assaf1981

Inactive
Reaction score
doenetwork http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/301ufdeu.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 301UFDEU

Left: Sketch of victim by Wesley Neville

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on July 31, 2001 in the Main River, Nied, Frankfurt, Germany.
She was a victim of homicide. Cause of death was two fractured ribs caused by blunt force, which injuried the victim's lung. There had been stark application of force to the stomach and chest area.
Estimated date of death: Three days before discovery, body is thought to have been in the water for 12-24 hours prior to discovery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15 - 16 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 157 cm - 5'2"; 38.5 kg - 85 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair - 12 in. long. "Cauliflower ear" on left ear. The victim was not a virgin, and she had no signs of pregnancy or any genital injury. Both of her ears were pierced and she also had a nose piercing. She seemed younger than her age as her breasts were only starting to develop. She looked to be about 13 years old.
Dentals: Complete dentures without wisdom teeth. No dental or jaw orthopedic correction is evident.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was located in the Main River on Tuesday, July 31 at about 2:50 pm. She was found wrapped up in brown leopard-print sheets. She was bound with 2 ropes, one white and the other purple to a sunshade stand. The ropes originate from Pakistan and are also known as Nalas. An umbrella (white, round, 70 cm diameter) was also bound to these bands, probably to make the body sink. This umbrella is commercialized by two Dutch companies, ELFE and VEROPA. It's distributed all over Europe.

Multiple unhealed injuries all over her body caused by long-term abuse. Both upper arms showed several fractures which were left to heal without treatment. Numerous cigarette burns were covering her entire body and she had numerous oblong scars on her forehead, torso and legs. There were also several lacerations on her head. She had been submerged in water for 12-24 hours, although maybe up to 3 days.

Left: Umbrella Stand that the victim was tied to; Center: Victim's Scarf; Right: The sheet that the victim was wrapped in.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Polizeipräsidium Frankfurt
0 69/7 55 66 88
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Source Information:

**Warning! Post-mortem images on site below!
BKA
Hessen Police

Sad it sounds like she was abused for a long time before she passed.

That is so sad...... How is it possible that someone gets abused so long and no one helps her.......

This case has always been so interesting and sad. I wonder what made LE think she was 15-16? Dental age?

I only just came across this tragic case. It's incredibly similar to the Racine County Jane Doe.

I feel eel like this girl probably wasn't German native. Just a hunch.

This case has always been so interesting and sad. I wonder what made LE think she was 15-16? Dental age?

Dentals: Complete dentures without wisdom teeth. No dental or jaw orthopedic correction is evident.

So, not dental age, but how?

She seemed younger than her age as her breasts were only starting to develop. She looked to be about 13 years old.

Looked about 13 but wasn't a virgin. Agreed, why didn't someone help her???

I suppose if she didn't get enough calories, she would mature late; could also explain the teeth. Refugee from a war?

This is so awful. It really does remind me of RCJD--awful. Who's doing all these awful things? :(

This video starts around the 2 minute 50 second mark and it ends around the 21 minute mark.

It is a recreation of how she was found, plus it shows photos and x-rays, and items that were found with her, etc.

This video is in German. I am not fluent in German. It is still of interest to watch.

Afghanistan/ Pakistan was mentioned,(in addition to Rhein Main), so maybe she originally came from that area, just a thought...IMOO.

[video=youtube;iQmhG5SiMeI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQmhG5SiMeI[/video]

So, not dental age, but how?

She seemed younger than her age as her breasts were only starting to develop. She looked to be about 13 years old.

Looked about 13 but wasn't a virgin. Agreed, why didn't someone help her???

I suppose if she didn't get enough calories, she would mature late; could also explain the teeth. Refugee from a war?

The thing about her not being a Virgin is odd. There is no biological way to tell whether a girl is a virgin or not. You simply can't know for sure. You can tell if a girl has given birth I assume but you literally can't know if someone is a Virgin. Relying on things such as stretched hymen is inaccurate because a hymen stretches for reasons other than sex.

I did german in high school. I'll see if I can understand anything in the video but I can't promise anything :(

In addition to all the torture she endured she was underweight too - 157 cm - 5'2"; 38.5 kg - 85 lbs, that's a BMI of 15.6!

She wasn't a virgin but she doesn't seem to have been raped. This and that Afghanistan and Pakistan are mentioned makes me think that maybe her family first held her captive and starved and tortured her and then when she had died disposed of her because she had unapproved sexual relations.

ETA: I'm German. I will watch the video when I have time and share what is said. (Thank you, Treelights for posting it!)

As Treelights said, coverage of this case starts at 2:50 min. Showing x rays of her battered body, broken arms that never healed properly. Then it's made like a mini-movie, showing the detective at home having lunch with his daughter and the man who found the girl going on a walk with his dog along the Main.

WARNING: at 7:05-7:08 min there is a picture of her dead body.

The detective remarks that she must have been put in the river very nearby because there is a dam not far away where the body could not have passed through because the river was low at the time. They think she was put in the river between the dam and Nied (a part of Frankfurt), the body traveled maximum 3 km.

They determined her age by looking at one of her teeth under a microscope. Apparently the roots of teeth have rings, similar to trees, which you can count and derive the age of the person. They arrived at an age between 15.4 and 17.5 years.

The coroner says COD was multiple organ failure. The spleen is damaged, the lung is torn, two ribs are fractured. She was probably kicked or beaten to death.

They think that the cauliflower ear did not have a genetic cause but developed because she was beaten on the head repeatedly.

No sign of sexual abuse. She was not on any medication, not even painkillers for the numerous fractures in her arms. Coroner thinks her arms were intentionally broken. Coroner says "lifelong suffering", probably since childhood. In addition to burn scars, there are more than 30 scars on her body, probably from knife wounds. Another 8 wounds on her head.

They did an isotope analysis and determined that she probably came to Germany when she was 4 months old, and moved to the Frankfurt area when she was about 5 years old.

The things she was found with didn't help because they are too common. But one item is a so called 'nala', a thin long piece of cloth women use to hold up their underwear, used mostly in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Northern India.

They think she never went to school, never went to a hospital, was held captive for many years. Thinking, maybe a domestic help?

They are also thinking of the possibility (just like I speculated in my above post) that she was held captive and beaten because she had sexual relations before being married and the family felt she brought shame on them.

They held a small funeral for her, the detectives all contributed to buy her a stone. The stone has "Unknown girl, found in the river Main on July 31, 2001" inscribed.

LE Frankfurt has investigated the case for years and got nowhere because they have no name and no photo, only a reconstruction. They also think that because she was held captive for many years, had very little contact with the general public, people would not even know how she looked at 16.

They checked all available databases nationally and internationally for her fingerprints and dna, got no matches. Working with the FBI, schools, other organizations, and checked over 800 girls, there was never a match.

There is a 10,000 Euro reward.

What a sad case. The poor girl! :(

What they said about her probably not having had much contact with the public made me think, is it possible to do age regression pictures? Maybe someone would recognize her as the younger girl she was before the family (assuming it was her family) didn't allow her to go out anymore.

I noticed on the doe network the links to the photos of the deceased girl are not working anymore.

I found her case on bka.de and this is her page:

http://www.bka.de/nn_198456/DE/Fahn...nkfurtNiedMaedchen/frankfurtNiedMaedchen.html

WARNING: the page has GRAPHIC pictures of the girl.

ETA: it's a pity those postmortem pictures can't be widely distributed because she is clearly recognizable in them. If they would plaster Frankfurt with them there would be a much better chance that someone would recognize her.

As Treelights said, coverage of this case starts at 2:50 min. Showing x rays of her battered body, broken arms that never healed properly. Then it's made like a mini-movie, showing the detective at home having lunch with his daughter and the man who found the girl going on a walk with his dog along the Main.

WARNING: at 7:05-7:08 min there is a picture of her dead body.

The detective remarks that she must have been put in the river very nearby because there is a dam not far away where the body could not have passed through because the river was low at the time. They think she was put in the river between the dam and Nied (a part of Frankfurt), the body traveled maximum 3 km.

They determined her age by looking at one of her teeth under a microscope. Apparently the roots of teeth have rings, similar to trees, which you can count and derive the age of the person. They arrived at an age between 15.4 and 17.5 years.

The coroner says COD was multiple organ failure. The spleen is damaged, the lung is torn, two ribs are fractured. She was probably kicked or beaten to death.

They think that the cauliflower ear did not have a genetic cause but developed because she was beaten on the head repeatedly.

No sign of sexual abuse. She was not on any medication, not even painkillers for the numerous fractures in her arms. Coroner thinks her arms were intentionally broken. Coroner says "lifelong suffering", probably since childhood. In addition to burn scars, there are more than 30 scars on her body, probably from knife wounds. Another 8 wounds on her head.

They did an isotope analysis and determined that she probably came to Germany when she was 4 months old, and moved to the Frankfurt area when she was about 5 years old.

The things she was found with didn't help because they are too common. But one item is a so called 'nala', a thin long piece of cloth women use to hold up their underwear, used mostly in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Northern India.

They think she never went to school, never went to a hospital, was held captive for many years. Thinking, maybe a domestic help?

They are also thinking of the possibility (just like I speculated in my above post) that she was held captive and beaten because she had sexual relations before being married and the family felt she brought shame on them.

They held a small funeral for her, the detectives all contributed to buy her a stone. The stone has "Unknown girl, found in the river Main on July 31, 2001" inscribed.

LE Frankfurt has investigated the case for years and got nowhere because they have no name and no photo, only a reconstruction. They also think that because she was held captive for many years, had very little contact with the general public, people would not even know how she looked at 16.

They checked all available databases nationally and internationally for her fingerprints and dna, got no matches. Working with the FBI, schools, other organizations, and checked over 800 girls, there was never a match.

There is a 10,000 Euro reward.

Thank You So Much for the translation Elainera!!!! You are the Best!!! :) :)

It is so sad what happened to her!!! What a horrible life she had endured!!!
And to die in this fashion as well!! So horrific!!!

Again, Thank You Elainera!! I comprehend more than I can speak German, but I still wouldn't have
understood everything in that video had you not have translated in English. :)

It was my pleasure Treelights :) Even I had to go back several times to catch a word, it was sometimes not easy to hear.

I just sent an email to the email address listed under her case on the bka website, suggesting they attempt a sketch or age regression on her face of how she would have looked pre-teen, maybe it will jog someone's memory.

It was mentioned that she looked younger than 16, her breasts not fully developed. I think this might have been because she did not receive proper nourishment, she was underweight. Or maybe she was bulimic?

Yes terribly sad case :(

Elainera thank you so much! So good of you to translate. I feel so sad for this girl. I can't imagine something so barbaric happening in this day and age, especially in modern Europe!

I feel so sad that her entire life was just abuse and pain. If I had my way, Interpol would be combing the earth for her abusers, but ofc that isn't possible.
The virginity thing is still bothering me. It's impossible to medically tell if someone is a Virgin.

Oh, also, the thing about her breasts not being developed yet - I think I can field that question. In my A level (12th grade) psychology class we learned that children who have grown up with abuse tend to be physically underdeveloped. Eg the case of 'genie'- she was very short for her age when she was discovered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back