There is no biological way to tell whether a girl is a virgin or not. You simply can't know for sure. You can tell if a girl has given birth I assume but you literally can't know if someone is a Virgin. Relying on things such as stretched hymen is inaccurate because a hymen stretches for reasons other than sex.

I did german in high school. I'll see if I can understand anything in the video but I can't promise anything
    Everything I ever say is my own opinion, I never intend to offend anyone!

Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

In addition to all the torture she endured she was underweight too - 157 cm - 5'2"; 38.5 kg - 85 lbs, that's a BMI of 15.6!

She wasn't a virgin but she doesn't seem to have been raped. This and that Afghanistan and Pakistan are mentioned makes me think that maybe her family first held her captive and starved and tortured her and then when she had died disposed of her because she had unapproved sexual relations.

ETA: I'm German. I will watch the video when I have time and share what is said. (Thank you, Treelights for posting it!)

As Treelights said, coverage of this case starts at 2:50 min. Showing x rays of her battered body, broken arms that never healed properly. Then it's made like a mini-movie, showing the detective at home having lunch with his daughter and the man who found the girl going on a walk with his dog along the Main.

WARNING: at 7:05-7:08 min there is a picture of her dead body.

The detective remarks that she must have been put in the river very nearby because there is a dam not far away where the body could not have passed through because the river was low at the time. They think she was put in the river between the dam and Nied (a part of Frankfurt), the body traveled maximum 3 km.

They determined her age by looking at one of her teeth under a microscope. Apparently the roots of teeth have rings, similar to trees, which you can count and derive the age of the person. They arrived at an age between 15.4 and 17.5 years.

The coroner says COD was multiple organ failure. The spleen is damaged, the lung is torn, two ribs are fractured. She was probably kicked or beaten to death.

They think that the cauliflower ear did not have a genetic cause but developed because she was beaten on the head repeatedly.

No sign of sexual abuse. She was not on any medication, not even painkillers for the numerous fractures in her arms. Coroner thinks her arms were intentionally broken. Coroner says "lifelong suffering", probably since childhood. In addition to burn scars, there are more than 30 scars on her body, probably from knife wounds. Another 8 wounds on her head.

They did an isotope analysis and determined that she probably came to Germany when she was 4 months old, and moved to the Frankfurt area when she was about 5 years old.

The things she was found with didn't help because they are too common. But one item is a so called 'nala', a thin long piece of cloth women use to hold up their underwear, used mostly in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Northern India.

They think she never went to school, never went to a hospital, was held captive for many years. Thinking, maybe a domestic help?

They are also thinking of the possibility (just like I speculated in my above post) that she was held captive and beaten because she had sexual relations before being married and the family felt she brought shame on them.

They held a small funeral for her, the detectives all contributed to buy her a stone. The stone has "Unknown girl, found in the river Main on July 31, 2001" inscribed.

LE Frankfurt has investigated the case for years and got nowhere because they have no name and no photo, only a reconstruction. They also think that because she was held captive for many years, had very little contact with the general public, people would not even know how she looked at 16.

They checked all available databases nationally and internationally for her fingerprints and dna, got no matches. Working with the FBI, schools, other organizations, and checked over 800 girls, there was never a match.

There is a 10,000 Euro reward.
    Last edited by Elainera; 02-09-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast