Court Dates

quote=lightinthedark;2414121]

Hey everyone,

Just an FYI... RG's new court date is Thursday July 31st @ 1:30 pm. MJ's new date is Wednesday August 6th @ 10:00 am

Thank you very much, Tom'sGirl! :) I hope we'll learn something more from these court appearances.

Thank you very much, Tom'sGirl! :) I hope we'll learn something more from these court appearances.
YW Sherbie, all I did was post lightinthedark's post over here for reference.

Whenever there's a lull in a case as far as released info. it hard. I too will be looking forward to learning more.

Interesting, last week the court's schedule listed Aug 6th as MJ's prelim, now it's listed for the 12th.

Cripes! 60 more days!

Orange County VT Family Court calendar:

Friday, Aug. 29 Jacques vs. Jacques
at 2:00 PM in Room cmc 119-7-08 Oedm/Divorce
Case Managers Conference
Atty(s): Todd C. Steadman

August 1, 2008

By John Curran Associated Press

MONTPELIER— A magistrate agreed Thursday to give prosecutors more time to make their case against two men facing charges in the case of 12-year-old slaying victim Brooke Bennett, saying the interests of justice outweigh the suspects' right to a speedy trial.

U.S. Magistrate Jerome Niedermeier in Burlington granted federal prosecutors two more months in which to investigate the roles of Michael Jacques and Raymond Gagnon. His ruling came a day after prosecutors filed motions in both cases, seeking the extensions.
snipped
Gagnon's lawyer, John Pacht, said Thursday that Gagnon didn't oppose the government's motion for more time because Gagnon wants to know what happened to Brooke.

"My client did not object to this because he wants the government to have the time to investigate what they need to investigate, to figure out what happened to Brooke.

"Folks keep speaking about there being some necessary link between the two charges with Jacques and Gagnon, and that has not at all been established. In fact, everything they know that I've been privy to thus far suggests there was not any contact between Gagnon and Jacques relative to the disappearance of Brooke," Pacht said.
http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080801/NEWS02/808010365

Jacques has court session next week
[SIZE=-1]Barre Montpelier Times Argus - Barre,VT,USA[/SIZE]

Jacques' first court appearance in connection to the charges has continually been delayed. Just last month prosecutors asked for and received an extension to bring an indictment against Jacques as they continue to collect evidence.

According to documents filed at the U.S. District Court in Burlington Friday, Jacques is now scheduled to appear there at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 13. The hearing will be before Judge Jerome Niedermeier.

Hearings for another man accused in connection to the Bennett case – Raymond Gagnon, her former stepfather – have also been delayed. He is accused of possessing child *advertiser censored* and destroying evidence. As of Friday, his hearing has not been rescheduled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back